A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Killuminati New Player

Let's forget WM for a moment, I wanna know what's the preferred weapon for range dps PVE for now, Rifle tap, or HB solar Flare?
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I use HB
    • Like x 1
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

its ok, it hits hard but rite now theres a delay from when the solar flame animation ends to the time the damage hits your target so it makes it take just a little longer than it should. It seems to be the only WM combo that has a delay like that and HB's are def not like that on live so i really hope they fix it.

I've said a few things about it but you know how it goes on here, if your not part of the i suck up to the devs and agree with everything they say group your voice never gets heard...
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

Which powers blow up encasments?
  5. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Psychic Resonance, Pyrokinesis & Telekinetic Bolt. Terror Tendrils will just break them.
    • Like x 1
  6. Killuminati New Player

So is Mass Terror really getting more dots, and a few of the animations getting sped up after this next update?
  7. Caleus New Player

Yep seems like it.

Someone posted a couple posts back their combat log and it had Mass Terror on there 7 times.

Edit: Here's the pic, credit goes to Anhur for posting this originally.

[IMG]
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Seems like most powers are getting sped up by fractions of a second, you might not notice it all that much, but over the course of a raid the .2-.3 seconds getting shaved off each power will add up
  9. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

Hey I'm having issues with hard stuns in PvP. What weapons are you guys using and is it better to be ranged now because of all the consumable stuns? This is in reference to the controller role btw.
    • Like x 1
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I use MA because im most comfortable with it...Ill stand back and Shuriken throw all day

I always try to stay pretty far away for what you said about those consumables...They'll stun you and are a free 700-1000 shot if someones using Experts, so I try to avoid having to go up close and personal

The only time I really go melee is if a healer tries to run to keep in range, otherwise, I hang back if possible
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Heres a little something i've been liking on test. Not the secret i was talking about but still real good lol

• Like x 5
  12. TheMarvel New Player

Nice. 1H/Solar Flame was what I have been thinking.
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea it seems to be the best all around weapon to use. Its great for range and melee.
  14. Killuminati New Player

Just curious if anyone on Test can answer this for me... WM better with spec'ING Precision or Might?
  15. Enjoi Well-Known Player

As a new Mental player, are there any videos online of a solid DPS/Troll loadout? so I can watch when to clip and aspects of playing as mental?

thank you in advance
  16. Caleus New Player

The one clip that should be near instant is Mass Terror clipped with Menace, everything else I terms of clipping is preference and isn't really needed. And if you look a few pages back you'll find videos on Mental DPS or Troll.
    • Like x 1
  17. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

Search "the mighty hornet" on YouTube. He has a loadout video that's pretty similar to what I use. Preference really is the word though. My channel is in my sig. I have a loadout vid there too.
  18. MentosTroll Loyal Player

DPS
    MassTerr-Thought-Pyro-PsyShock-Terrorize-Menace

Solar Flame -> MassTerror(clip)Menace to start every thing.
    SolarFlame ->Thought
    SolarFlame ->Pyro
    SolarFlame -> Shock OR Terrorize when under 35%
    Rinse and repeat
    TLDR: Solar flame before everything lol

Troll
    Tendrils-PhanFlames-Menace-Grandeur-Bastion-PsyEmpower
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Id post videos, but in a week, it will be completely different

I run what Mentos said above for now, but will adjust based on the changes in GU36/Amazon Fury
  20. Enjoi Well-Known Player

thanks Greenman_x. I checked out your loadout and watched parts of the raid. ill def check it out tomorrow night when im on.