Full Water powerset trees (#2)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lynx, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Ergotth Committed Player

I REALLY liked your idea for water. Sounds a bit like Nature. One tree controls the element, other controls the life that dwells in it. I have also made my water skilltree, but more neutral about atlanteans or simply water-controlling characters (which cant control fishes), more based in Sorcery and eletricity, this one focus in Aquakynesis to control water and Hydration to control water inside bodies and in the air itself (evaporate, rehydrate, condense clouds, spread fog)

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/suggestion-for-healer-powers-water.205361/

I'd love your opinion =)

I also think hope should come in the SECOND batch of powers, because...we already got rage, having another lantern power in a row sounds a bit frustrating, after that, at least I'm 100% sure we wont have any lantern power EVER AGAIN because we already have 1 troller that encopasses 2 powers (fear and will), 1 tank (rage) and we are bound to have a healer (blue, white/black). Trio is done, no need for other lantern powers.
    • Like x 2
  3. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

I'd always assumed that with this being a video game, one rooted in "comic book physics" at that, the player community would have in common at least baseline willingness to suspend a bit of disbelief. As with most assumptions, however, this one was also apparently faulty. So, for the benefit of the 'empirical imperialists' among us (you know who you are)...

Temperature is not the only means to boil (or freeze) water. There's also pressure: apply enough and you get ice, remove enough and you get steam. With hydrokinesis being akin to a specialized form of telekinesis, is it really so far-fetched to imagine the density of the summoned molecules (a/k/a pressure) could be regulated by the will of the caster? Drilling even deeper, there's a more fundamental flaw to that "need temperature to boil" argument -- going by that logic then why shouldn't mastery over water, sunlight, photosynthesis, and time (as examples) be prerequisites for spontaneous florogenesis (i.e. making plants grow instantly from nothing)?

And to the proposition that mechanical enemies would be essentially immune to water-based attacks, here's an experiment: turn on your toaster, pour a glass of water in it, then report your findings here ... after calling 9-1-1 of course. ;)

Back to the point: WATER POWERZ PLEEEEEEZZ!!!!!!!! :D
    • Like x 1
  4. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

[Devs] just stated in another tree, that they have plans to make new powers inside trilogies. Since there is not succeed streak of powers without having one in some WoL DLC, & since it can't be non-lantern power, & since we haven't healing power with ring & since many players wanna be lantern healers, l'm almost 100% sure 5-th Healer Power is going to be lantern-based, either Blue or lndigo. Additionally were stated by [Devs], that they haven't currently plans for Water powers, which means inside trilogies we m/l'lln't get it & also said, that visual effects for it beyond Unreal Engine & impossible on PS3 at all.
  5. DarkAdapation New Player

i like it i would like the devs to consider it
  6. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Amazing work! I love how you put so much work and dedication to the look and description of the powers!
  7. ExobitMaster New Player

I think water powers would be a great NEW DLC for the DCUO Game.
    Introducing more about Aquaman or something...
  8. Forced Penance New Player

Amazon Fury 2: Atlantis rises against the Amazons to the aid of the surface world
    Amazon Fury 3: Water powers ( Atlantis tech/magic/whatever) given to the surface world to combat Ares who prompted the attack to begin with.

Hey, I can hope....
    • Like x 1
  9. PyroDark New Player

Water Powers! yes! I've finally signed in to these forums expressly to endorse this idea! I already have a character ready to respec as soon as they come to their senses and make this.
  10. Blight KOBRA Commander

Very well constructed and some great ideas. One thing I'd like to see added would be some kind of Water Tendril attack to the Hydrokinesis tree.
  11. Nic New Player

THIS IS AWESOME THEY NEED TO MAKE THIS A POWER THEY HAVE TO!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  12. Emerald Eon New Player

someone get a dev in here now. D:<
  13. Zosc New Player

Drowning PI that sounds pretty funny. Ahh, I love theory crafting.
  14. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Gotta say, what awesome ideas you had with this. Water powers would be so sweett :D

What would be it's awesome mechanic?
  15. UltraBlackJoker New Player

WATER WATER I NEED WATER WATER :cool:
  16. Musashi Starblade New Player

I understand that you have put a lot of time and effort into making this, and I think it looks awesome. But...I just don't see water ever being a healing power. That is just my opinion. When I think of a water power that hydrates team mates, I think of it as giving water to athletes so they can go back out into the game, or fight, and feel replenished. In my opinion that sounds very much like a controller power. Not a healing power.
  17. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

We alredy have 2 water powers to make ice you need water and quantum already does water interactions get off the water subject time for a real troll water is over rated just like the light class
  18. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

The quantum sheild is so annoying now your asking to cover ate screen in high and low tides and floods sounds even more annoying hands down to water I vote no
  19. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I don't know about you but from what I have read in comic, water element user can make the water solid so it can destroy pretty much anything.
  20. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

So, this year I've noticed during the summer seasonal events (open-world & instance) that there are already quite a few water-based animations that would pair up nicely as VFX for powers such as Lynx proposed in his OP.

With all this groundwork already done (in-game visuals + Lynx's prototype power-trees), all the more reason that the devs should give us water as our next powerset.

(speaking of the devs, it sure would be nice to see a green name show up to either confirm or deny the possibility of adding water ... but hopefully confirm) :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2