My Official Apology To Premium DLC Owners / Our Next Move

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PhoenixTanker, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[/quote]

It sounds like your beef is with advertising in general.
  2. Green Lantern New Player

Ah. I figured this was coming when there were those really long threads and the green names ignored them.

I won't sub because I have to. (And I'm not buying escrow every time I need to buy a piece of gear) I was Legendary for over a year and I dropped it because it wasn't worth the money to me. Completely real talk, but if this is legit I'm just going to delete the game from my systems and forget about it. I did it when Beta ended and didn't even know the game was still alive until they started emailing me asking me to come back F2P.
  3. Darksilver320 New Player

Nope, It's that way in any business that sells a product. They find ways to bring the consumer in, get their money, and then rinse repeat in as many ways that they can and really.. all we can do as consumers at that point is "MOOOOOOOO" and then press on to the next big thing. With gamers it's no different and in reality it's much worse because what we look for is the next big shiny thing to buy and play with and we have to have this, that, those, these to make the gaming experience that much better for us. We point our fingers at the companies and say they are greedy but on the opposite side of the spectrum we feed into it and become greedy in our own right and put ourselves in position to get jobbed really.

They have plenty of games already in line, all they are waiting for is the the masses to go "WHAT'S NEXT?!?!" and you can hear the evil chuckles going "GOTCHA"
  4. Bast10n Committed Player

Say the Devs change the price point. Say going forward all Tier Gear if frozen at 2,000.

What happens when a premium can no longer keep up with the repair demands? What happens when the cost of R&D get a Point that a Legendary doesn't want to front the Premium (already 30,000 in T6)? What happenes when Soders are over the cash cap?

What happens then? We are right back to where we are now. Going forward, there will always be something...
    • Like x 1
  5. Zuse Loyal Player

as a 3+ year old prem player that spent 300$+ and a big supporter to the things that the devs do even the things that might hurt us premiums i have to say im heart-broken
    • Like x 2
  6. Feenicks New Player

Earlier in this thread someone was dissing lifetime. I don't remember exactly where. Just finished reading this entire thread and my eyes hate me for that. Anyways....

I'm a lifetime player. I subbed for the first 4 months of this game. My girlfriend and I debated lifetime but we had serious qualms about it. What if the game dies in a year? What if another hack happens and it kills the game? What if there weren't enough DC fans out there to carry this game? Those are just a few of the questions and doubts we had while debating a lifetime sub. For a game this new the price seemed a little steep.

After much debate we decided to take that leap of faith with our teeth gritted serious. Well? It paid off! We took a leap many balked at.

We still spend money, but dissing a lifetime? Come on! We braved the risk. We won!
    • Like x 3
  7. Green Lantern New Player

That's where I'm going to go as soon as they confirm this. In my case this seems like a perfect time anyway with all the changes they're doing to my powerset and forcing me to play a totally different way. I'm pretty much at a place where I'm happy with my SP and CR and there's really nothing I can look back on and wish I finished or accomplished. Truth be told it won't break my heart, it'll seem more like a mutual split. /shrug
  8. jessiejames4211 New Player

lmao this again:rolleyes: the point is you invested so much time into yur character you wont wanna leave them behind
  9. mzk3905 New Player

I am premium and have been since I started playing. I have bought every dlc, three power respec tokens and even some weapon style packs. If the gear prices for the new T6 is going to be over 2000 then I will have to stop playing. Some of you may tell me to just buy escrow or become legendary but I only play on the weekends and this would become a waste of money for me. I know I am not the only one out there in this situation and if the gear prices are not purchasable without escrow then I am simply going to have to stop playing this game. You guys have no idea how much I love this game as I have been playing it non-stop every weekend I get for over a year now and it will be a sad day when I cannot play it any more.
  10. Green Lantern New Player

As long as there's a workaround (excluding MP purchases) that's fine. In my case, my wife is Legendary and I'm Premium. We pool our real money so she buys me all the interfaces/enhancers/soders I need to repair. We don't all need people to front us stuff.
  11. vllmwsh New Player

Affording a subscription/becoming legendary is not an issue be it my own choice to do so

the problem arises if I have to do so by force just so I can afford gear for my character

this price increase is putting a choke-hold on my char development

it is already bad enough that when I first bought my dlc they have it tied to my account and not able to be downloaded to my hard drive. so when my brother wanted to play as well I had repurchase all the content again...which was a drag
  12. Darksilver320 New Player

It sounds like your beef is with advertising in general.[/quote]

Just calling it like I see it, did I bash the game? No. I just said it didn't live up to its original hype. I still like playing it, and that is why I pay my sub and as such feel the same way, you chose your path you walk that path, you deal with the consequences as such.
  13. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Wouldn't say "won" but the gamble defiantly paid off. ^.^

As for lifetime members not putting money into the game anymore...do not dare to presume to know my life or how I chose to spend my money. You don't.
    • Like x 1
  14. Darksilver320 New Player

If they had given that option for ps3/4 customers I'd have taken that easily. No doubt about it.
    • Like x 2
  15. Feenicks New Player

We took a gamble and it paid off. That's a win to me. :)
    • Like x 2
  16. Feenicks New Player

I feel for you. But those dissing on lifetime subscribers are misplacing thier ire.
    • Like x 2
  17. Darksilver320 New Player

I'm not saying you are wrong or they are wrong. It's how they feel, that's their choice, but to be honest, it's cool it worked out well for you.
    • Like x 1
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Looking forward to dancing with you again, when the **** hits the fan in a few weeks, Sir :) I saw you in another thread making a pass at me, trying to get me to dance with you, but I didn't bite :p
  19. crownclownking New Player

soe all acces pass increase the premium cash cap cause it wont matter if ppl unsub from dcuo
  20. crownclownking New Player

lol but no seriously they should just increase the cash cap to at least 3k i mean escrow doesnt really sell. They tried with hometurf dlc it didnt work
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.