Work In Progress: Earth Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Lava Active Player

If only we had two breakouts that were usable while countered like a rage tank, we would have less problems we aftershock tanking. Right now as rage tank, I can rotate both breakouts to make sure I combo moves that ignore rage crash. As an earth tank, I can rotate unstoppable and breakout trinket, but it still does not guarantee I can combo jackhammer after I am countered.
    • Like x 2
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Anyone else notice a few earth style moves in this dlc? But not moves on earths trees?

Wonder woman's solo last boss has this aoe move with all thus rock shards that come up from the ground snd I believe in circes last boss fighting the statue it has various earth type moves I think 1 I haven't seen before ... Maybe new animations for us? ....

And incase the devs are actually reading I want to say again please remove the rock hands on reinforce ... Please let it just be dust around my hands
    • Like x 1
  3. Infinite Active Player

Yeah I have to agree with getting rid of those rock hands. They are very ugly.

I would also like to know if its worth me getting WM for the tank role for earth? For dps I got it but I dont feel like I need it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/general-ptolemas-special-attack.202840/
    • Like x 1
  5. Cara EL Well-Known Player

People that say keep Earth power as is is pretty much saying to DC if you want to lose out on money don't fix Earth. I guarantee if Earth is fixed there will be a lot of people including myself switching back to Earth. I love Earth it is addicting although Tier5 has made it difficult for Earth to adapt to. Precision based Earth requires close range to put out damage and Earth Tank requires more damage absorption I only see Earth crystal or brick absorbing the appropriate damage. Those people that say Earth DPS is fine are pretty much Might Based and I do believe them because Earth Might is mainly range. I'm waiting to pay $10 for my power change just waiting on this Earth Balance.
    • Like x 3
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

You can go back to Earth. WM lets you be earth and still keep up with everyone else. Just do that until GU 37 drops
  7. Cara EL Well-Known Player

Yes it does and I appreciate it although we are still having issues with T5 Raids
    • Like x 1
  8. Dogico Loyal Player

Extra damage, save a little power, mastering a weapon leads to best skill points in the game. I'm inclined to beleive that future content will be a lot like Themy, at least in the sense that the bosses will have a lot of health necessitating everyone in the group to put out damage, not just the dps. Good to start practicing now. I was 2H for a bit now I'm Brawling, really enjoy both. Mess around with weapons, some of the combos are faster than one would think.
    I figured that was a pseudo preview of what's to come update 37.
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I am hoping the same. The devs would be master level trolls otherwise lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

guys... in about a week and a half or so, we are all going to be super excited or super ticked! i cant wait to find out which one.
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm very nervous and excited
  12. JessTier New Player

I originally posted this in the Gameplay thread... but has more merit here... I've edited it slightly and added on final suggestion at the bottom...

So on the great vine (and the work in progress threads) there are rumors that Update 37 is going to be Earth's update... With that said, I thought I'd give my wishlist of things I'd like to see Earth include (this comes from a pet/damage shift tanking perspective and AOE damager). Feel free to chime in with your own thoughts... as these are merely opinions and I welcome constructive debate and feedback.

Before I get started, I'd like to say, these are NOT numbers based suggestions, just simply ways I think it would help with how Earth flows in gameplay terms.

1) BETTER SUPERCHARGES! As it stands, Earth Supercharges are virtually useless, our self healing cocoon is a giant bouncy ball of doom, and the others simply just don't work as intended.

2) SUMMONED PETS... Combine Brick and Crystal into one skill point with the ability to summon each one in the appropriate stance like Nature's bug/wolf form now works. Or Sorcery's dual pet skill point. Make Crystal purely damage based. Focusing her by given more offensive type abilities that set up PIs for Earth (I.E. caused dazed or crushed) up her damage and take away her cleanse ability making her a true DPS pet. Brick has the opportunity to be more useful too, give him the Cleanse move that Crystal currently has as well as more hit points and/or the ability to block this way he's not just floating there taking damage, he has a use that will make him loved by the whole group, not just us Golem loving pet tanks.... Oh and while you're at it PLEASE give Crystal and Brick a much needed face-lift.

3) Totem... I'd really like to see the damage, healing and CC effects increased a TON and turned into a supercharge move. Either that, or is summoned UNDERNEATH the enemy instead of the player.

4) Damage shift... Now this is where people may think I've lost my mind... I actually LIKE damage shift as it is now, it's great for clipping totem's extremely LONG animation, and it's buff is nice, though maybe increase it slightly to keep in inline with other powers.

5) Can we please have better ways of setting up crushing PIs, or simply replace it with something that's usable by others.

6) Give Earth a second break out move! By this I mean a move that makes us immune to control effects (and three others in tank stance) like other tank classes have. If the combined Golems skill pint took hold, this could be the extra skill spot for us :D

7) Aftershocks... The amount of aftershocks should be limited (yes even jackhammer, though even I admit having fun spamming jackhammer sometimes...) this means that the aftershocks can be made into precision based attacks that increase damage with each AS without becoming game breaking and would help keep power costs down for this VERY thirsty powerset This really would be the epitome of high risk high reward since all aftershocks require us remaining stationary which in itself is very risky due to literally being stuck in place while doing the combo and they take a WHILE to do.

8) Gemstone shield in my opinion is the BEST shield in the game... It's completely a utility move, can used to clip, is great for damage mitigation AND (when it's mechanics work right) is great for longer lasting effects when holding off the damage. My only complaint is because it's an aftershock ability, its VERY high risk to get the full shield... So as much as it pains me to say, I think it needs only 2 stages... 1 mitigates HALF the damage until shield runs out (added to standard tank buff for using power), then, when it's after-shocked mitigates 100% like regular shields. the simple change of removing the additional aftershocks actually helps keep it as a utility shield meaning it still has it's place on most loadouts AND due to the slightly quicker access to a full shield it can be used in high-end instances without the increased risk of wiping and help the powerset keep a natural flow and fast pace in line with other powers.

9) And finally probably the most obvious, yet sometimes overlooked... A visual/audible aid to show us that our damage mitigation from AS is in effect. Something as simple as some rock armor would suffice, but would really help us keep up our timing without spamming extra power and putting a drain on trolls.

I know there's other things that I'd love to see but these are my main ideas...

Tanks for your time everyone. (punn intended)
    • Like x 1
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

i think you are a little behind on some changes that have already been made. all tank breakouts are you and 7 teammate breakouts now. been like this for a few months. and totem's recent animation change has drastically been shortened with gu36. i dont even clip it sometimes just because i dont have too.

your suggestion for gemstone shield got me thinking again. i too want them to make it work 100% percent of the time, but thats not what im referring to.

right now on live we can aftershock gemshield. it doesnt add to our "personal absorption" like upheaval or jackhammer. a few people have suggested that other powers be granted aftershocks so they do more damage or become more useful for earth. but someone said the cooldown would have to be raised due to it affecting tank mechanics. well i think not now. make it to where only certain power's aftershocks grant the tank absorption, and others can keep their cooldowns (epicenter, totem, etc...) and gain more usefulness for earth as a whole.
    also, i couldnt help myself...
    • Like x 1
  14. JessTier New Player

LMAO love it, haven't seen that in years!

Also thanks for the info... I thought I'd noticed the damage bump.... At least I now I'm not going crazy now... but yeh... Still like to see the other stuff too :p
    • Like x 1
  15. Clutch_GT New Player

If you use AS tanking JH is your timer with a 10 second cooldown your tank buff lasts 12 seconds you have leeway especially when you can AS more and prolong the 12 buff. As for gShield honestly I'm fine with the way it is my only gripe with it is the hand clap animation at the final AS it's just so slow reminds me of res gale from ice.
  16. TDSK Committed Player

So now that Electric and HL have gotten some of their Update Notes, will Earth be getting ours today, or will it be kept secret until it's announced for Test Server?
  17. Teflon Well-Known Player

The changes for Electricity are very exciting. Can't wait to see what they do to Earth.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol right away one of the guys on the bar light page asked why they had to wait til gu38 for the next round of updates ...... Smh

Edit love the electric changes gives me much hope they have something special intended for earth since once again we wait!!!!!!!!! Anticipation is killing me
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll have your changes up on PC Test very soon. To keep discussion consolidated (and you in suspense for as long as possible), we're going to wait for that and the feedback thread.
    • Like x 18
  20. TDSK Committed Player

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the update mepps!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.