Update 36 Bizarro DCUO Can we please stop the backward logic and hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EXINGTON, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remander Steadfast Player

This is where you lost me. So, you're saying that anyone who wanted to be a good DPS should only use HL? Gadgets? Do you see how you just pointed back to the original issue that brought this all on? I'm not saying that other options shouldn't have been considered. Heck, I was one of the ones in the WIP thread pushing to preserve the viability of JC as a DPS technique, though I don't really use it myself. I just find it interesting that you are freely admitting powerset imbalance with this statement.
    • Like x 11
  2. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Let me rephrase that then.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_video_games
    I have options if I still want to play video games. This is pretty much the main game I'm currently playing and certainly the only game I sink money into beyond DLC or the purchase price. Drop in the bucket I know.

I have no problems with the buffs they made at all. None. It's a good thing and a step in the right direction.
    Now I do have a problem with the stupid dove tail animation bs. The jump canceling sucks but whatever. Dovetail + Jump cancel making it so you can't counter while it's in effect is just intolerable to me.
  3. Fruity Reaper New Player

This do you dude as that post deserved some quality joker claps?

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. kav Committed Player

I think those who impose that the “elite” should leave coming GU36 due to criticizing an extremely flawed upcoming update should pick their own nose first. I'm talking about the majority who have the same powerset, same skillpoints but not the experience or finesse to inherent a non-youtube-kaiser-copy-paste loadout or tactic and then burst in anger because they simply weren't able to win more than lose, whether PvE or PvP.

This update is, at least from my personal perspective, coming because the so called casual players and copy-paste majority was unable to go beyond a certain point of winning or achieving something. It's also a sad fact that I have seen so many people not simply giving the game and themselves a chance to learn from a loss.

There's no question that there's a lot of powersets either being overpowered or underpowered. Maybe I'm just wrong and the update will bring something beautiful on the table and we'll all laugh how dumb we were doubting that it'll be at any success rate.
    • Like x 2
  5. helvetica New Player

Everyone knows it. They just won't say it because it's an admission they've been using an OP powerset for whatever amount of time.

In the other thread Vinny actual went on about how he hopes they make "balance fixes" to HL to put it back up to where it was after this update. That means he KNOWs HL is OP and he even expects the devs to buff the power to keep it OP. That's a lot of these people's idea of "balance". Keeping the status quo is NOT balance.
    • Like x 2
  6. GodofSorcery New Player

I believe that GU36 will be a challenge for players isn't that what everyone wanted a challenge??
    • Like x 3
  7. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I'm sure u or someone else will find other ways to maximize ur power set... Our community is a crafty bunch.. But keep this in mind.. These adjustments were made put every power on an equal playing field... And I hope it will create individuality in each power set vs the cookie cutter load outs that is the current meta...
    • Like x 2
  8. Star5ky New Player

Challenging content, not changing the mechanics around to something far less entertaining.
    • Like x 2
  9. Spacedude2 New Player

• Like x 1
  10. Breakforce Loyal Player

I would like to see
    A game where you write haikus
    That would be awesome
    • Like x 7
  11. Dreadwolf New Player

First of all. I don't like being dragged into discussions.
    Second. Why should he ask me? Do you assume that I would help spread false rumours?
    Third. Dreadwolf is not my only character. If I log on to Dreadwolf and get asked, the second I log on, if I want to run specific content that I'm already loot locked on, then I log on one of my alts. I'm still very active ingame. As are many other Odyssians.

@ Fruity: No reason to respond to this since you're having a PM conversation with Senilex.
  12. Agent Flores Committed Player

Sounds like your very angry. *hands chill pill* Take it you need it. :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Beautiful post. Just excellent.
    • Like x 1
  14. BLK Well-Known Player

• Like x 2
  15. BLK Well-Known Player

Since your league has biggest voice to the devs besides giggles why dont yall post on here and make threads about what you've all played on test ect..Since they listen to you guys..allot..
  16. SlaverSlav New Player

get it over pls
  17. Fruity Reaper New Player

Yeah lets keep this off the forums now dude :)
  18. Sylo Committed Player

Because doing 1 or 2 weapon moves clipped with the same few powers at a speed where the toon looks like they are standing still is sooooo much more entertaining.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 6
  19. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Yes it is. Population is down a lot.
  20. MCAZR New Player

What I'm not understanding is why there are so many people on these forums expressing such hatred towards the more skilled players who are able to clip quickly and take advantage of things like jump cancelling. I know you play with some of the most talented people in this game, as do I. I'm against the jump cancel nerf and many would label me as an elitist solely because of my opinion. This is a message for those that are so quick to judge someone like me. Our league regularly pugs people and we never have a CR requirement. We try to help people understand their roles and to open their eyes to a much higher level of gaming. Fwiw, I'm the worst dps in my league and not particularly good at jump cancelling but I'll still finish where I normally do in pug groups regardless of whatever combat changes the devs come up with. As much as a scoreboard chaser that I am, that doesn't mean that I'll enjoy these new mechanics.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.