Rage: New Tanking Mechanic, sounds beast!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SamJohnson322, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Reidriar New Player

Will be waiting for the power to come out, looking for the pros aand cons on the test server to find out i should change power or not.
    Want to see it being BEAST at both DPS and Tanking.
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Well since Jens went out if his way to say it was might based and the combos are like Celestial , I am going to take a guess and say they are like double ticks of might damage and will probably cost power. What I want to know is if power trees will be one to one like celestial.
  3. risingtide New Player

Right its a little odd to think about comboing costing power and doing might damage when you could just hit the power itself. I guess its a good way of letting you use more than 6 powers on a bar though. Also forgot to mention but Jens on Twitter also stated that Rage is Health based.
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Oh really? Well then , I'll feel right at home.
  5. risingtide New Player

Yep yep, Health is the best stat to center a tank around in my opinion because there is no Health cap that we know off.

Here's the direct tweet: Jens Andersen@Spytle

@bluepaperbox there are not a lot of shields, and the mechanics center around health. But Spord will give the details during the livestream.
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So does this means that the have settled on 3 types of base mitigation and have decided to alter secondary effects? There is only so much you can do with the given stats.
  7. TheHeat23 New Player

Rage Crash sounds a bit OP, but it's ok I'll never leave fire. If played right can beat any power. I've learned that from experience
  8. shaun10656 New Player

sounds like a new ice to me like ice you have to do your chill effects 5 times in a row to get the effect but in rage you have to do the abilies a certain amount to get into rage mode and continue to do the abilities to stay in it unlike ice it has a duration so in a word its like a new ice
  9. OrbitalKnightDC New Player

Is rage gonna over-ride each other if there is more then 1 dps?
  10. risingtide New Player

Of course every dps does.
  11. risingtide New Player

Except Healing all damage taken is nothing like a 90% defense boost for 60s. But yea other than the core mechanics of the powers exactly the same.
  12. shaun10656 New Player

ice with alittle bit of fire
  13. risingtide New Player

Not sure fire has anything that heals 1:1 the damage you take and not sure ice has anything at all to do with what rage does.

Sorry just saying its not like any other tank at all.
  14. shaun10656 New Player

I ment as how fire heals with its powers and ice has its chill effects which rage has to do with its powers to get into rage mode
  15. risingtide New Player

Like I said its not anything like either of those. Chill Effects are completely different than the rage mechanics as is fire's self heals. Rage is completely unlike any tank so far.
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

The chill effect has no real benefit for tanks. With FIre Eternal FLame is the only thing that behaves how it is described except it is not 1:1. It also has a cap at how much it can heal. Rage seems to be passive healing. So think wolverine walking into a hail of bullets. You won't notice the effects of the damage like with fire who has mostly reactive healing. So you'll be invincible until you crash and take all the damage that was "healed".
  17. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Health based makes sense. I was saying a few weeks ago modding for health might be best to allow you to survive the rage crash. And I'm sure once someone masters it they can mod for more damage.
  18. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

Definitely agree. Destiny from Bungie is doing this as all three roles; Titan, Warlock and Hunter will be DPS but each will have special unique abilities. 3 Roles that can DPS...Think about it DCUO devs.
  19. shaun10656 New Player

destiny will be awesome!!!
    • Like x 1
  20. ApolloMystique New Player

sounds intriguing...