DLC 11 Raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LORD_SHOCKA, May 5, 2014.

1. TheLoneLantern New Player

3 raids make sense.

1 single room intermediate raid
    1 easy version of the dungeon crawl
    1 challenge version of the dungeon crawl

Since it's very safe to assume that t6 will consist solely of DLC10 and DLC11, ending up with 3 raids, 1-2 alerts, and a duo + all DLC10 content, tier 6 is balanced with enough content across the group sizes.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

I hope you mean 3 unique raids and not 2 versions of the same.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

2 versions of the same raid. I've been around long enough to have the proper expectations.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Spytle alluded to there being 3 Raids. He posted on twitter that he couldn't say how many Raids there were in the DLC but the Tootsie Pop was tasty which a lot of people think is him alluding to the famous owl commercial where he counts to 3.

Although if I was to bet I would say 1 Hero Raid, 1 Villain Raid, and 1 Raid both sides get to play.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They already confirmed a long time ago that they will not be doing that again. There will never be two different difficulty versions of the same raid again like there is with the FoSes, Batcaves and Kahndaq.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheLoneLantern New Player

Let me try and find the post for you then.

Nvm, you are correct. I misunderstood Spytle's post:

I thought he was saying that the challenging raid would be the easy raid, but with more difficult NPCs.

I apparently missed Mepps's clarification on it:
    Please remember, these new plans for structure will take effect after DLC 10. [/quote]
    • Like x 1
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Go ahead. If you've read something contrary to what I posted I would be very interested to see as I have seen at least two official dev posts in the last couple of months that said they won't ever be doing two different difficulties for the same raid/op going forward.
    • Like x 1
  8. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

Well according to Spytles little tweet, there is a very strong possibility there are 3.
    • Like x 1
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

My chair is ready.
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

It’s possible that DLC11 will have 3 raids since it is closely tied to League Bases and DLC10 had no raids.

Introducing 3 “raids” in Halls of Power is the perfect opportunity to not only rebalance T6’s large group content but also spotlight how league bases will be utilized in PVE content.

That said, it wouldn’t be above and beyond the devs to only introduce 3 T6 “raids” since both T3 and T5 had that same number.

In addition, I would have to disagree with a statement made above as it can be assumed that T6 (and subsequent tiers) will consist of 3 DLCs, seeing as this has been the case for both T4 and T5.
  11. Lokkii Committed Player

Nah, they can keep the Solo's, Duo's and open world stuff, we want raids and alerts for days.
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nah. Balance of all :)
    • Like x 1
  13. LowerWiskers New Player

Na. I'd rather never see any content for more than 4 people. Actually, 5 man would be best. Then you can have +1 of any role and still have a balanced group ;)

#raidsareannoying
    • Like x 1
  14. Im Charlie New Player

Every DLC should have as much content as OC, or at least as much content as battle for earth.
    • Like x 4
  15. Kid Sorbet New Player

Can't argue with that :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Lokkii Committed Player

Which is why we need all raids, we jus had a DLC with duo's solo's and boring open world content, balance would now be giving us large group content, in this MMO we play.

I don't get how, since orgin crisis, we got 1 op and two other DLC's with 1 alert and almost all solo content yet you say balance LOL. Sad.
  17. Green Lantern New Player

I could do without new raids, honestly. It's not that I don't enjoy them, I do. It's just they tend to bring out so much of the bad attributes of this community, especially if the raid is overly difficult and drops the best gear. That's when you get into people screaming insults at each other, people quick on the kick trigger, etc etc. The greed definitely shines through when these things drop.

I just hate to see the harmony shattered every time a new raid comes out.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kid Sorbet New Player

Sure. But on the flip side, raids can also bring out the best in the community-- team work, encouragement, being surprised by someone's skill. Don't forget about those too.
  19. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

personally i feel like DC owes us along the lines of 5-6 raids right now because of in the year we've only saw 1 8 man op when 2 raids every 6 months shouldn't be to much to ask for. lts nearly 14 months since OC has came out and yet we got have gotten 1 8-man op yea i think 3 raids is beyond reasonable... at this point
    • Like x 1
  20. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

I hate this statement so much .... not saying its not true but it just was better left unsaid