Yes, This System IS "Actively" Being Exploited

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PhoenixTanker, Feb 6, 2014.

1. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Where are these collections that are 500k because all i see is at least a mill or more.
    However yes people have been farming collections and selling them for high prices, just like people have routes for exobits and sell them in the broker for 200k or more a stack. Its simple game economics, not an exploit.
  3. Twilight Man New Player

I've farmed all of Metropolis daily for over 3 years, never seen a Superboy Plaque actually drop for me.
    3 years...still no plaque.

I've long since bought it and many other collections/styles, but the fact that I've still never seen it drop out in the open world is crazy to me.

MMO's and their reward systems
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  4. ICYHURR New Player

Striker's was and still is a joke when it comes to finding allow of them. RE DICK YOU LUS . Seriously.
    Its funny, I had to buy my superboy rubbing plaque back in the day to complete my collection. That was a year ago, I just got it again like a month ago. Glad I didn't wait a year for it.... convenience
  5. Burnt New Player

LOL!!!! TY :)
  6. BlackWingBeyond Committed Player

It's a legitmate strategy in order to make money. Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

How's the kryptonite collection going? Hmm? There's always the broker.
    • Like x 3
  8. Magical Reset Committed Player

Is someone seriously calling farming and selling an exploit? Am I exploiting when I kill mobs now?!
  9. Magical Reset Committed Player

Collection spawning does not work this way. You are complaining about something you have no knowledge about. Are you going to complain about paying rent and utility bills next?
    • Like x 3
  10. Tocimus Committed Player

lmao. anybody can farm. perhaps you should try it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Nop3 New Player

Dat wolf's den student union pass. Gave up on farming it, just gonna buy R&D scanners and sell exos.
  12. Weapon meX New Player

looks like everyone but the OP are in one loud voice saying the same things, so beautiful seeing people agree ima cry.....

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Dirty Fred New Player

Im just curious...

If you say this system is being exploited what suggestion do you have then of a system that wont be exploited?
    (cant really complane unless you got a solution to the problem)
    • Like x 2
  14. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

Farming Collections is a Exploit wow. heres the thing if you are in a phase where the Collection farmers are there is this lovely not so new thing called Phasing pick a name in recent text and phase with that person or go farm in a different area Collections are completely random the same collection item does not spawn in the same spot everytime if it did everyone would have a Superboy plague or there would be 100s of them on Broker. I believe Spytle said this back in yr 1 of DCUO "Every Collection has 1 or 2 pieces that are extremely rare to find" there is a .02 % chance for a Rare Collection IE Superboy plague rubbing to drop when you are Plague farming in the assigned areas

If you continue to call Farming a expoit you are going to aggravate a lot of us farmers
  15. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

There is nothing wrong with farming and its certainly not an exploit. If. A person wants to spend their time on dcuo doing this then so be it. I usually find all of the stuff on my own or just buy them when they are posted cheap on broker. Even rares get posted cheap on broker from time to time.
  16. American Nomad New Player

Umm ever hear of phase shifting? If someone is camped in a spot that you think will megically have the one collection piece your looking for, phase shift away from them.
  17. KidMidnight Loyal Player

theres a spawn point between the feet of the superman statue in metropolis. i've had several spawn from this spot.
  18. KidMidnight Loyal Player

but what if its the spot you're already in?
  19. X-zero Loyal Player

Nowhere near as bad as home turf since a few leagues spend hours camping ever node in a phase then set the prices on both brokers. Using itemis to block nodes to prevent others from picking things up. The only way to get anything then was to farm at odd hours in the morning, find a low population phase, or fight for it in pvp.
  20. Kristyana New Player

The issue here isn't people who are actively camping on a node waiting for it to pop. The issue is people who set up bots to do it for them.
    • Like x 1