Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Zhiushod New Player

On your previous post, you mentioned that you are using K007 as your single target combo. Now here's the thing with K007, we all know that it uses Power Snap Trap and Power Fan on one complete rotation which are both YELLOW damage numbers. As i've written here before, many HL DPS's damage out problems lies on Gears and Modding deficiency. Sure you are Full-Precision Based modded, but the next question is, what about your gears? are they Precision-Based DPS Gears? or Might-Based DPS Gears?

Most HL Statisticians here including me knows that as DPS, we mostly benefit from using Might-Based gears and socketing those with Precision Mods to get the most total DPS (Precision & Might) numbers out of our DPS gear stats. One undeniable fact is that when using K007 combo, we also uses Yellow Damage when we use Power ST and Power Fan so it's really must that we must not neglect our Might Stats.

So my next advice to you is to check your DPS gears you have right now and see if it's Precision-Based or Might-Based.

And FYI, on my latest Data-Sheet Matrix, my best over-all HL DPS Build got (1383 Precision) and (2049 Might). :D
  2. Agnetta Dedicated Player

you should try snap trap > fan > dw throw. dw throw can crit extremely hard, like focused blast used to. you'll also use way less power using dw also, and in my experience, you'll do more damage than you would with rifle. my stats are similar to yours, im at 1565 prec and 2782 might.

i used to use gh, but just snap trap fan seems to do the same amount of damage with less power. if you dont use gh, you have a few other powers you can use. like spikquake, neo venom and robot. these 3 powers clip eachother too, if you start with spikequake, so its easy to keep them up while you spam snap trap fan.

you should probably use karmic hex too. you can do things like spikequake > neo venom > robot (if dead) > trinket (if ready) > karmic hex. i always do spikequake before neo venom/trinkets, and always clip those with karmic hex.

so yea DW hits really hard right now and its very power efficient, in my experience snap trap > fan > dw throw does more damage than rifle combos.

you can see how spikequake, neo venom, trinkets and karmic hex are clipped together in dianna wd's video:

• Like x 1
  3. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

so what i use is fan rifle sp fan rifle . will venom makes my hits better ? i mean is it better than robot sidkik ?
  4. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Venom deals might based ticks of damage that come off of of precision coded attacks(weapon or combo's). Its similar to the other weapon buffs that it can be used to clip and will deal damage. Typically around 5 ticks more if you can clip the animation early enough. It will also increase your defense and weaponization rating. It does have a high power cost. It can be superior to Iconic Robot in that if your attacking your getting those bigger might based ticks. The robot does good damage as well but won't do any if its knocked out so theirs somewhat of a risk vs reward as well as a power efficiency to play into the argument of which is better.

Either can be beneficial.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zhiushod New Player

And FYI, on my latest Data-Sheet Matrix, my best over-all HL DPS Build got (1383 Precision) and (2049 Might). :D
  6. Scott Zyur New Player

Can anyone from test server post the total precision and might stats for the precision gear as well as the might gear on the new 90 level items? It would be much appreciated.
  7. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

i want to see it so badly too :/
  8. Zhiushod New Player

DPS Stats numbers on my previous post are only based on 88 Item Level Gears and Weapon. It's a balance build with Full Precision Mods with main objective as to put out maximum DPS Stats possible without sacrificing Might. So there is definitely a viable DPS build for a Hard Light without sacrificing our Might Stats as my Might is 2049 with 1383 Precision :)
    I'll be researching and computing 90 DPS Stats and will soon post numbers here ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. Foxe Well-Known Player

Hi guys, returning after a long time out and not sure what k007 is? Would someone be able to clarify please?

Also, are there any changes to HL I should know about? Not played or kept up to date with anything dc related for 4 or 5 months but got the bug again so will be getting on tonight after work

Thanks!
  10. compasionate grenade Committed Player

dw charge throw full hold, throw, clip with snap>fan, jump and repeat. Position ur self where u can hit the entire grp because the dmg from dw will not split.
    • Like x 1
  11. Foxe Well-Known Player

Ahhhh thanks a lot for replying . Is that not something that is bound to get nerfed so that it does split?
  12. compasionate grenade Committed Player

Yes it is going to get adjusted, just dont know when, but in the mean time...enjoy :D
  13. Agnetta Dedicated Player

thats a great combo but thats not k007 lol :p . k007 is power fan > snap trap > fan.
    • Like x 1
  14. Zhiushod New Player

[IMG]

Here's a matrix on the new 90 Item Level Precision-Based Gears with Base Stats for a quick reference.

* 90 Rings and 90 Necklace are Might-Based (Yellow Highlighted)
    * Utility Belt is only 87 Item Level
    * Unmodded (Base Stats)
    • Like x 1
  15. Walrusneck New Player

Thanks for the chart zhiushod. Have you figured out the best gear and mod combo? is it still might gear with prec mods?
  16. Zhiushod New Player

For maximum DPS Stats with due respect for both Precision Numbers and Might Numbers, the Best Build still the same, please refer to my previous post. I'll be posting next time the gear combination and modding for it for everyone's reference and guide ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Intrinsic New Player

I've been reading back through the thread to find information on gearing as relates to t5 and my particular playstyle. I mainly use WCS and am trying to figure out how I should be gearing going forward. I see a lot of talk about going pure might gear with prec mods, but all the talk centered around this seems to be related to the K007 rotation.

Am I going to see more value with might gear + prec meds using mainly the WCS rotation? And if so, does that include might jewelry, mask, and even a might based weapon (now that we have a choice)?
  18. Jax Prime New Player

Hmm, Still holding out on buying the new gear until I know which to really go for. So far the Might gear as far as I have seen seem to give the most benefit (when moving from Precision based Traces gear) and I tend to run different combos depending on the group.

KS combo in Para bosses, Ram-whip/ST-fan on every other boss. Claw-HC-Ram-whip for melee. And I inject GH and Chompers in every 2nd and 3rd rotation depending on the loadout i am using (sacrifice either Claw or Fan out of my loadout to put in chompers)

Zhiu thanks for putting your time into this btw.
    • Like x 1
  19. Scott Zyur New Player

Zhiu i'm not sure how you got your numbers but they don't really seem to add up. How are you getting 2300 prec AND 4300 might?

I compiled all the prec and might from both sets of gear and compared them to how they would affect my stats (currently 1540 prec and 2404 might)

The prec set would give me another 350 precision and 532 might. (including affinities) (882 total increase)
    The might set would give me another 131 prec and 1029 might. (including affinities) (1160 total increase)

Those numbers do not include the numbers from mods though.

with prec mods in all slots that is an extra 450 prec.
    with prec/health/power in the blue and yellow that is 144 prec and with mix mods in reds that is 216 prec and 210 might (360 / 210 total)

all inclusive, might gear and mixed mods would net me an extra 491 prec and 1239 might. putting me at 2031 prec and 3643 might.

IMO might gear with mixed mods is the better way to setup.
    • Like x 2
  20. The Hornet New Player

OK, so it's not just me ...