We need more people on the villain side

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iLove Frannyyy, Oct 16, 2013.

1. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

I rolled a villian and stopped once i saw the story arcs and content was the same.

Why would a villian help batman or fight black adam?

I would love to play villians.

Im a dark person in real life and would always choose the dark side and hang with Darth over Luke any day but DCUOs villian story is just the hero side with very minor changes.
    • Like x 2
  2. InvisibleInk Active Player

God man. I don't know. You already made all the basic villain styles look super awesome.

Maybe if you redid the lighting and repainted the hall of doom?

I don't know. Its one of those things where just about ANYTHING you could do would improve things for villains on USPC. All 30 of us.
  3. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

Heroes can keep them self where they are.; We honestly don't need them spreading like a plague to the villain side.
  4. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

Fraction change token. But make it so you can only use it once every 4 months or so.
  5. Kira_kun Active Player

"And thus I clothe my naked villany
    With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ,
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."

You can probably guess which side I'm on.

I always thought of the factions as cosmetic, with no obvious advantage over the other. Besides population. My first thought when I started was, who could resist playing with the joker as mentor?
  6. Avian Dedicated Player

Pretty sure that faction tokens are one of those things we will never see. Too many complications to it like feats and styles. As someone mentioned before most people just want to be heroes and there isn't much to do about that. Making the villain side more attractive by basically making it easy mode for the game would be an incredibly cheap move as well. Task force x seems to be the best option in my opnion.
  7. The Corrupt New Player

One of the best ideas I've read on here is making a few Villain faction only Legends characters. I believe Doomsday and Darkseid were brought up. I don't Darkseid would work currently seeing as how we are only about to get HoP part 1 but Doomsday has been around since launch. Maybe throwing in Metallo, Mr. Freeze, and say Reverse Flash for only villain faction and like maybe only 1 new Legends for heroes. I bet so new villain characters would be made that way. Enough to balance it? Probably not.

Another idea would be for future DLC's throw in a solo challenge or duo that's exclusivally for villains only. I say solo or duo because those are probably a little easier to make than a full alert or raid. Make the villain only extras have no feats attached to them except maybe drop a non tradable special base items.

Maybe a couple lair themes that are for villain faction only such as a cold/green kryptonite theme or a hellish base theme with lots of burn marks and random fires on the ground and wall.
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

So what you are referring to is a form of discrimination and suppression. I'm sure all the villains that want to play villains would disagree with you. Seems like you would want to restrict people from playing the game how they like. Doesn't sound like good business practices.
  9. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

THEY don't see themselves as the bad guy though. Also a rule of human nature but one that is MUCH MUCH MORE UNIVERSAL (even hitler saw himself as the good guy). And last i checked it was THEM choosing there faction.
  10. AzraelR Committed Player

The situation is terrible. I don't know about PS servers, but in the USPC are 10, 20 heroes for each 1 villain. I just logged with my hero char yesterday and you see about 20 or 25 heroes in RD machine, more 20/25 on broker, more 20/25 on sparrings, etc.. Villains side is just empty sometimes.

What makes me angry is that nothing is being done to improve it. Staying releasing DLC's faster does not improve the situation. You need to give some advantage to the villains, something to make players also play in this faction.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Join a league. If your already in1 recruit more players. Then u dont need to wait. Easy and simple.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Give an advantage to the villains? U cant be serious?
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive started threads about this and ofc got no reply from any devs. My entire league said we would love to switch factions. Isnt it awesome how people say the devs DO listen but when people come up with ideas that alot of other players like they tend to not even address the topic? If they are not able to do a faction token how hard is to let us know that?
    • Like x 1
  14. Archangel Rafael New Player

It's not just kids. It's everybody. Hero comics outnumber villain titled books 100-to-1.

The only ways to fix this in-game will be to incentivize villaining which will only crap-up the game.

The next step will be cross-factioning or faction switching which makes the entire idea of factions meaningless.
    1) leave it alone. Villainy is unpopular. You can't dev your way out of that without making a really lopsided incentive system. I think we can all see that the majority DCUO playebase is stat-driven rather than RP/concept driven. So, we can know what happens if faction-switching is incentivized.

2) if you're going to add faction switching or cross-faction play and incentivize it, it's the final nail in the coffin of any semblance of RP, immersion, milleu which this game is already sorely lacking.

3) so if you're going to do this stuff, just put an end to factions altogether. Make us all one faction and be done with it. If you're going to kill all semblance of character RP/concept make it clean, rather than a slow painful torturous death for those who do care about that stuff.

All true, and as you can see from this thread there's a few in here who like the villains better and wanna talk about "I can see how the Joker has a point. I can relate to him" well fine but the fact is that behind the delusions, Joker is actually the bad guy and so was Hitler.

These are people who pick their faction but now they don't like how it turned out and want to argue that villains are indeed more popular than heroes despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. "I just can't see how anyone could pass up having Joker as a mentor" is another quote from this thread. Apparently other people can see themselves not wanting Joker as a mentor. It's apparent because that's why this thread and the many others like it were made.

villainy is unpopular.

It's have our cake and eat it too time for the villain players. You picked the obviously less popular side, suffer in denial that it is in fact less popular and now want the devs to imbalance the game in some way to make the villain side popular. That about sum it up?

ps - the rationale that "comic characters switch sides all the time" is a) totally false. and b) a rationalization from the stat-driven club that's as thin as the rationale for WM "let's us be like our favorite characters, Arsenal and Deathstroke" lolz- they had to go so far down the heroes' c-list to find an example that they ended up with "arsenal". What is that?
  15. AzraelR Committed Player

"Why there is no token to change faction?"

It's one of the great mysteries of DC Universe Online.
  16. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

As far as I remember City of Heroes got whole factions-change expansion where you could go Hero->Vigilante->Villain and Villain->Rogue->Hero and as far as I know RP was pretty wide spread in that game.
    • Like x 2
  17. AzraelR Committed Player

I think if the devs do not want to create a token faction, then allowing heroes play in instances of villains and vice versa, everyone plays with everyone. Problem solved, no problems if villains are few, will always have someone to play along.

But I doubt they do this, chance is absolutely 0%. Even the players don't want it :rolleyes:

But it would be perfect (for me) to play with some friends that I have on heroes side. And I would not need to create another character just to play with them.
  18. Timed Out New Player

Why stop there? How about level 30 characters? Or level 30 characters with all the feats?

>>>troll post<<<
  19. TrainWreckzz Active Player

There are a toon of heroes but us villains are better skilled and more fun :p
    • Like x 2
  20. Stickydimes New Player

I think adding missions that are hero/villain specific that does not mirror each other would be a good step in the right direction. And I mean COMPLETELY different alerts or even raids that you can only see playing within that faction.