Are the DCUO Devs going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Radioactive Spider, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Statman New Player

And that's my opinion on your posts Dump Truck.
    • Like x 1
  2. Statman New Player

'A lot' can be taken many ways, but in my opinion, we're not visiting 'a lot', but only 'some'. But yeah, that's all subject to opinion of your own expectations and desires, lol.

Hell, this whole thread is based on each person's own expectations and desires. :p I just no longer feel as immersed in the universe I know and love as I once did. Maybe I'm just over expecting these days.
    • Like x 1
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

My last few sentences was one idea that I came up with with regards to prec vs. Might. With balancing powers , ideally every update should have a balance patch but you and I know the Dev team is rather small so that likely won't happen. What would really help is a hiatus on DLC for a larger expansion that will have lengthy beta period like a few months so that the devs can balance powers at the same time and not piecemeal.

What specific topic would you like me to take a stab at?
  4. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

From my standpoint as a used to be primary PvP player I think the game went in the wrong direction starting with immunities and has gotten consistently further off course with every PvP update since with the exception of removing the lockouts, which was a baby step in the right direction. Having to pay rent for mods I only want for PvP by having to do PvE was just another kick in the groin. I went from 2hrs a day PvPing to maybe 15mins a week if even that much.
    • Like x 2
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Heh, I did say 'a lot', didn't I? 'Some' is certainly more accurate. :)

The truth is, I'm right there with you. I'm here for the DC, not the MMO and while some of the DC aspect has gone up in the last two expansions - adding new iconic characters and locations - it's just not on the same scale as what I'm hoping for.

Yes, Metropolis and Gotham are great. But I want to see more! Wayne Manor and Blackgate Prison! Heck, I want to see more of the buildings we have in bottles - and I want to be able to go to the places we can see across the bridges. Nothing will ever be big enough for me. But like you say, that's my own expectation and my own desire and I'm fully cognizant of the fact that my hopes will usually render me disappointed.

I'll never be full … but most of the time, I'm satisfied.
    • Like x 2
  6. Burnt New Player

No assumption at all. Anyone with the slightest bit of sense or reading comprehension an easily see that's what's going on here in the first few paragraphs of this thread:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...mbat-balance-jump-canceling-solutions.194772/
  7. Ch3wtobacco New Player

as long as the current devs are more concerned about changing the game mechanics that the original DEVs put in and less about fixing bugs and createing NEW CONTENT and some descernable storyline..well this game is set up to crash..i think devs are going to change the game the way THEY want it and ive given up on even CHANGEING their minds anymore

watched too many old timers come in when new dlc comes out...tier their armor...then go and play ANOTHER game for 2 months until next dlc comes out...that aint healthy and means they are bored with this games story..if theyre IS ONE

been watching a lot of utube designer chats about up comeing PC and PS mmos and most of them quote DCUO specifically on; "What we are NOT going to do"
    • Like x 2
  8. Radioactive Spider New Player

veterans are not being treated right and the direction we are at currently, has nothing of interest for them. why should one side be left out in favor of the other?
  9. Fruity Reaper New Player

Disagree with that statement as the game is becoming more alt friendly now, what is more aimed at veterans than that?
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

The make or break point for me will be DLC11.
    • Like x 2
  11. Radioactive Spider New Player

having an alt does not interest many 180sp+ players. most veterans are looking for longevity playing on their main characters, the game does not reward you in the long run.
    • Like x 2
  12. Opamp Committed Player

They should be focusing on new players. This game is unique in that it is very simple for an MMO. They made the mistake of making people purchase it originally, killing the player base.
  13. helvetica New Player

You reduced your whole point into... "a gimme a reward or I won't support you Devs."

I'm totally missing my dislike button right now.
  14. Radioactive Spider New Player

After 3+ years, the long standing bug fixes aren't top priority, why? Other MMOs offer fixes and power balancing at a much faster rate, why do we have to wait many many months before u balance or do bug fixes? Seems like priority is in what brings the $$$ and not what keeps customers happy (balance/fixes). Not a direction we should still be going.
    • Like x 1
  15. Radioactive Spider New Player

you must be pleased easily. for you to stand by them from the start and in the end you get nothing? i would not be pleased easily.
  16. Rasta Committed Player

In the end none of us benefit from this game. It's only temporary entertainment. When this game is done, all the time & money spent will go in vein and we'll put our money into something that's equally unimportant
  17. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

18. 478874 Dedicated Player

Totally concur. Given The size of the development team, future moderation in difficulty level, how SOE generally chooses to conduct business, along with replay badges, the supply of new PvE content for end gamers will always effectively constrained. Therefore that coupled with the robust combat system and the unpredictability and adaptability only a human can provide, it seems like a fair and somewhat widely held opinion that true end game in this game is PvP. However, there are far too many barriers to entry for PvP. The barriers to entry for PvP should be minimal, the combat mastery, power synergies, communication et al will serve to create the separation, there is no need for artificial impositions like those you've mentioned. Removing these barriers will only help the long term health of this game because it's the PvP in this game, coupled with MMO aspect, that make it truly unique.
  19. Fruity Reaper New Player

I think you are misusing the word most there my friend, I myself have been playing 2.5+ years and now have 3 villains all with 130+ skill points and all cr96+ that have all completed Nexus/PW/AnB so technically 3 main chars, that would not have happened 6 months ago to someone like me who has a full time job, wife and 2 kids - I am thankful the devs have recognised that most long term, top end players like myself have alts as we like to play all roles (I haven't misused the word most there as every single person I know who has been playing a year or more has at least 1 alt I would posit that you are the exception rather than the rule), throw in armouries to the feat buying and synth mods and now we can.

Alts DO keep the game fresh, perhaps you don't realise this, and now is the time to roll them - my latest is my first ever tank and thankfully he is now bad a$$ enough to tank all the top end raids and give me a completely fresh view of a game I have been playing 2.5+ years, the devs are to thank for the mechanisms that allowed that so I disagree, the game DOES reward you in the long run IF you put in either time or RL cash ;)
    • Like x 2
  20. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

I think this is a problem. They shouldn't be focusing on new players or old, to do that misses the mark completely. They should be focusing on making the game the best comic style mmo that they can. If they do that the players will come. When you do something to lure players those players will leave because there is no reason to stay. When you improve the game more people will play.
    • Like x 1