Work In Progress: Earth Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

anyway ....
    Devs u already Nerff the game to the button ...and all the topic of HL,elec,earth get to far.... until now the power still waste of money SO do me favor and all the changes that need to be done with the power NEED to be done NOW
    Easy- earth need more DMG on all super power , more prec super power , lass cost of power....
  2. ORBIT New Player

a little easier to explain in a video, so heres my thoughts on a few improvements
    • Like x 7
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

You sir are a mind reader. Except I was thinking just put earthen over the Flail. We are supposed to make constructs too but Shards, golems, totem, T-break, and Reinforce are the only constructs we have. Retexturing the Flail to be made of rock instead of red energy would be something cool. Make it do damage extra damage to crushed enemies and then striking stones apply crushing. A lot more people would play earth if they had something as badass as a rock morning star of death as a final tier power.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lacedog Loyal Player

i really need them to add more to earth. i know they dont want to do anything really with animations, but ranged options have to be added to earth. improvements have to happen to powers already in game. and of course something as cool as a rock morning star of death needs to come to earth.
    • Like x 1
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think a reskin is within means. It won't take up more memory since they would be replacing the rock with that. I think we should spam spords PM with this idea lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

i mean seriously, who would not want this!?
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

another common power/earth has a weaker version comparison - backdraft/without mercy/epicenter

the first two knock down enemies. they also heal you, one with a pi the other without one. epicenter just pulls enemies into you. they all cost the same amount of power, yet the first 2 do way more bang for your buck.
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It should be after shockable and cause the enemies to be trapped in place and as a side effect it applies 50% absorption.
  9. Lacedog Loyal Player

if it gave 50% absorption, the cooldown would have to be lengthened. i do not want that at all. i had a suggestion a few posts ago to make more powers aftershockable, but not provide the 50% absorption for that very reason.
  10. iDjango Active Player

Make the aftershock mechanic work better then what it is now, when I was earth I couldn't tell whether I was ignoring 50%+damage or not. When earth tanking, I don't care what people say about earth tanking being fine, its not, in fact 50% damage absorption is not enough and shout be increased to a good 60-75% to be balanced with the other 3 tanking powers, lets face it 50% isn't enough, sorry but that's a fact. Make visual effects to where when we after shock, rock armor comes onto our characters body and then flake off for the 12 second duration of after shocking so I know when to reapply the after shocking affect when I'm doing a straight after shock load out for tanking. Make totems animation extremely faster and make it scale with the tanks restoration so that it can put out better heals to our pets and imo it should heal us for small ticks. I don't care what people say about brick being over powered, he's not, in fact he is very squishy and needs to be made tougher in PvE then sorceries pet guardian aka brick 2.0. (I call him brick 2.0 because not only is he just tougher but he's harder to kill, he scales with the users restoration and can easily be healed back up, grounds enemies like brick and actually pulls agro/taunts enemies when the users health drops below 50% faster then brick and even looks more like a brick then the actual brick itself!). Make gemstone shield an actual tank move with its own tool tip and what it does extra while in tank stance and make it scale with Dom so that it last longer like an actual shield and doesn't get one shotted off so easily. Make it as if it were ices reflection or bitter winds, possibly like shatter restraints as well. Reduce unstoppables cool down and have it give control resistance and immunities to up to seven people within the party instead of four, cause crystal and unstoppable aren't cutting it at all. Make damage shifts affects wear off after a certain amount of time so I know when to reapply it, perhaps another yet different type of rock armor would be a nice visual affect where the armor comes on and flakes off over time until its gone and then I know when I can reapply it again, thus saving me power and wasting my time guessing when I need to reapply it when I'm running a pet tanking load out. Make reinforce, (if you make the absorption of damage a lot better then what it is now), protect up to four people with the least amount of health within the party instead of just that one person with the lowest health and make it split damage to me and my pet. Just like y'all did natures animal form change with wolf and insectoid , make brick and crystal into one power set to spec into and make a new power for earth and that the new power benefits both earth dpsing and earth tanking. Make jackhammer vulnerable to interrupt after its been hit three times to avoid the blocking adds in PvE. As far as earth dpsing, imo increase the damage and animations on all earth moves. Hopefully you devs read this and can balance this power and make it work to its full potential, especially the tanking side because Ice, Rage and even Fire>Earth. That is all.
  11. GodNema Well-Known Player

Earth needs another cleanse, every other tank power has two except for earth.
  12. Artifice New Player

My main issue is rumble crush, animation takes way to long, and the damage is ridiculously low.
  13. Proto1118 Committed Player

Epicenter needs to do damage over time also.
    Plus it seems with GU36 Earth is getting nerfed even more with longer animations or "dovetails" with a few move, mainly Jackhammer.
  14. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

great idea i hope they will listen to us...
    only one more think that earth power also missing is breakout power ( all tank power have it.. )
    only earth cant get up with it.. ( he can get up from stun but not from floor )
  15. WizardSaint New Player

16. GuardianE New Player

I would first like to say some very GREAT suggestions! However, it isn't about RAGE/ICE/FIRE or EARTH being greater than one another it really depends on the user using them. Earth right now hands down using BRICK or AFTERSHOCKS is just as good as all the tanking power-sets. Earth is not easy, it takes time to understand and find a load-out that works for you but when you do it is actually very powerful. I TRULY hope the DEVS do not go overboard and take all the fun out of EARTH Tanking. After reading all the suggestions I would like to see some of these things happen like "ORBITS" damage absorption notification, jackhammer vulnerability to block and bricks make-over. But if people want it to be easy I think they should look into ICE :)

Suggestion being please please please don't go overboard, Keep Earth tanking unique and challenging with the high reward, Thank you!
  17. Toxiic Committed Player

I think everyone can agree with this.

Rumblecrush = Life Element (You know that thing that was supposed to be like a healing barrel Sorcery had.. Yah that)
  18. Dogico Loyal Player

One thing I would like to see them do is after they add more aftershock powers (they'll add at least one) is to increase the cooldowns slightly if one is in tank role. It works for Rage tanking/dps and I believe it would work for Earth as well since both powers rely on combo abilities for optimal tanking.

Also +1 on the Atrocitus mace slam for Rumblecrush, that would be badass.
    • Like x 1
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I wonder how long it will be til we get some type of rebalancing I completely understand it won't be gu 36 but from what it sounds like HL is getting theirs pretty fast almost seems like they are hinting by the time dlc10 comes out HL is gonna get fixes ... I sure hope earth gets some as well or that will be pretty disappointing but I won't exactly be surprised
  20. iDjango Active Player

@GuardianE-I completely agree with you on some cases, I say for the most part, keep the mechanic as to how to apply the damage absorption through after shocking and make brick a heck of a lot tougher then what it is if you're going with the pet load out and such because that's the unique thing about earth tanking, but lets face it, the other 3 tank powers have mechanics that work well all around. Ice has shields and higher defense buff, fire has higher HP buff and makes itself easier to heal back up for the healers, rage has its ability to heal back what it took for 8 seconds and has to stop its rage crashing and the ability to where the more adds it pulls the higher it can increase its HP over all based on the Dom. These three have mechanics that help it work well in large crowds of adds with the option to block (when needed) and move around freely if needed to grab agro or refresh its effects, reposition themselves to help the group out (fire being the lowest one of these three but still has that option). Now you look at earth, ok cool 50% damage absorption problem is its not enough especially at the start of every new content and even when maxed out too. Back to what I was saying, most adds in top content raids hit 1-5k tops, if I'm getting hit by 5-7 adds and they're all hitting me in between 1-5k at a fast rate, there's no way in hades that I'm going to survive all because I hit jackhammer 3x and block or even get time to reapply my aftershocks. All in all something's got to be done so that earth can have that same option the other 3 tank powers have as far as moving around better to reposition themselves, grab extra adds if some spawn from another side of the map, etc, cause you cant stand in the same spot all the time and I think its stupid that earth(and in very little cases fire) is heavily depended upon blocking 24/7 and that if you let go of block you're pretty much dead, While the other three tank powers can do what they want when they want while tanking. My solution is to make where like rages mechanic, the more adds surround you, the higher the damage absorption (starting at 50%) will keep increasing each time you go to reapply the aftershocks and when you go to reapply damage shift for the pet load out to a certain extent, I wont say up to 100% damage absorption cause that means you're taking no damage. I just want earth tanking to be on par with Ice, rage, and fire.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.