Ice Armor Animation...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cloud_9, Feb 20, 2013.

1. xhalur Well-Known Player

Absolutely, positively, 100% LOATHE the new Ice Armor on Tanks!

SOE, you had a wonderful opportunity to create something truly wonderful with all of these months spent "revamping" Ice, and you make the new Ice Armor for Tanks look like complete trash, to the point where it is practically insulting. Spikes and/or icicles sticking out for the DPS/Damage role? Fine. I can live with that. But Tanks?! No way in hell (pun intended)! Ice Tanking is supposed to be all about damage mitigation/shielding and its Ice Armor should have been represented this way with a new form of full-body armor (maybe a sleeker version of the old one, and if not than somthing else?), not some grotesque overuse of the same visuals as the Damage/DPS version. Uggh!

This is beyond unacceptable to me. If the new Ice Armor for Tanks is going to look like this, than I'd rather just keep my old style of Ice Armor from pre-GU23, thank you very much. Sad to say it, but months of "hard" work ended up looking like crap to me in the end...
  2. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

Ice update is awesome devs. Id say just shorten up the length of the shards on the new ice armor, Or just flatten them out to plates of ice ..maybe. Then it would look way better . Again great job devs. Ice will finally be able to compete in dps.
  3. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

Only For The players that complain devs. Give them the old ice armor back along with the 5sec animation pause. Again great job devs.
  4. OMAAR New Player

Just the fact that they gave Ice a different armor per role makes it EPIC.
    • Like x 1
  5. xhalur Well-Known Player

Warning: The following post may be long...

I hope you don't mind, xWorldkiller, but I'm just going to use your picture as an example here (nice character, by the way :)) . This is exactly what I find wrong with Ice Armor. While I couldn't really care less about the Damage/DPS version, what in the world is going on with the Tank version?! Where's the armor? The Tank version looks more like a woman's clumped mascara than any actual form of armor! Just horrible. Again, not commenting about the character; just the Ice Armor worn and being displayed.

Coincidently, there is already something in the game that looks similar to that. If I wanted weird spikes/icicles sticking out of my body, I'd just wear the Damage/DPS T3 armor instead:

[IMG] [IMG]

Nowhere in my above post did I mention anything about "the 5sec animation pause". I am actually thankful that they removed that pause, as it makes for a much smoother transition between forms without having to worry about being stopped in the middle of a weapon combo or movement. The only thing I commented on originally (and specifically) was my disappointment with the new visual aspect of Ice Armor for Tanks (Ice Armor for Damage/DPS I'm fine with for now). I am perfectly happy with the other upgrades made to Ice Armor in general, just not its current appearance. If that wasn't inherently understood, than I apologize. Like the thread title suggests, I thought we were just talking about the animation.

Differences? What differences? Look at the pictures above again. Both roles have spikes coming out of them, with the Tank version's spikes just being bunched closer together and compacted together! :rolleyes: Keep the spikes for Damage/DPS, and give us Tanks an actual armor for Ice Armor. Now THAT would be "a different armor per role"! Or, at the very least (especially for people like the OP, myself and others that have expressed dissatisfaction with Ice Armor in its current form) , give us options to choose between Ice Armor-style appearances (old and new). That would be nice, too.
  6. Zeo Committed Player

I loved the new Ice Armor look, way better than that ugly bald golem ^^
  7. Thebluegoose New Player

Spot on! Totally agree 100%!
  8. xhalur Well-Known Player

Thanks. It's good to know that I'm not the only one disgusted by this new visual! :D
  9. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

If u dont like the update to ice...switch powers. Dont ruin it for us real ice users that like and appreciate what they have done. We have waited 2 yrs. Be humble. Your main is probably fire.
  10. Fran Nadie New Player

Jerry Ordway said something like "when I make a superhero costume I'm always worry for the design, for instance, if the gloves have spikes I wonder if this guy lift the arm... doesnt he hit his ear with the spike?"

Sorry my English
  11. Pawstruck New Player

You guys are cray.

I think it's awesome that there even ARE two different animations for the different roles!

What are you guys, cranky old men? Sheesh! This update is awesome.
    • Like x 1
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Just because I appreciate the update doesn't mean I'm not going to point out that the ice armor looks like crud.

Simply completely unrealistic. If I were to run with those icicles on me they'd shatter or i'd take one step and trip over them.

I don't get how a horizontal icicle forms. Anyone care to elaborate? I mean maybe if it had a large base and just kinda was a triangular plate, sure, but a skinny icicle horizontal, huh?

It simply looks terrible.

Did anyone really see thses and have their jaw drop because they looked so great? Didn't think so.

It's awesome that theere are 2 diff ones, but they both look terrible.
    • Like x 1
  13. NatureSilence New Player

I think all ice people are happy that there is no longer lag for switching to ice armor form but i completely agree that the new ice armor is garbage. Also bulky armor such as oh perhaps the t3 tank armor will pretty much make the "armor" invisible.
  14. Radium Devoted Player

Really do hate the visual for DPS Ice Armor. It looks so.....weird.

Also it isn't symmetrical, around the head mostly, so what looks like a set purpose of them sprouting out is just randomlyplaced.
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Offset halo of physics defying icicles. cool right?
  16. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I like it better than that bulky looking ice armor it used to have. I couldn't even see my character.. especially the female version. The ONLY reason I didn't use ice much before was because that ugly armor. May sound silly but it's the truth... Now I am fine using it.
  17. Worlok New Player

at least i don't look like every other guy. i spend most of my time in ice armor, so i should be able to tell it's me.
  18. Fran Nadie New Player

I was think It was not cool I cant have a fire form with a fire heroe... now I cant have an ice form with a ice heroe too....
  19. FroZen New Player

I appreciate the update overall but feel the ice armor needs some tweaking. My toon looks like sonic the hedgehog, and wouldn't there be enormous holes in my tights after transforming? o_O
  20. Ice Lantern New Player

I like the Tank version and hate the DPS version.