GU39 Preview: Prestige

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinbik Developer

The Prestige gained from the final bosses of instances are on the same lockouts as the rest of the loot from those same bosses. If those reset, either naturally or via Replay Badges, you can get Prestige again.
    • Like x 2
  2. Pew New Player

Cool so its just playing around 15 5v5 matches per week to get softcap if you donate all marks.

Cheers, sounds reasonable.
    • Like x 1
  3. blklightning New Player

Thank you, muchly. I had internet issues during the first part of the live stream, so must have missed that part.

Off topic - I messaged Spytle yesterday during the live stream. He was doing his thing about Captain Liberty being higher on the list of officers when you sorted the roster. That was because the secondary sorting was done by date last online, I think. The dates/times of the officers listed were descending.
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

I understand and agree with the underlying reasoning. That being said one of the ideas I floated a while back was the idea of "actual CR", or in other words the CR of the gear you are actually wearing. At first I wanted it just to see what my CR was in alt roles without running the calculation but I also thought it might be a good way to balance OP runs on lower content by giving random current tier bonus to players for running lower content at level. So basically a T6 player for example could opt to maintain a set of T2 gear should they want to run T2 content at level.

The implementation of something like this is obviously separate from leagues on the surface but if something like this were in place it seems to me it would go a long way to helping out smaller leagues in recruiting and helping lower tier members to run lower content in a productive and challenging way. The option being I could run a T2 raid in my T6 gear and get no prestige or in a T2 set and get the full prestige.

At the end of the day, most T2 raids can easily be soloed by a duo of T6 players so I would hate to see the rush to get prestige a process of pushing 6 other lower league members through content where they are basically just warm bodies to get the prestige.

Just something to think about while keeping the idea of encouraging the recruitment, and more importantly, the inclusion of lower level players.
  5. blklightning New Player

This made me giggle. :p
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you for letting us all know! Also glad you are nipping potential wrong information in the butt now! :D

That's a little disheartening in the sense that, my leagues current average CR is probably in the T5 category, including a lot of our alts too. Active members, we are no where near 40-50. (Surprised that is based off of USPC.) It feels that it would be not worth helping lower members of the league unless players make an alt for that tier level. So it would be make alts for appropriate levels or let them fend for themselves. I know you said earlier that helping the lower member helps the league because they get the reward, but I didn't expect such a drastic diminishing returns. That to fully benefit for the whole league is to take your higher characters to stay high content and let low league members catch up themselves.

My league is no way a league that kicks for things such as this, but the rewards for helping almost seem like punishing because you are overgeared. I get it, you don't want people farming all content to cap the amount earned too quickly, but it really is an ouch for leagues bringing in new members.

Anyways, time to do some discussions within league. Thanks for the information.
    • Like x 5
  7. Drakonicus New Player

Off topic: Funny thing is, i use that expression all the time, when talking about me and my gf doing something thats was intended for more then 2 players.

I think there is only so much the Devs can do, to prevent "user error". Its sad that so much resources need are used, to prevent people from trying to "game the system". In a videogame
  8. TrueOlympus New Player

I still kinda don't see farming weak content to be such a bad thing. If that means ill see more Khans and Batcaves, i think the positive outweighs the negatives. But that is just my opinion
    • Like x 3
  9. Teflon Well-Known Player

The conversion rate on cash is harsh. $1,000,000 gets you 83 prestige which is less than you get from running a duo. This could be a good spot for the devs to start bleeding some of the money out of the economy but at that conversion rate I don't see many people taking advantage.
    • Like x 2
  10. blklightning New Player

I was about to disagree, because of the insane amount of $ in the economy, but the 2nd half of your statement seems an awesome solution to that problem. This is a great way to bleed that $ back out of the game.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

No, you are right. There will be a lot more "at level" runs of content. The problem is because this was introduced at the T6 level of content, the overgeared players outweigh the new at level players. So we are looking at wanting more members, but we don't benefit helping them to the extent that in a lot of cases, might be easier to just join another league. I hope it never gets to that point, but being overgeared is definitely a punishing part if you are limited in time and want to support your league with prestige.

Plus, the rewards you get from lower content wont yield much prestige from breaking it down as most of it is worth only cash currency.
    • Like x 2
  12. Drakonicus New Player

Thats actualy a good point, and something to think about: Do the benefits of having a money sink are better then the issue of people just buying the way to the top ? Do the diminishing return of prestige earn affect that ?
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

While writing it I was probably thinking solo'd or duo'd and got my wires crossed. I'm flipping back and forth between some other work I have so to be honset I'n supprised I'n mot naking more misteaks.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

We also need to look at differences in economies of each server. Making it a money sink is good an all, but we are looking at potentially something like the ToMs sink that actually hurt more than help. It's based on the cost of an item, so one would have to purchase the item first. Such as vendor gear.
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

I think for the smaller to mid-sized leagues we'll have to be more structured. For example our league generally runs raids on Thursdays but we might set one night for T6 raids, another for T5 and so on.

Personally I ran most of the T2 raids in the days of no-ninja on DPS gear if you are in role, so I have some reason to go back and do that content. However I think there will have to be a genuine, good for the collective, motivation for smaller leagues to stay competitive. So high tier players ought to just bite the bullet periodically and run the lower stuff to get the league prestige.

Not true altruism but close.
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

True that, I remember hearing the horror stories from EUPC when players couldn't farm enough for the MoT simply because a relevant money sink for USPS was actually draining what little money was circulating in the EU pool.

It's not like there's a BoC or Fed to set interest rates to slow down or speed up spending if things start moving too fast on a given server.
    • Like x 1
  17. Drakonicus New Player

Yeah, but there is direct cash option already (Cash - 0.00083). Also worth mentioning is that inflation on the servers is due to cash already in circulation, not cash being earned. I think if you make the moeny sink good enough, soon or later it will start a domino effect.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Raptor Tech? -_- So many people are crying about Sharpshooter Legs, but try getting Raptor Tech in old content! EESH!

I understand, hence "League Discussion". :p But really, a lot of my members are seeing one character being all they want to do in game, due to a lot of other factors outside of League Halls at play.
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

But we are also looking at they are basing it off the low end, instead of the high. Example, apparently USPC has larger leagues than USPS, but they looked at the low end average of leagues and based the entire number off that. (40-50)
  20. Azrael New Player

The diminishing returns to help league members level is a bit too harsh... that seriously needs to looked out. Many of us don't want to lower content therefore making it harder for new players to level hence no one is queuing or shouting for those instances. I thought the League Halls were going to open the ENTIRE game up so ppl want to run all content not just tier 6. Re-running the same tier 6 instances gets old fast and makes the game feel very restricted. Hence why not into a month in ppl get burned out and complain there's no content. Its just once again high end players feel restricted.

Please reconsider changing the diminishing returns so its not so harsh. Right now it is very exclusive to new players and ppl in the anything less than tier 6.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.