Nature and Weapon Mastery....

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, May 8, 2014.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

@prime. I'm from the ps3/4 server, and I refuse to pay anything extra, so no I wasn't on the test. I'm doing the @ stuff because my reply isn't working
  2. Peacemakaz Committed Player

25m for staying within 500k of you O.O? I'll take you up on that...
    • Like x 1
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

@peace. I want to take the bet too, didn't know what the rules were, but now that I know I wanna take that challenge
  4. OGM_Madness New Player

USPS?
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Common now this isn't a dps contest, everyone put the measuring tapes away.
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

I was using a ruler;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Peacemakaz Committed Player

yes
  8. PrimeSwitch Active Player

Watch "Weapon Mastery and Nature" on YouTube
    Weapon Mastery and Nature:

Not sure if this vid was posted but here it is. Its another vid of a nature dps falling to an avg rage dps.
    What I like about both vids is that in starry vid the nature dps uses awesome mechanic through out and starry is using a wip loadout.

The second vid shows ivy trying to max his damage out by using both and as said the rage dps in his vid is not using a max damage out loadout/rotation , yet ivy still fell by 400k.

Wheres the balance in these vids devs? Both these powers have the gu36 awesome mechanic and wm access yet the damage difference between the two is not slightly in favor of rage but instead over whelming.
    I will try and get different vids of other powers compared to nature but for now these 2 show alot of nature flaws.
    • Like x 1
  9. kraptastic Well-Known Player

You do realize that you still get the big precision hit right? Just not the might power crit%. But ive had enough of this thread. You wont change my mind and you just want your power of choice to be over powered. I really dont care. Im lucky in that I play in a league that maximizes potential and fun. Yall have fun switching between fotm powers and crying. If you really had any sense you would realize it was beserk that was beating you and not rage itself. But thats ok. Enjoy your scoreboard im gonna go enjoy the game.
    • Like x 1
  10. PrimeSwitch Active Player

Lol how contradicting do you sound? If I wanted to be fotm I'd be rage. Instead I want balance from not just nature but all powers.
    If you play in a league that's raises your potential then you should see the issue with nature (if)
    Isn't beserk in the rage power set? Yes , so your point is?

I'm glad your done because you didn't bring anything to this thread positive or in your deffence.
    • Like x 1
  11. kraptastic Well-Known Player

lol done with thread but not with u I guess.
    ive been around long enough to know nature has always been THE healing power. Easy mode. And been fotm dps just before wm. So saying your nature like a badge of honor its not. Come back and say you were earth or fire or electricity pre wm and that argument would stand. Nature? Not so much.

But when are you gonna make a constructive post on nature changes? The devs created "awesome mechanics" because ON TEST they realized it was too strong. "Awesome mechanics" was something they changed and added after. Now whats your point? Devs are wrong? If so how do you make it right realisticly. Are you capable of a post like that? Every post you attack someone or challenge someone. Not the way to sway me. Im putting you on ignore until someone tells me you posted a decent thread yourself with goals and something the devs might consider. Till then your just ranting like a child.
  12. PrimeSwitch Active Player

Fotm dps before wm? What about sorc, rage celestial? Right. I have posted my defense to why your just to lazy to go back and read.
    Wheres yours? Oh wait nature is op.
    Where you on test while nature had wm bonus? Im a say no you weren't and no there was no indication that nature was op with. I was on test why because I want balance. The two vid show otherwise, myself crappy and others have broken down the issues.

Lastly im not posting to convince you I could care less what you think, im posting to help nature.
    Also the so called awesome mechanic was already implemented prior to the devs acknowledging it so again your full of misinfo.

Until a explanation that these vids show balance and that nature shouldn't get looked over because the lack of balance I'll keep posting.
  13. PillowHands Committed Player

LOL calm down. You're rage :p
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

What i can do with sorcery puts nature to shame, i'm gonna post a vid up and do a little comparison later on.
  15. PrimeSwitch Active Player

Watch "DCUO T6 alert DPS/Troll" on YouTube
    DCUO T6 alert DPS/Troll:

Heres a vid of a mental vs nature unfortunately the mental dps had to switch to troll at the end. The mental dps was up by 300k and I believe would have been more giving that mentsl is considered the boss killer.
    So here's a power not top 3 according to Dev's and not even top five to some beating s nature dps while using WM.showing that natures awesome mechanic cant keep up with wm bonus and we know natures wm bonus cant as well.

If a rage dps can over whelming top nature and a mental dps(not top 5 to some) can get a 300k lead going into last boss, how is nature balanced?
    3 vids devs showing nature needs retooling. Ty for reading.
    • Like x 1
  16. PrimeSwitch Active Player

Oh I know I have sorc toon that not only can deal damage with fury but the options it has for wm bonus is great.
  17. PrimeSwitch Active Player

From what I understand this concept that was made to give the user two options to use to optimize their damage out. This concept was introduced late in testing not giving anyone a fair chance to test, yet the devs said they wanted to give it as much time as possible but they introduce this concept of not stacking both mechanics with out warning. How was that giving it time?

Gu36, awesome mechanic and wm is suppose to head us to balance but nature which has all 3 is not. Vids and break down as to why are on this thread.
    lets take another power that has all 3 sorcery... this power has the balance of both mechanics with the option of its awesome mechanic fury which prior to this concept sorcery was a top tier power, can put out great damage. Now it has access to wm bonus, with only the fury being taken away sorcery is left with optimal options.

lets see powers like Transmutation, soul barrage, Vengeance, final ruin...you get the point , now add shards (aoe burst, dot, pi applier) COD(aoe dot) and I can keep on with other options but you see how many options sorcery can choose from to mix with wm.Sorcery =balance.

Now as we know wm bonus seems to be the hardet hitting of the two mechanics because that also nature is behind . After our spores and swarm are taken away from using wm bonus we are left with very very little options.
    as I stated powers like serpent call , vp, thorns, subpar supercharges this isnt an optimal wm bonus loadout. Other powers can keep dots up and mix in burst powers with wm and get bonus, how is nature keeping up with that.
    If gu36, awesome mechanics, and WM are suppose to bring balance you didn't give your non stacking of this concept a chance on test.
    Now nature is unbalance because of it, if keeping this concept as is then nature deserves a retooling because of the lack of time provided and what has been presented on this thread.

ty for reading.
  18. Shin C New Player

reading this thread i find it unusual that anyone that has played nature doesn't realize how not getting the bonus crit from wm has handicapped nature!. You don't have to crunch any numbers or do any complicated math to understand this!!! First and foremost because someone is able to beat a bunch of puggers with nature currently does not exactly mean that powers are balanced. what it means is that you are an above average dps going against average or trash pug dps so just about any power you use you will probably be ahead till you run into an above average dps like yourself. Before weapon mastery Nature wasn't exactly blowing away powers like sorcery or rage.. even had mental guys that wouldn't be too far behind... so what makes people think that you can allow mental sorcery and rage to utilize a crit that allows your power to hit for more then 300% more damage with barely any restrictions like sorcey's pet. while taking Natures hardest hitting powers swarm and poisons and not allowing them to utilize bonus crit at all? Do the math idiots.. people saying that we are still getting the hard hits of wm... yes we are but those other powers that were doing about same damage are hitting harder too except the difference is they are getting crits on their power on top of that precision hit. now you do the math.. if someone is getting a3000 to 5000 increase on their power hit every time they do a weapon combo and you are in a 45 min alert how many times are they gonna get that combo off? now times that by 3000 to 5000 and tell me that isn't gonna be a significant advantage at the end of an alert or raid! Nature was not blowing away powers before weapon mastery when all players playing were around same skill level people wake the heck up!!! Also the new terror pi used with serpent call or even if you wanna go to iconic tree using the glove etc will not defeat the classic 3 poison swarm loadout in higher content no matter how you attempt to do this... i have fully tested this in high content and see that the usual number crunchers have also. Developers i urge that you reopen testing on nature and see for yourself.. when played at a high skill level Nature will not be able to keep up with alot of powers now because of your decision not to give us the bonus crit. doesn't make any sense to handicap sorcery only on their pet while you handicap us not only on our pet but our hardest hitting DOTS!!!! Then to make it worse you have all these other powers that after update 36 are able to lay down their dots faster use weapon mastery and get the bonus crit. does this sound balanced to you? this is not rocket science!!!!
    • Like x 1
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

+1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

i was gonna go nature on my 4rth toon which is mental atm because i think nature is alot of fun. Now i have seen a few people do decent dmg with nature in t6a but nothing like it was considering t6a adds and bosses have alot of health and u would think that would benefit natures with the dots but as people gear up they r melting pretty fast now. No way nature keeps up imo and im gonna reconsider my change on my mental toon and maybe go sorc or ice as those seem alotta fun too. I always liked ice and it seems 2 have made a big comeback with WM. Hb>brawl combo for melee with ice is doing some great dmg atm. But tbh just wish nature was able 2 b played like every other power is atm. I know sorc has the fury thing and soon earth and electric will deal with the same. But thats 1 power on each powerset. Not all the main pwrs w/in like nature. Well could b 2 pwrs with multiple pets but u get the point. I dont wanna continue 2 bash the devs but idk what else 2 even say anymore. They said on WM livestream they were gonna close the gap on prec and might dmg #s and look how that has turned out. Same with WM is an alternative 2 clipping. Just seems like they r feeding us bs and it needs 2 stop. Do some real and honest testing b4 u make changes. Dont read data #s off a piece of paper. Do it ingame against other good players. Thats the real way 2 test, not some # your computer spits out that says oh this is 2 strong. Y does it seem the players know the game better than the devs do sometimes?
    • Like x 2