Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenewkidd New Player

You must be reading a different thread than we are... i guess I could make a pie chart and go through post by post and show you the drastic increase by percentage between those happy with the change and those still unhappy...

Just going through the pages on the first thread you get maybe 1 or 2 people content and happy that the armories were 8$...

Now... you get maybe 1 or 2 people per page that seem "meh" about it and less even "upset"... yes.. there are still people upset, but if you compare the numbers... there is a drastic change in the attitude between both threads...

"not by much" is not the impression I get.. but maybe you are seeing posts that the rest of us aren't.
    • Like x 2
  2. Humane Committed Player

Let me try to express my thoughts on this matter.
    Everyone that is Legendary pays a monthly fee, therefore Legendary players are paying about $100 a year more or less for their membership, and yes we have some bonuses for doing so. Although I understand that this is a business, shouldn't Legendary players at least get the minimum required amount of a new product to make it viable? 1 Armory is next to useless, whereas 2 is the minimum you need to play 2 roles.
    If you want more than 2, then yes by all means charge people for them, but don't give us a car and tell us we have to buy the engine seperately.
    • Like x 2
  3. RapidRay Committed Player

I guess it's pretty nuch unanimous that having just one armory defeats the entire purpose they are designed for...to be able to swithch roles "on the fly" as having JUST one prevents switching BACK to your initial role.

Granted, those who play both PVE and PVP regularly would better benefit from 4, but a bare bones of 2 would be at least something of a solution for those who play both in the same powerset. Hence another justification for a minimum of 2 armories/character.

For me, I can see where being able to move armories through the shared bank can be a plus because I have a LOT of characters, but it means those characters I move them from are left without the benifits of an armory at all. Given that I have 17 characters, it will take me around 2 years worth of loyalty points to get 2 armories on each of them. Not exactly an alt friendly situation. The other option would be to spend nearly the equivalent of a year's sub in the marketplace to cover them all for two armories each.

Just sayin'...
    • Like x 3
  4. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I have 3k loyalty points... I def will be getting some armories for free.... So being legendary has its perks.... I'm sure u have loyalty points saved.... I mean what else is there to buy besides replays....
    • Like x 2
  5. The Klepto New Player

Hahahaha everyone's complaining about prices now. Which I agree on still overpriced and one is useless.

But just wait until they release them and the armories steals your gear or you respec a power token and all your old gear gets lost somewhere. And the unexplainable restrictions there are for armories. It's funny stuff!

All said i hope they make more package deals. It still makes no sense they took away the larger pack for the players with multiple multiple toons. No reason you can't have larger packs still. You can charge $3.50 or $2.50.

Ohhhhh and I wish real life was like DC sometimes. Hey you can buy your house deed for 300k($3 in DC) but the garage for your cars are 600k a piece($6 armories DC).
    • Like x 1
  6. Marbou New Player

So to recap, overprice big time to catch flak so that reducing it to a smaller overpriced amount can slide through unchallenged.
    While ignoring the fact that subscribers still get ripped off for what they paid for.
    Meanwhile, those who have several alts, the ones who play the game the most, get penalized for doing so.
    And, those who wanted to buy a large pack now have to pay even more.
    • Like x 3
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

So recap, the Devs had to give a price that most people were unhappy with (due to the fact that they don't set the prices). They had a meeting with those who do the pricing to get the price knocked down. They then gave the newer prices to the community, now most people are happy/appeased by the change but there are still people who want the armouries cheaper. Remember guys, to make any compromise work, both parties must move, and both parties must want what is best for the other party. The Devs have shown that they are willing and able to move. It is time for the community to do the same. Imho
    • Like x 1
  8. Radium Devoted Player

Well you do get one free initially on each toon, so it would take about a year of loyalty points for everyone to have another armory.
    • Like x 1
  9. Marbou New Player

It's not moving to the forum's comments, it's marketing.

Same way stores do 'sales' to get higher sales. They overprice, allot, then say 33% off, or 50% off, wow, that's amazing, better buy that now, think of all the money I've saving, not spending, saving. The company looks like they're being generous and taking a loss when in reality they aren't doing anything more than earning what they projected when they made the initial overpriced amount.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ocerkin New Player

gullible community is gullible, they are still bending you over but now they make it seem like it was your idea to bend over and take it like a champ
    • Like x 2
  11. Dametria Loyal Player

So by "unanimous" do you mean the all 3 of you who have been posting the same redundant argument for the last 10 pages? Because if you mean unanimous as in everyone posting in this thread you are incorrect.

I will help you understand your failed logic using the now infamous "one armory is like half a car or a car with no engine" analogy:

- DCUO is giving the players a moped (1 armory) which is an upgrade from walking from point A to point B (manually respec'ing).
    - If a player would like to have (not need to or forced to have) the faster mode of transportation, i.e. the car (2 armories) they could (not need to or forced to) purchase the parts (the second "not free" armory) that upgrades the free moped and makes it a car.
    • Like x 2
  12. Marbou New Player

It's not a moped, it's a catapult. One way trip.
    • Like x 2
  13. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Obviously we disagree on a fundamental level. I'm going to stop hitting my head against a wall. Everyone good luck in the future. I'm excited for armouries, going to buy a stack of eight first day, you guys do what you want to do. But, the Devs have already changed the price once, your anger isn't going to change anything. And it won't be any skin off my nose if you do change things. Be angry, maybe you should change to rage when it comes out, I bet it'll be lots of fun. ^.^
    • Like x 1
  14. Dametria Loyal Player

So the second armory is upgrading to a golf cart to retrieve your rock instead of having to carry the rock back by horseback:p.
    • Like x 2
  15. Quagmire-MTGT New Player

Here is my input on the subject:

Many people are happy that 1 armory costs $6. That is fine. Personally, I don't care what 1 armory costs. I am never going to buy just 1. I started this game because it allowed the creation of multiple characters. I intend to have one character for every power set. Why? I like the variety. I am not a hardcore gamer. I get bored doing the same thing over and over. I want to be able to experience all the powers.

So guess what? I want a total of 48 armories so that I can switch between both roles for each toon in both PvE and PvP. That means I need to buy 36 armories, since they are not account-wide like marketplace styles and storage. Am I going to pay $4 each for a total of $144? To me, that is absolutely ridiculous. That is more than a year's worth of Legendary membership. I strongly feel there should be a better volume discount.

And since we have to pay for armories in the first place, why don't they include dedicated storage slots for armor and weapons? It would make sense for each armory purchased to inlude 5-7 armory storage slots. These slots would be independent from the bank storage. Each armory would have access to all the armory storage slots for that character. That would make it a true armory. Got to store the extra gear somewhere.
    • Like x 1
  16. Breakforce Loyal Player

Sometimes, I swear if you gave the DCUO forums a free dinner, they would call you greedy for not including dessert.

SMH
    • Like x 7
  17. Original Kal Well-Known Player

hope you kept reading....
  18. Original Kal Well-Known Player

This.
  19. Original Kal Well-Known Player

and there's a sucker born every minute...
    • Like x 2
  20. Swamarian Committed Player

No, and yes. There are costs associated with physical objects beyond just making that one object. (Design, possibly R&D, various types of overhead, etc.) Eliminating production costs doesn't eliminate the other ones, and I'd assume that SOE'd like to recoup those costs in a reasonable time frame.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.