Update 36 Bizarro DCUO Can we please stop the backward logic and hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EXINGTON, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darksilver320 New Player

I remember starting this game on my ps3 when it first came out. The first thing I liked was it was a chance to be either a superhero or a super villain in the DC universe and building that character into something special in your own world.

Let's look back a bit though...and I am only commenting on the ps side of the game.. but when they merged all the servers together .. some people posted back then this was wrong and bad for the game.. some thought it was great...but we had those doom sayers PITCHFORKS ... TORCHES... BURN IT DOWN!!

Then we move along the timeline and pvp mechanics were melted into the pve system. .... Man did this create a friggin storm back then ... OMG THE SKY IS FALLING... PITCHFORKS...TORCHES...MALATOV COCKTAILS... BURN BURN BURN IT DOWN!!...

Now here we are..Weapon Mastery..GU 36 and here we are again...If this changes people will leave and never come back ... the devs are ruinging the game.... Look I understand, some, maybe even alot of you are against it... but I'll be honest if this means that "Top tier" leagues leave the game, peace. Enjoy your leave, bon voyage, however you want to say goodbye to the game so be it.
    I play this game to continuously challenge myself with ever change the devs create to not only be a good player, but to continuously stand above what the norm is even if that means I have to change my approach to fit into the gaming challenge that the devs create and that includes this update.

It's not your cup of tea, cool I respect that. However anyone claiming to be a gamer knows that gaming is an ever changing process, their are likes and silikes in the production and updating of any game, but the part that makes you stand out is how you evolve with the changes and how you stand above or stand out beyond it all. Yeah not every change is popular if eveerything was done the way everyone wanted it, the game would be boring and nothing to talk about.

So, people leave, it happens. I won't stand here and say they are wrong, because its about what they like and dislike...but I will say this... with every change comes a new generation of "top tier" leagues. So if these changes make some folks leave, good luck to you in the future and welcome to the new gen.
    • Like x 6
  2. The Johnny army New Player

What you are posting here is pretty much spot on. I have no idea if the "mother league" gets jumped in EUPC, but if that happens because of all the hype around you guys, it's ridiculous. Spytle himself has explained why he likes the lot of you, you actually put effort into trying things out and commenting on it, if even 1/1000 of the player base did that, it would become a key resource for the future of the game. And the fact that the EU league takes the time to make some tutorial videos for the community... Thumbs up.

It's always much easier to rant and complain things are going to change. There are already lanterns taking the time to come up with something new in the Test server. I look at those guys and see someone that really enjoys the power and how it works. Then there's the pseudo-elite players, who will switch powers and weapons on the spot if they get beaten in whatever standard they grab on to to consider themselves elite. And if everything else fails and they fall short... RAGE QUIT!
    • Like x 5
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I had the exact same thought. Looks like I'm going to be on the right side of history ^.^
    • Like x 6
  4. mgullion New Player

That might be my favorite internet post of the year so far. Well done on the video.
  5. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Does that mean we're getting unicorn trinkets!!!? :)
    • Like x 3
  6. Mary Bliss Committed Player

Yeah it's easy to complain and it's also easy to not listen to commen sense.

The problems I had with the game in 2011 are all still here in 2014 with whatever odyssey have spent their time on.
    And I am pretty sure they are equally helpless facing the combat nerf.

Whatever time people are willing to put in for internet prestige is what it is, of course you can always compliment commitment or loyalty.
  7. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

You know the video was satire, right? As in, making fun of the people reacting like that.
    • Like x 8
  8. Forsberg New Player

When I think comedy gold, I think of the Fuhrer too. I love all of his work.

I understand the intent of the video but that man is not something to LOL about.

Thanks, The Jewish guy that plays.
    • Like x 3
  9. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I am seriously in tears here at work from watching that video.... That was hillarious....
  10. Igote New Player

We need a great dlc, and remove the GU36
    In the wow, the blizzard make a news expansion(2~2 years)
    And the expansions comes with New Raids, Dungeons, World, Skills, Class...

In DCUO we get or 1~2 Alerts, 1 Raid and new Tier Gear.
    Soe need a make a great dlc, because this lasts dlcs no hold the players.
    I'm sad because the new dlc no have raid and have T6.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Then why aren't you playing wow?
    • Like x 4
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

We also get more updates more often. :rolleyes:

And, we've known for so long that this particular dlc wasn't going to have any large group content, only small group. But there is hope! Every dlc after this one will have at least one raid. Yay! ^.^
    • Like x 2
  13. Zernam New Player

Really what this all comes down to is an aversion to change. I see a combat system where the delta between good* and extreme dps is so skewed that balancing combat and stats going forward requires this rework. (* By good I mean enough to beat the content) The argument can go back and forth that people left because they couldn't be extreme or that they will leave because they are slowing things down with no end.

Ultimately the system will be changing - hopefully for the better. The very nature of any MMO or game that constantly needs to create expansions to stay fresh is Change. Balance of every last detail is impossible, but getting is to a point of having a handle on the environment they need to build around should be understandable to all.
    • Like x 3
  14. Ogat New Player

You always get it :) So refreshing to read Your posts.
    • Like x 2
  15. Breakforce Loyal Player

When the first caveman
    Was told he had to wear pants.
    Cried on the forums
    • Like x 7
  16. J Zmooth New Player

If you haven't, everyone just take a second and go watch the video again. DCUO Video of the Month.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ogat New Player

Expressed his displeasure on the cavewall you mean? What I find apalling is why in the world should, somebody accept changes he finds borderline stupid it's like.. if My boss suddenly decided to pay me with bananas, and would act suprised that I don't like this change. This has nothing to do with adaptability lol, it's more like " How much more crap are we supposed to take". You're good at this game, they call you an elitist, glitcher,loopholer, tell you your opinion doesn't matter, that You have no right to voice it, your intentions are inseincere and basically you're the scum and cancer for this community. We've been getting crap from the poor surpressed casuals for months...
    • Like x 1
  18. Flightboy New Player

Firstly, I agree with you OP.

I have not posted much lately because of my disgust with the majority of the community and the devs direction of the game.

I do not support this GU or the upcoming DLC. I am not going to voice the better direction the devs could of went as I had in past threads about balancing the powers. Will I quit. No. I've invested way too much time and money into it to just quit. I will however, be entertaining myself with the upcoming titles on the PS4.

I whole heartly agree that an abundance of newer players have come to the DC world and unfortunately didn't have the patience to learn, knowledge of the game, league of vets, and a lot longer list of things they lacked to help them compete with the vets.

That being said, the NERF hammer has been cried for A LOT more often than in the past. I find it hilarious that a lot of people saying "adapt" are the same people who cried about OC being oh so hard.

Bottom line, the direction IMHO is going to steer many long term vets into not playing as often resulting in the game having new vets who want the game to continue in easy mode... Not a very positive direction.
    • Like x 2
  19. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

And this is why the world has to be so "politically correct". Being politically correct about everything drags the country/world down. People are going to say, create, do so many things that someone is gonna find "offensive" no matter how "politically correct" we try and be. Give up on this crusade and just have a laugh with the rest of the world, as it obviously wasn't meant to offend anyone.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mad9 New Player

If you read below the first statement, I am also trying to make a valid recommendation.
    It would be in good taste if the proposed change under Game Update 36 occurs alongside power re-balancing and Weapon Mastery instead of pushing it live before any of the other intended changes are likely to be introduced. If the former is the case, then this update will leave certain powers in utter chaos, unbalanced and unviable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.