My Official Apology To Premium DLC Owners / Our Next Move

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PhoenixTanker, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

So for three years you claim you know you're being ripped off, but yet you keep coming back......
    • Like x 3
  2. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It wouldn't be bad if players could save up on marks and then buy an escrow withdraw. The only problem with that is elitism, people wouldn't be able to run anything. I feel as a Legendary subscriber this will kill Premiums :(
  3. Darksilver320 New Player

Sorry where did I say I was being ripped off?
    • Like x 1
  4. DaLucky7 New Player

Doesn't that seem *** backwards and wrong? Its disgusting to read that, doesn't that leave a gross taste in your mouth to say? Its sad and disgusting but so true. And I guess your right about paying sony, I mean the devs probably don't even see the money they're making out of us, just being told to suck out as much as they can until the games dead, then they'll go make another game and do the same. I bet you they already have another in the making.
  5. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Greener pastures around the corner. 420 yay!!
    • Like x 1
  6. jr1nc Dedicated Player

but more then likely you will be back! if all goes well! look if im not playing DCUO, im playing something else ! I Love this game and in my honest opinion if i left... im coming back for the same reasons as you! but we are still here on the forums discussing these issues! look im not knocking you... this is just a game ! and i support it 100% even if it does not go my way! ill see you around Brice!
  7. DaLucky7 New Player

Dude, it's not being ripped off if you like the product you are paying for. For 3 years most of us have liked what we were paying for. Now if we spend any money it feels like we're getting ripped off. I have no regrets for the 2 past years I paid for this game. I'm regretting that I have another 2 months of legendary that will not get used because they will only release dlc 10 (a crap shoot) during that time.
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[quote="Darksilver320, post: 2459224, member: 312326"
    Hate to break it to you, we haven't gotten what we were promised from Day 1 this game came out. SO it shouldn't be a surprise, yet here we all are still playing.

Unfortunately we are not paying the devs, We are paying Sony. Secondly, Their job is to support the game, not the players. We are but financial cattle. They feed us (via content), they milk us dry (via cash), rinse repeat. How it gets done they leave up to us. We can either continue the process or move to greener pastures][/quote]

First quote, you imply a dishonesty.

Second quote, you imply that you're paying for a product you don't receive.

Do you say it directly? No, you don't. You do however by insinuation and suggestion lead the reader to believe that game developers do not have the customer's best interests at heart.
    • Like x 2
  9. Brice Allen Loyal Player

hehe...Highly doubtful unless Wildstar fumbles the ball badly (like they'd have to fumble it SOE style) for me to come back xD.
  10. vllmwsh New Player

as a person who has bought every DLC, future harley quin, and future batman twice I want to use all my DLC I've paid for I want an unlimited cash cap...give sub guys something else as an exclusive

I want to subscribe by choice not by force and that is what this price increase is doing...
  11. DaLucky7 New Player

Prime example here..
    There could at least be a teir system depending on how much money you have spent
    $5 = generic benefits
    $20 = higher cash cap
    $40 = prom keys
    $80 = vault everyday
    (These are obviously really bad examples and will def have to be changed, but you get my point)

That way you feel like you get more for spending more, and it would balance the problem with prem vs leg
  12. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Wait, so currently on the test server the price for gear is over the wallet cap ?!?!? If only someone else had already made a thread on the subject... :rolleyes:

We get it guys, the gear cost is over the wallet cap. The developers have acknowledged they're discussing it, save the rage till we see their decision.
    • Like x 1
  13. jr1nc Dedicated Player

well it would be nice to see you around! because just like me i feel this community needs people like you and me! (ugh wildstar lol) well good luck man
  14. Darksilver320 New Player

First quote, you imply a dishonesty.

LOL ok, let me be a bit more specific. Since Day 1 things were supposed to be out there and were not. If you were here from Day one you know what I am referring to such as the open world battles and such which came later and were nothing like what were described, I won't say they were dishonest, but I will say they never measured up to everything they hyped up.

Second quote, you imply that you're paying for a product you don't receive.

And in the second quote you are reading into it a bit much, but let me clarify it a bit more...The Devs have our best interest at heart TO A POINT, yes they want to give us a fun game that is their JOB/CAREER but we don't pay them directly we pay sony. At the end of the day, the devs don't always have final say let's keep that in mind. Now, do I feel I have been ripped off? No. I get out of the game what I want. SO I pay my sub to continue to do so until a game comes along and offers me more.

Do you say it directly? No, you don't. You do however by insinuation and suggestion lead the reader to believe that game developers do not have the customer's best interests at heart.

So to be clear, unless I say.. I've been ripped off..don't assume. Maybe you took it that way, but no it wasn't insinuated. When I feel like Im not getting my money's worth, trust me, I'll make it crystal clear.

[/quote]
  15. jr1nc Dedicated Player

you have the choice..... and its not by force! i choose legendary... and you choose premium ?
  16. Green Lantern New Player

What's goin on? Is the gear above 2K? If so, I'll be hanging the cape up for good.
  17. Brice Allen Loyal Player

3 pieces will cost a player $2,300 each.
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I can see why premium player are upset by this, but I also understand the argument that they have access to buy escrow. So with that in mind I have maybe a possible solution. What if, with the purchase of this particular DLC, players will get a 1000 boost in held cash only inside the DLC content where you buy the gear. Like for that vendor only. Once you leave the area, it drops back down.

That way players will still be able to play their way, buy it won't effect anything else.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ionthas Well-Known Player

To all those "wait and see what they do" folks, you may be overlooking something.
    This is intentional. They knew what they were doing when they set these prices. Even if they change the prices, are these the kind of devs you want to support going forward? As others have mentioned, this is only going to get worse in future content.
    If you are serious about leaving over this, then you should have already left. I just deleted it off my ps4. That's the statement you need to make.
  20. Black House New Player

While I am not a fan of the tenor of the orginal post, I am broadly in agreement wth the idea that pricing premium players out of gear that they have paid for is a very bad idea.

I have said many times that premiums do not NEED a cash cap increse they WANT a cash cap increase, this move however removes that very important distinction and I add my voice to the calls for a re-think on the developers part.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.