Your Character's Origins

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Magnificent, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Thanks!
  2. FelixDuo Committed Player

Man I have 6 characters and they all have backstories...so I'll try to keep each one short and sweet.

Alias: Twilight
    Power: Sorcery
    Backstory: Dawn was merely a hard-working apprentice magician back on her Earth, in one of the other dimensions. And like many apprentices, she enjoyed trying out new spells. It was a teleportation spell gone wrong that accidentally flung her to this Earth, right in the middle of the Brainiac war, with no immediately apparent way to get back. Still, she originally became a mage in order to help people, and before her were a lot of people in need of help. So for the time being she has decided to be a hero and help protect this world.

Alias: Blackrose
    Power: Nature
    Backstory: If you've ever heard the stories of pod people, of strange plant-like creatures from space coming to Earth and impersonating humans...well that actually happened. But not like you might think. Rose is one of an intelligent race of sentient plants able to copy the appearance of other living creatures, and has been living comfortably on Earth for almost 100 years now, having seamlessly blended in with the humans. No invasion. No body snatching. Just enjoying Earth's relatively warm and sunny climate. That is, until Brainiac's forces showed up and destroyed her house. With her in it. She survived, naturally, but in regenerating from her damaged state her secret was exposed to her friends and neighbors. They all just assumed she was one of the new heroes given powers by the exobytes, and she ran with that, rather that tell them the truth. After that she felt obligated to do actual hero work. However, while hesitant at first, she has since taken to protecting peace and justice like a fish to water.

Alias: Sora
    Power: Electricity
    Backstory: Another hero from an alternate dimension. Sora is a super powered crime-fighting android from a near-future alternate Japan designed to protect the country from alien invasions, giant monsters, and evil robots (like her "sister". When Brainiac attacked Earth it rippled throughout space-time and the effects were noticed by Sora's creator, one Dr. Tensai, who sent Sora to this Earth to stop Brainiac before he became a threat to the alternate Earths as well.

Alias: Hikari
    Power: Celestial
    Backstory: An alien originally from a planet far from Earth, she was a holy knight tasked with beating back the forces of darkness wherever and whenever they appeared. She was a paragon of justice. None could question her dedication to maintaining peace and order. But she grew frustrated. No matter how they fought, it seemed like no progress was ever made and they were no closer to ending the war now than they were a decade ago. The forces of light outnumbered those of darkness, but the dark ones' tactics were brutal, and they were not hindered by concepts such as mercy and fairness. She had seen so many of her fellow knights die, and for what? To maintain the moral high ground? She had had enough. In the next battle, she tapped into both the light and dark magics. She was a maelstrom of death. Divine judgement personified. They decimated the enemy army, but her Order was outraged that she had used dark powers to win. They tried to have her arrested, but she easily defeated her attackers and escaped the planet. She ended up on Earth, a world teeming with crime and villainy even more so than her own. A world in dire need of her justice.

Earth name: Miles Fortis
    Alias: Miles
    Power: Mental
    Backstory: Another alien, hers are a relatively aggressive and violent race. In Earth terms they would be called barbarians. Strength is everything to them. If they weren't so busy fighting each other (mostly in gladiatorial arenas and bars) they might be a serious threat to galactic peace, as they are incredibly strong both mentally and physically, possessing enough muscle to throw buses like baseballs, and the telekinetic power to do the same. As part of their coming of age ceremony, they are expected to go out and accomplish some great deed. Usually this means slaying some large and dangerous beast, or winning in the arena, but Miles, being a princess, has more expected of her. For her great deed, only the best will do. Personally stomping Brainiac's face into the ground and destroying his invasion of Earth, for example, is just the thing that will really impress the folks back home.

Alias: Felix
    Power: Gadgets
    More words: All his life Felix wanted to be a superhero. He trained. He exercised. He practiced martial arts, archery, shooting, swordsmanship, you name it he's most likely mastered it. He was just about ready to make his debut in the hero world as a sort of poor man's Batman when the exobytes were spread across the globe. After seeing reports of people randomly being imbued with superpowers he thought for sure that he would get some actual powers. And so he waited. Got sunburned from laying outside trying to get more exobyte exposure. But nothing happened. No fire, no ice, no lightning. He was disappointed and was starting to get seriously depressed when the visions started coming to him. Designs for amazing and powerful machines sprang forth into his mind out of nowhere. If he looked at a computer, or a cell phone, or anything mechanical he would see a hundred different ways he could improve it. A hundred different devices he could make out of the parts. He didn't need superpowers, he realized. He could artificially simulate any powers he wanted. Now he patrols the streets with confidence, accompanied by firepower rivaling that of some countries. Also, fun fact, in my headcanon he designed and built the robot sidekicks used by my other characters, and they are all a "team" of sorts, having come in contact with each other and deciding to help each other out. Two of them being from alternate dimensions and three of them being aliens, Felix has provided housing and living expenses for them, as he is moderately wealthy.
    • Like x 1
  3. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

Come on man Really you Change the Words around but this exactly the same concept as my story wth man not impressed at all especially since i have been working and tweeking this story since HL came out
  4. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

5. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

Gotta keep this on Page 1 LOL nobody really looks past page in the funhouse
  6. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Speak for yourself.
    • Like x 1
  7. Psycho Quinn New Player

Based in: Gotham City
    Eye Color: Green
    Hair Color: Green
    Height: 4 ft 7 in
    Weight: 87 lbs.
    Bio:
    Jack Quinn- Named after his father- was never able to live a normal life. The other kids would call him a "freak" and was feared by everyone who didn't bully him due to his green hair, ghostly white skin, and blood-red lips. He didn't know his parents- the GCPD took him in when he was young and wouldn't tell him about his parents no matter how much he begged. They sent him to a school and tried to get him a better education (Which was practically impossible with people throwing spitballs at him and calling him names he didn't know until then). He grew tired of living in the GCPD at the age of and ran away. He went to the only place he thought would cheer him up- The Amusement Mile. He saw a flyer outside the circus tent that said "Help Wanted. Need trapeze artist and sharpshooter. Please check in for more information". He had been an expert trapeze artist since he was little, though how he became like that, he never understood.
    Jack was also trained to use a gun by the cops at the GPCD, much to Batman's disprovable, being that he often came into the GCPD to check in on him. He had heard him and Robin (Who wasn't exactly Jack's best friend) talking about this guy named "The Joker", which, for some reason, sounded strikingly familiar. He walked into the circus tent, where he was immediately greeted by 2 clowns, named Lefty and Righty. They introduced him to a tall, green haired man with ghostly white skin and blood-red lips. He called himself, "The Joker". He then took a good look at Jack. He smiled bigger than ever and said "Good 'ol Jack! haven't seen you since you were only a baby! How the heck are 'ya?" He processed what this man just said. It struck him why he seemed so familiar- this man was his father. He looked up at the man and smiled. He looked to the right, and saw a skinny woman in a harlequin outfit. Jack heard her say "Mistah J, tea's rea-" before she dropped the plate with the tea she was holding, and gave a loud, high pitched scream. She ran over and hugged Jack. He guessed this woman was his mother. He was raised by these odd people, and told to do everything opposite of what the GCPD told him. He liked this. He was bored with all the "Be nice" and "Don't talk to strangers" stuff. He was trained to kill and was told how he got his acrobatic- from his mother. He also figured out why he looked like he did. Apparently, the chemicals that genetically altered his fathers appearance had also effected any offspring he may have. His father has Jack Quinzell (Now known as Psycho Quinn) do thing that would otherwise be risky for The Joker, such as getting information out of Bane and nocking Penguin of his flippers. He enjoyed his life of crime and works his father to take down Batman and Robin. He got the name "Psycho" after going into the funhouse and seeing his mother in hand cuffs, with bird brain standing there like he owned the place. He practically destroyed Robin, sending him to the Gotham Hospital for gun-shot wounds and 3rd degree burns.

I know my story was long, and wasn't the best, but it took 45 minutes to come up with, so cut me some slack :p
    • Like x 1
  8. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

Very good Story it was a enjoyable only gripe is it should have been 2 Paragraphs other than that it was really good
  9. Psycho Quinn New Player

Yeah, I kinda thought that too. BAD DOBBY! BAD DOBBY! Also, I totally believe you on that lantern story. I thought it sounded familiar, but the copier's version was more... what's the word... perverse?
  10. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

I wouldnt be so angry if it wasnt almost word for word my story he just changed like 6 or 7 lines in it which made me more angry than anything
  11. FelixDuo Committed Player

It's probably just supposed to be a funny parody of yours. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or so they say.
    • Like x 2
  12. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

Very True Felix i didnt look at it that way but i do now
  13. Psycho Quinn New Player

How about we get back to Origins before the thread gets shut down :)
  14. Suhrman New Player

Hero Name: Suhrman
    Power: Fire
    Nationality: half Earthling half Kryptonian

When Jor-El was on Earth in June of 1986, he met my mother (who was naturally able to make and control fire) and got her pregnant but didn't know it and went back to Krypton. Almost immediately after she met my father and assumed it was his when I was born in March of 1987 so I was raised to think he was my dad and so I took his last name and used it in place of super (sounds like Sewer) and went by the name Suhrman. I have all the same abilities as full blooded Kryptonians (When near a yellow sun) but without any weakness and in addition the ability to make and control fire. I sometimes use either a 2 handed sword or hand blasters for enemies far away as far as weapons go. I wear the S on my chest and on my cape like my half brother Kal-El but I wear all red with the exception of silver for the S on front and back and silver on part of the leg and boots and hand styles and the S belt I wear. And I wear a red eye mask in hero form and don't wear anything when as Jake as far as say glasses or anything like that.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

Good Story Suhrman short sweet and to the point
    • Like x 1
  16. Weapon meX New Player

get ready...... it's coming!!

[IMG]

The story continues, in this 5 part.... maybe 7 part? origins saga? following Mr. Sanchez's transformation from a normal land farmer; into a weapon of Mexican Justice, a weapon for La Gente (di peeeple). Find out how the future of this man and the fate of the world; all coalesce, leading into Brainiac's Earth Invasion. . . Your I.Q will never be the same again!
  17. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Villain Name: Deaths Exile
    Power: Dark Side Celestial
    Origin: Unknown

No one knows much about the origin of Exile. Deaths Exile also known as just Exile first showed his appearance when the war started between Earth and Brainiacs forces. Having super strength, Telepathy, Telekinesis and the ability to absorb energy and suck life's essence itself from others to replenish his own power, he is a force not to be reckoned with. Being a common and major enemy of the Justice League, he has had countless conflicts with them and always managed to escape. He has notoriously killed countless heroes and also villains that aren't of his affiliation. Exile has worked with the Society on Numerous occasions and has also at one point affiliated with the Black Lantern Corps. Exile Has spread fear through the galaxy and has become a major enemy of the Green and Blue Lantern corps.

My characters damage loadout:

• Haunt (Combo)
    • Cursed Idol
    • Plague (Combo)
    • Wither (Combo)
    • Malediction (Combo)
    • Dark Pact
    This loadout is more Might based but balance between Prec/Might wouldn't be a problem.
  18. Zuse Loyal Player

I have finished my story that i have been working on
    if you care to see
    http://dc-universe-online-characters.wikia.com/wiki/ID:_Zuse_(_Zeus_)

and if you are too lazy to go to the wiki here it is :
    Story

It has always been assumed that on the 7th day of creation, God rested. In truth, day seven was the Day of Balance. A concept was created and developed into five very different parts, each of which were equally important to maintain the calibration of the universe. These conceptual beings were molded as five hooded men, each representing an aspect of creation.
    War wore the Green Hood dedicated to emulate the need for mortal conflict. The primary directive of this being allowed it to cause aggravation and strife where needed, to counter balance Peace. He was represented as the avatar of Nature and Nature's wrath.
    Peace wore the White Hood. He was created as a direct counterpart to War, often resolving the instigated conflicts with negotiations and treaties. Peace was the first step on the road to Life. He was represented as the avatar of Reality itself.
    The Golden Hood was worn by Life, who was the culmination and aspiration of Peace. All living things would evolve and flourish through the tranquility that Peace would provide. As the avatar of the elements on earh he was the only thing keeping the planet into 1 peice.
    Death, appearing as the Purple Hood was the bane, but also the savior, of Life. When Life provided too much, when Life could not sustain itself even through Peace, Death would come. Civilizations would fall so that new ones may rise. The old washed away so that the new may come. As the life started in light, Death, the avatar of darkness, would take over as the true end.
    The Strongest of them all, The Judgment wore the Black hood. He represented the balance between all the other 4 hooded men. It was Judgment that provided the necessary wisdom to prevent War from overpowering Peace, to disallow Death to conquer Life. Judgment would be tasked to maintain the balance for an unimaginable measure of time until the Day of Final Judgment. He as the punisher of sins and the ultimate balance between good and evil was the avatar of Divine Judgment and Vengeance
    The legend of the Final Judgment

The Day of Final Judgment refers to as the End of Time, when Heaven would open the Golden gates and send wrath of the Five Concepts of Creation upon the mortal world for five years.
    The first to arrive would be War, bringing with it a year of destruction and chaos. Cities would crumble, nations would die, nature would finnaly have it's vengeance over the himans, and soon after, Death would follow.
    The second year would be the Year of Death. Unstoppable and powerful, Death would claim many. In the wake of Death, those few left into the ruins of the earth would seek to find Peace.
    Peace would claim the third year, granting comfort and happiness to those few left who sought it's embrace. With the returned tranquility, once again Life would return.
    Year four belonged to Life. In the wake of War, in the shadow of Death, and from the Gift of peace, Life would emerge bearing fruit for all those still alive. Mountains would move, oceans would merge before the eyes of the men kind.
    The fifth and final year, was the year of Judgment. The Black Hooded Man would be the Harbinger of God's cleansing victory, the vessel by which the Holy would be saved, and the executioner by which the wicked would be damned. After Judgment, God would rule, and Creation would be perfect.

19. Zuse Loyal Player

The Story How they came to the DC universe

[IMG]Zuse and the Spectre

In another world, in another time, Judgment had come to the world, the End Times had arrived. However, due to a reality altering paradox wave created by the actions of another world in yet another time, the Five Concepts of Creation were hurled through time and space, arriving in the DC universe. Each the Concepts were transported to a different destination throughout space and time. Judgment was cast into the mortal world, where it was confronted by the Spectre, God's Spirit of Vengeance. The Spectre explained that due to the actions of the future versions of two mortals named Lex Luthor and Batman, the very fabric of reality had become corrupted. Rifts such as the one that consumed the Five Concepts of Creation had appeared all throughout God's Creation.
    Judgment found that it's power had been significantly weakened, due to the fact that it had been force to reside on a mortal plane in a reality where the End Times had not occurred, though Spectre believed the corruption of the time stream would allow it's power to gradually return. The Spectre explained that corruption was not part of God's plan and that all divine beings must attempt to rectify the disastrous events that had caused the fracturing of reality. The limitations God placed on divinity in this universe required all heavenly beings to bond to a mortal host. But for Judgment, The Spectre created a human with a history on that universe that would be merged with the Judgment. The name of the human was Alexandar Zuse.
    The Spectre brought Zuse to the Justice League of America and explained the situation in full to them. The JLA welcomed the extra help, and quickly assigned him to several missions while they planned the final battle against Lex Luthor that would hopefully save reality. At the Nexus of Reality, Zuse and his newfound allies were eventually able to stop Lex Luthor's plan and restore the time stream, thus restoring all of Creation to its rightful state.

[IMG]Zuse being welcomed in the JLA

After the battle, Zuse spoke to The Spectre about locating the other four Concepts of Creation and returning to his reality. Spectre informed Zuse that his reality had unfortunately been erased when the timeline purged itself of anomalies. Spectre also revealed that he had been unable to locate the other four Concepts, stating that they were scattered through time and space. The Spectre claimed that God had indeed intended for this to happen. The plan had been altered to reflect the alterations caused by the time stream disturbances. Unlike before, where each universe had it's own End Times, now there would be one, only one, Day of Judgment, for all realities. This day would come when the Five Concepts of Creation would be reunited. Upon that day, the Creations would merge to form the Ultimate Judgment, the true end. But the jurney of Zuse didn't end here. In the life of the mortal human that the Spectre made for Judgment, there was a really important person that Zuse loved very much. After the battle the energy of the paradox changed some things in the earlier life of Zuse, it wiped the woman out of reality but the memory still continued to live in him. The sorrow overcame Zuse and he decided to disapair. At this day there is a myth that a dark figure is hiding near the church in Gotham where the criminals mysteriously disappeared.
    Untill the day where Zuse will saparate from his host, untill the day of the Final Judgment, Zuse will be a dark phantom, a vangeful spirit, a true legend of vengeance

20. Zuse Loyal Player

The Final Judgment

Five years after the events of the Origin Crisis…the name Zuse has long been forgotten. It became an urban myth. A reporter was obsessed that Zuse was not just a myth of a dark shadow near the cathedral, but a real thing. She decided that if she proved the existence of Zuse she would become really famous and rich. So every night she stayed near the cathedral hoping to take a picture of Zuse. One day she took the photo.
    But she was framed that she made that picture and lost her job. That night after she was going home in the raid she saw Zuse once more, they talked and she asked why didn’t he help he to prove that he is real, he was sad for lost job but his existence is not something that he had been proud of and dint want to revel to the world, he then disappeared in the shadows. Two weeks after that event she was offered a job at the infamous “T.a.g.o.a”. Later she discovered the dark truth about the true ambitions of this infamous organization. She then was put into the “mind” project, where her consciousness was removed and replaced with an artificial consciousness because she has been the only living human being that has been in contact with Zuse after the event of the Crisis. In few weeks later she again saw Zuse where she had been given orders to use an adapter to shut his mental processing and put him to sleep. He was then awoken in a laboratory where he was being held conscious but unable to move. Zuse was trying to escape but he couldn’t, his brain was completely shut down all but his consciousness. The head in the organization came and started talking to Zuse, he introduced himself as john, and he told Zuse that they work for an old friend of his. The name of the organization was “The Ancient Guardians Of Apep”. That shocked Zuse and an old forgotten memory awoken and was ready to haunt him again. The first evil he faced had come to seek revenge, Infinity the firstborn known to the Egyptians as Apep, the god of evil. Infinity was the first being in the universe created from the original matter a.k.a the antimatter, but when there was the Great War between matter and Infinity, the keeper of the antimatter; it was Judgment who defeated him and sent him to Oblivion. The Head of T.A.G.O.A. explained why Zuse was there. They were after the “Judgment Force”.
    They would use the Judgment force to finally open the portal from Oblivion and their master, Infinity, would return to the mortal realm. But little did they know about the true intentions of Infinity the first born. His never ending rage and his quest for vengeance against the matter will result in the ultimate end of the universe. After using the spear for destiny, which they had acquired since the end of World War II, Alex Zuse and Judgment were separated for the first time. They concentrated Judgment and made him into pure Judgment force and they used it to open the portal. Infinity stepped from Oblivion to the mortal realm. He then said: “Thank you for your help Johnathan” and grabbed John picked him up then he split him in half. The head of TAGOA was dead. Infinity looked at Alex and flew up through the ceiling. The building began to collapse; Zuse somehow got himself free but was not able to get to the Judgment Force. He escaped but the judgment force was under the collapsed building. During that day Infinity had destroyed half of North America and had resurrected his warriors, the Guardians of Apep, he now was heading to find Zuse and end him. Infinity at the end came to Gotham. Zuse walked fearlessly on the street knowing that his doom was near. But the most unexpected thing happened; the Judgment Force got itself freed from the Spear of Destiny and possessed Zuse one more time. Zuse then flew toward Infinity with a raised fist. The battle took half of Gotham, Zuse’s armor was half destroyed but Infinity was damaged really badly. Infinity was immune to Zuse’s judgment powers and the fact that Judgment was bound to Zuse gave him a huge advantage in the fight. They fought and fought but their powers were matched, until Infinity got the spear of destiny. He said that with it he doesn’t need to bother with Zuse so he teleported far into the cosmos absorbing matter and growing stronger. The warriors of Apep were raised from the death with the strength of 100 men. The Justice Leagued were busy battling the warriors of Apep, the undead ancient guardians of Infinity. The beast, Infinity soon became a being huge even on cosmical scale. He was plotting to destroy earth by absorbing it and devouring the souls of the planet…
    The power of a broken soul was the only way for Zuse to defeat Infinity, the first born. He then made the ultimate decision, separating himself from the Judgment force for the last time knowing that this was his end. Using the little power left from the Judgment force, he cracked his own soul and yelled at Infinity. When the beast turned his head towards Zuse he saw him with a smile on his face running towards him. Zuse jumped yelling “This is the end for both monster” and by the time Infinity realized what he had done to himself a big explosion ended both Zuse and Infinity. After the fall, the Justice league made a funeral where they honored Zuse’s sacrifice and made him a monument near the cathedral in Gotham .

Infinity the firstborn

[IMG]Infinity

After The 7 days of creation, God created the dust that would give the universe life, but the first being that was formed from the dust was none other than Infinity, the first born. Created with endless raw power it was the existing keeper of the antimatter the original matter the God intended to use in the creation of the universe, but after the dark side of the antimatter was shown. That unlimited power was the ultimate power of destruction. And Infinity as a being of pure antimatter was sucked into the dark power’s blending addiction for destruction. And when the matter was created infinity driven by vengeance for being abandoned, went into an uncontrollable rampage against the matter. Before Infinity got the opportunity to destroy matter for once and for all, he was send to the Oblivion, the separate version of Hell. From there Infinity had been secretly watching the world grow and life flourish. Infinity made his first contact with humans around the time of the ancient Egyptians, he was treated as a god, the god Apep. He was feared as the god of evil, but a small group of people worshiped him. And that little group of people has grown into the infamous organization known as T.A.G.O.A. Infinity has a plan how to get back into the realm of the mortals, but he need the force of the universe known as the Judgment Force.
    The end is near

One week after the Fall of Zuse, the Judgment Force became Judgment again regaining consciousness as the true Judgment he once were before entering the DC Universe. After those events he thought that the time of the Final Judgment was supposed to begin. He transformed into The Final Judgment’s true embodiment accessing his true endless divine power. Next to Judgment stood a dark and mysterious figure, which was none other than…his brother Death.