Work In Progress Work In Progress: Weapon Mastery

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelostczarnian New Player

im guessing the down votes are for missing the point. down votes are a new aspect of forums so we can all expect downvotes for all sorts in the beginning untill/if we develope some sort of spoken/unspoken understanding on down voting etiquette. for now when i get a down vote its meh because it could be for anything really
  2. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

The # 1 thing DC has going is its overall combat features & you want to change it. Make it slower even if it is a 1/4 of a sec you are messing with your bread & butter. Thats like McDonald changing their Big Mac. They won't because they know they have a item everyone loves.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Wow, I cant believe how many ppl have already forgotten that DLC10 is gonna be smaller content and that this new mechanic probably will come in handy. I wouldnt use this in Nexus but id certainly try it in the Trigon Duos and Prison before I damn it.

This is at Prototype stage guys, and the reason the devs started this whole WIP section is to get YOUR ideas months ahead of launch instead of leaving themselves only weeks on a test server. Plz just take a breath, realise that changes WILL be made, and start thinking of how you would like this to effect YOUR role. This Prototype is definitely singularly damage orientated for the moment, but it CAN change if you switch out criticism for ideas.

As the great Chuck Norris once said (lol)-
    "Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth"

So stop losing your temper over something that hasn't been finished yet, start thinking about how you'd LIKE this to effect Heal/Troll/Tank roles, post your idea instead of some uninformed criticism, and your idea may very well be implemented.
    • Like x 3
  4. Sign Up New Player

I dont think he mix up facts Spytle,is just you guys who does,you want to bring all people (skilled and non skilled players) at the same level with this major "new mechanic" .Maybe is just me but for sure IF this hit live server(i really hope not) for sure i will say Good Bye for DC.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dark Babylon Active Player

TANK: (Temporary immunity against NPCs after a successful weapon mastery combo with longer combos providing longer immunity)
    HEALER: (Healing out occurring as one transitions from one weapon to the next with a large critical heal occurring upon the successful completion of a weapon mastery combo.)
    Controller: (Instant power out provided as one transitions from one weapon to the next with a large CC effect occurring upon the successful completion of a weapon mastery combo.)
  6. thelostczarnian New Player

most might based powers can stack prec also and use wm+60%handmod to unleash some crazy prec damage. ice, nature, fire, mental, quantum are all set to gain the most and nature gets a A++ for having a 45% prec buff as well as a 60% tray power
  7. AST0NISHING New Player

Combining into a new weap sounds fun I would choose martial arts and hb. But dual pistol into hb is just stupid come on
  8. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I like it actually >.>
  9. Roomba Dedicated Player

So don't use combos that involve bow. It's that easy.
  10. Dark Babylon Active Player

Dear Developers,

Thank you for making this a collaborative and interactive process. While many of us have concerns, I recognize that this is a first step towards an overall positive change. I am happy that our feedback about support roles is being taken into consideration. Keep up the good work. On a side note, don't let any of the other members of THE OFFENDERS know I said something nice. It might ruin our reputation :)

Dark Babylon
    • Like x 1
  11. AST0NISHING New Player

And make jump clipping like how it is now on ps you still see the animation just faster. Than it'll be fair across the board and wlll be even across the board no more zero clipping on PC I think is what they mean
    • Like x 1
  12. thelostczarnian New Player

yes that is indeed so and i dont blame you lol this thread is indeed growing fast even at this time of day
  13. AST0NISHING New Player

And if y'all are doing the no clip equals more damage you better make tachyon blast hit how it should no less than 4k on average with 4k might make it happen make the long casting time powers keep up with Hl rage gadgets and celes
  14. thelostczarnian New Player

spytle has already said jump clipping is not being removed....it just cant be done at 0.0s. he said it WILL be under 1.0s as well. indeed he said it HAS to be SHORT or else there would be NO POINT.
  15. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

Im personally "ok" with the weapon mastery update but please I love DCUO so dont change jump canceling. Slowing down down the fast paced combat is probably the worst thing you could possibly do.
  16. thelostczarnian New Player

its supposed to be equal...not less...not more...the same
  17. AST0NISHING New Player

If u can shoot lasers out your hands why use pistols ?
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

agreed. If the number was 20 at some point players will be spending skill points in innates they don't need or want.
    • Like x 1
  19. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

-Tank: Doom spin Prevent damge equal to portion of damage dealt or sucks enemies toward you or taunt enemies you hit
    -Healer: Recieve crit bonus for next Hot cast or raised healing chance and mag by 10%(can reapply after 20secs)
    -Control: Restore power back to group next 8secs(reappliable every 30secs) or just yourself, or next power restores power to group equal to portion damage done
  20. Roland Deschain New Player

- TANK: i think this whole weapon mastery is not suited to them with the whole pvp counters stuff, and beside ice tanking i don't see any tank stay away from blocking that much time
    - HEALER: they may have the time to do a full wm combo when the cr is starting to be higher than the minimum one for the raid-alert or whatever but right from the bat they are busy keeping reckless dps, lazy troller and tanks alive, no time for shiny new things, and when you have time to do them you don't really need them anymore, since the defense has gone up and everyone is getting less damage, you resto has gone up as well so any normal power burst heal will suffice to
    i see sorcery as the only one that may pull some wm off, and a burst heal instead of damage would work really good for them since they lack some burst heals
    - TROLLER: WM combo take time, we (i'm a controller) have to put the most hit in the short time frame we have between our power dumps to regain power, so hb is the most used troller weapon, this works in alerts where dps knows that there is only one troller around and he needs to recover his blue bar, sometimes they don't and the alert goes on with starved and frustrated troller or starved and frustrated spammy dps

in raid setting the troller is allowed to only do a ranged tap tap and than power dump, no more no less, if they see me going for a second or 2 of HB energy discharge on something, things gets hairy really fast with power hungry dps

and to stay on topic, wm doesn't replace the normal way to the dps this game has, so not every dps is going for it and with 2 dps in alerts and 4 in raids it only takes one power hungry dps to turn both troller in a battery, WM combo or not, and if power cost raises again with the next tier it's gonna be more and more frustrating

so onestly the game needs a major overhaul on the lacking parts of the support roles before even thinking of going with wm for non dps
    sorry for the wall of text
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.