DC Character Loadouts

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by CypherXone, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Aazzen New Player

I thought Aquaman was Mental and Capt Atom was Quantum/Iconic?
  2. General Powers New Player

Ra's Al Ghul, Raven, Starfire, Talia Al Ghul, The Question, Ion(Sodam Yat), Swamp Thing, and Icon.
  3. CypherXone Committed Player

Neither one of their powers are truely represented in this game... Capt. Atom is needs a Powerset geared to towards him manipulating energy, not time and space. And, althought, Aquaman can tele-communicate with animals, I wouldn't place him in a Mental. He'll be more Nature if anything... or maybe... Ice?!
  4. Baryon Boy New Player

This thread is interesting because I have been wondering about something related for a while: If you use an iconic power do you still get your powerset bonus? For example, if you are an Ice character in tank mode and use Heat Vision, does that power use get you the +90% defense rating? Or does that only trigger on using an actual Ice power?

I vaguely remember reading that iconic powers were changed to also taunt when used in tank role (a looong time ago) but I'm not sure if the ice +Def, or Fire +HP self buff type stuff was added to them.
  5. CypherXone Committed Player

Only Powers of that that powerset trigger defensive capablilities.
  6. BrotherMutant New Player

I don't think that is true. I seem to recall ANY power gives the base tank buff, +def for ice, +hp and healing received for fire, + 25% dmg abs for earth, not sure what rage gets.
  7. Baryon Boy New Player

Rage gets, IIRC, +HP but not any healing bonus.
  8. JZeRoW New Player

Jonah Hex?
  9. Amazon Committed Player

Aquaman is actually super strength, invulnerable, and minor telepathy, not sure if he has hydrokinesis in the new52….
  10. CypherXone Committed Player

Yeah, clearly Aquaman is not really represented well in the DCUO game. I would think Mental would be a better power set for him since he uses his mind, but all he can really do is control fish.. I also didn't want to go with mental, due to all the other powers not really fitting him. I also thought Nature would be a good fit for him too, but there of course lies that same problem, no fish!. I choose Ice due to the level of invulnerability he has and, although not traditionally, Aquaman has been able to control water too. The Snow Devil is the closest power, other than "Serpent Call ", to having a pet that fits closely to him calling animals.

So here we have it... either we gonna have to Role-play a little and have a traditional Aquaman where he call actual animals having a Nature Power Set
    Damage Loadout: Serpent Call (Barracuda), Swarm (of Piranha) Swarm Shield (of Piranha), Hive Mind, Briar, Carnivorous Plant (some Aquatic Sea Creature)

Give him the actual a mental power set that truely doesn't display his powers based on game, which I can honestly say, I don't know what would be his loadout.

or... have the new Aquaman where he incorporates Water (Ice) into his abilities and has a pet Arctic Starfish that he calls on.
    Tank Loadout: Cold Snap, Arctic Gust, Shatter Restraints, Ice Boulder, Snow Devil (Arctic Starfish), Deep Freeze.

I see now that Nature maybe the better fit for this guy, but if you can come up with a better loadout, let us see it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Amazon Committed Player

I think you're absolutely right, really there is nothing that accurately represents aquaman unles you use some creative imagination.

I think the nature load out you have used it completely fine for some role plays however there are some variances you could throw in it to emulate SOME of his powers.

1. He does wield the trident of Poseidon which is sometimes depicted as having lightning powers- meaning you could make him electric with some acrobatic skills thrown out to even out the load out and portray him as more of a physical fighter with some electric moves. Also many Atlantans show skill with bio electric sorcery,
    2. He does have LOW level hydro kinesis but unfortunately there is noting I game that represents this, unless you go Ice.
    3. Due to his underwater physiology he had super strength and invulnerablity, which currently is only emulated with some earth powers.
    4. Lastly he does contain low level mental powers but mostly on aqua marine life.... You could make him a mental charter and supplement with some acro moves.

So in summary your load out is great, I think to make him any other way , other than your great nature laod nwould be earth, elec, mental with acro back flip, front flip, and super strength added in, as well as the aoe sonic cry, which looks like mental wavelengths vibrating off him and would emulate a low level telepathic shout.... The animation is also very reminiscent of. His powers in the television shows.

but I do agree what ever way you decide to go, you'll have to use some creative thinking...... :-D and I do think all of the ideas you've had above are also right on target.... So I guess it's completey up to the person. Great job! You know I love this thread!
    • Like x 1
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm a little late to the party here but iron man I would actually suggest going brawling with electricity. Electricity has several moves that look like his suits attacks and brawling a slightly more appropriate as a weapon choice I think.
  13. CypherXone Committed Player

Newly Added:
    Major Force, Geo-Force, Black Lightning, Terra, Live Wire, and Steel
  14. TDSK Committed Player

Superboy - Earth
    Role - DPS
    Movement - Acrobatics
    Load-out: Unstoppable, Rumble Crush, Jackhammer, Shards, Localized Tremor, Earthquake

Just thought I'd mention, this is more of a Young Justice inspired Superboy.
    • Like x 1
  15. MadFacedKid Active Player

Aquaman isn't represented at all well by DCUO he is the only JL founding member that doesn't have a character make in character creation yet Capt. Atom, Geo-Force and other less known characters do. Excluding MMH the only founding member without a DLC but MMH appears in alerts and pvp like the Watchtower. Aquaman doesn't they should make a Atlantis palace raid or something in Amnesty bay cause I need Aquaman content.
  16. MadFacedKid Active Player

Pre52 Aquaman's telepathy worked on non aquatic life such as humans, martians, other aliens, and even AI machines.

Post Crises he was able to control Superman

New52 His TP is downplayed the hell out of :/

DCUO seems Pre52 so it works
  17. CypherXone Committed Player

Killer Frost and Red Tornado Added!
  18. RangerMastah New Player

Does captain marvel look similar to captain america? without the shield?
  19. CypherXone Committed Player

Are you serious? You might want to look him up on google so you can see for your self!
    • Like x 3
  20. JZeRoW New Player

Also, would Hex be Hero or Villian side?