Work In Progress: Earth Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conno23 New Player

I know it is weird, but I was actually a little disappointed when earth got a self heal. Im sure it was unavoidable for balance sake, but the concept for Earth power survivability is erosion. Taking extremely small ammounts of damage, but constantly and irreversably. Without the ability to heal oneself, the tank will eventually die, but they are supposed to just last so long that it would not be an issue.

Again, i understand that this concept is apparently not powerful enough, at least many agree that it isnt. But i was not excited about the self heal built into the set with soothing sands. I love every other change, including soothing sands as a breakout.

And i still think that debris field and epicenter need a power cost reduction, or an addition of effects to make them worth it
    • Like x 3
  2. Dogico Loyal Player

It's like the diary of a mad man haha. It's cool though, I can feel your passion for Earth.

Best way to stay alive during no heal runs is through immunities, not powers. We probably have the hardest time in no heal runs but still definitely manageable.
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

The only way I see of getting the tank earth with current powers survive without healing powers would be if the jackhammer worked together with the pet brick!
    This would give enough to absorb Tank to survive all the hordes of enemies even without a healer!;)
  4. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

GU 37 NEWS STREAMING NOW ON TWITCH NOW GO!
  5. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Well saw the live stream gu37 is tomorrow. No earth changes, I guess we are done here. End thread
  6. RemyRockstar New Player

Well just got done watching the live stream and just like we all thought there's nothing added.

The live stream was basically Spytle going through basic Earth loadouts that we all know already.

They seemed more excited to let us know about marketplace amenities being added to the GU tomorrow lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. PhantomVision New Player

I thought these creatures were going to summon Captain Planet at 2:35. lol :confused:
  8. Rox New Player

Let's pack up boys we lost this war. GU37 tomorrow.
  9. SnakeEyes606 New Player

it really is the diary of a mad man no joke lol. That's how I've treated it anyways, it was all questions to the devs and ideas poor grammer and bad punctuation but I just write as I brainstorm and don't take the time to go back and edit or it would look better...lol But one thing conner that bothers me and I know u don't maybe mean it or have a reasoning for it. its just something that bothered u because u are of the camp that thinks that earth should feel like its under constant erosion. With your health bar starting out and just constantly taking red numbers till you die. albeit maybe slow death if blocking. But just the word erosion is weak to me. I preffer to think of earth as a pressurized diamond which is the hardest substance, harder than ice for sure. Where carbon molicules n coal are crushed(earth power word) until it forms the hardest substance. But I never ever get anybody that thinks the way I do so maybe I should just think of earth as a piece of land that just got rocked by a hurricane allday everyday with no fema instead of dreaming of it being the hardest substance that comes from the earth. but for me as a tank whos played earth with zero break outs and my breakout on rage and fire heals me and breaks out. They prolly won't make ice shatter restraints heal u althouht tthey should to make it all equal...but man that would make ice just beastly if they did that so idk if they would or not. Both rage and fires aoe pull heals for over 1500 too so I would like to see epicenter give a heal but I mean I'm really getting outta peoples comfort zones on those kinda thoughts, the totem small hot or hand mod activation 4 times on gemstones aftershocks was as bout as good and realistic as I could come up with for heals. At first all my ideas were tailored for absorbtion to 100% but it got tons of negative op feedbacks so I changed It all for small heals that like you get hit for 6k and maybe u heal back 1k over time type of thing so it was still below the others, I reserved my ideas that would make earth better than ice and rage cuz it would blow minds lol. it just seems to bother me that people don't want it to be great. How can u dislike being stronger an able to break free when your controlled for the FIRST time as an earth tank n being able to heal yourself? It like blows my mind and I have a really hard time understanding that kinda mentality, but then again all I do is tank I don't dps or anything so maybe if I wasn't always thinking survive survive everybodys dead I have to to survive control your block break snake time your shield heal and cola so its not wasted at same time as the sidekick an telling myself not to use my supply drop til I see if my sidekick gives me that last heal I need to get back on my feet for the cola and shield to be back off cooldown again. I love earth an all I just know its flaws and don't make myself blind to it cuz I can see it first hand when I log onto my other toons. I totally used to stick up for earth tho and thought it was good until I played fire and rage and it just lacks serverly if your not blocking and in the powers abilities and tank buff. Its easy for them to leave it all alone and not touch earth if everybody is happy with it and has never noticed all the little things that isn't the same as the other tanks and idk the dps problems but I'm sure there was a ton with the tree layout and stuff, then they don't have to do much work to it at all and we will sit back and watch electricity be turned from a terrible healer to prolly a pretty good one after its update and dps. I just think that all the things that works from all the tanks outta be what sticks and stays and get rid of useless powers and stuff like localized tremor and relplace them with something that helps u survive longer. people might not be thinking like me now but give it another month and gu38 and everybodys gonna be on their surving tank mentality like me with survivial mode.
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

Bummer.

It was an honor serving with you gentlemen.
    • Like x 2
  11. TrueOlympus New Player

You am willing to bet money that your feedback would have been way more creditable if you put paragraphs and spaces in that giant massive wall of text
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

It was an honour fighting with you all .
    • Like x 2
  13. SnakeEyes606 New Player

u can't use jackhammer without a healer in t6 right now because you can't mitigate enough damage to stay live if you did jackhammer 3 times u would take crazy damage especially if you had the three staff guys knocking u down from countering the precision with all the adds one is always blocking. The only way to do it is brick and ds and just pop personal dampnenfield and then after its over pheromone bloom clipping gemstone shield for two burst heals and prevention of damage for long enough while in block that the pheromones heals u back to full while your team kills whats on u....on rage, ice, and fire I go through and just straight up fight everybody and rarely block even on fire, its pretty amazing in alerts and duos still sorta struggles in raids til your overgeared tho on fire but, I always enjoyed it. on earth I just block and pop cola and supply drop on the others I fight and can use powers and break free of control effects and the rest the team. On ice I can use winter ward and shield the whole alert group from damage and reflect damage back to their attackers.
  14. SnakeEyes606 New Player

sorry bout tha paragraphs I'm gonna try to start spacing stuff out I just feel like it would be way too long so I just leave it all condensed. But I understand it would look better and be easier to read. I'm gonna try it, I'm too late anyways tho lol
    • Like x 1
  15. SnakeEyes606 New Player

Was there anything new in the twitch thing, I think I missed it?
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The Earth updates will be live tomorrow with Game Update 37.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.