Server Downtime - December 17, 2013 - Game Update 32!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 16, 2013.

1. >>Plo<< New Player

Aside from Smallville, T1 alerts require no CR. The lowest rated raids require CR 40, which you do not need a weapon to get to, you could be missing a third of your gear and still make CR 40 easily. The LFG channel is full of derptards, just queue up. I didn't say you need to respec your character to use what happens to drop, keep using what you're using, just keep the higher CR weapon in your bags.
  2. KrilTsuuroth Well-Known Player

Yes, I know, and it is one of the saddest things about DCUO. 90% of Vets feel too superior to help people that are in the same position that they were in when they first started.

There's many reasons why people no longer help on this game, most being:

-Simply being busy, trying to get SP or raise their own CR.
    -Had a history of helping people, league mates, etc. who stab you in the back or leave after all your hard work(which could have been spent on your own content instead of theirs). <- This particular reason happens to me a little TOO much, but I still try to help.
    -Of course, being stuck-up, having a high sense of superiority or "elitism".<- by far the ugliest things within DCUO.
    • Like x 4
  3. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

* If you meet the CR required for it, you can run it. T1 (hard mode) alerts are not designed to be ran only after you get full T1, you run them when you have access to them and your base stats, even in dps gear, are enough. These were designed to consider the role stance buffs. Trust me, when the game didn't have any added content and everything was vanilla, we ran this stuff with the most pathetic of gear combinations and it was doable. Now with all the over geared tier players running through all the old content, a ridiculous amount of people are being carried every day. 1 player can solo an alert now. You'll get your gear 10xs faster now than we ever had opportunities for.

* It's not broken game design if you fail to acknowledge the actual design. It's not broken, just ugly. It favored a grindy time sink setup from the start, even when everybody had to sub to play. The game was low on content and they had to milk it for all it was worth, and that's unfortunately why we do not stick to one weapon. Let's also not forget that respec costs were trivial in the original classic design because everybody had a sub. Now we have subscription levels where the respec costs are crippling to non subscribers. This is being remedied with armories very soon, taking a lot of wind out of this particular arguement. That's evolution (albeit slow :p )

* Don't use LFG for T2 raids or T1 alerts. Use the queue. That's its purpose up until T3, where group composition becomes more important. Use your queue settings to disable role optional alerts, and i'd recommend avoiding using the 'join instance in progress' option as well. Run content from the start, with balanced group composition and things will get done. This is where all the overgeared players are filtering to.

* Buddies help. Doesn't exactly have to be all about joining leagues to progress. Buddies of like CR will help. If you need support on USPS3/Hero side, drop me a line. Hard Pug'n every day. I know the struggle. Can spare you some grief with it.
    • Like x 3
  4. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

Meeps, has the Raven's Destiny quest been fixed with this patch? You said it was working internally but I see nothing in the notes. Great changes but WW heros can't progress at all until that bug is corrected. Can't even use bases or other features that are being paid for (all those quests are linked to Watchtower chains). Extremely frustrating.
  5. Infamous Hacker Active Player

I know that this is the wrong place to ask but what styles for feet and legs are your character wearing?
  6. candiFloss Active Player

:( after reading through this, including all the comments........I have come to the conclusion that most people are never happy.
    I for one am looking forward to the seasonal, it give just over 1 whole sp, and some cool base items to get. Cut these wonderful guys some slack, they try the best they can with what they have to work with. It will never be perfect nothing ever is.
    So from little old New Zealand i would like to say THANK YOU guys for getting this out before christmas, now go and have a good long rest and prepare for next years problems.......MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to your whole team.
    • Like x 5
  7. candiFloss Active Player

;) RANDOM PLAYER and Destroyer tank WE miss you
  8. LeroyRAGINZ New Player

I agree 100%, I posted something similiar in the Seasons Greedings thread. Some people would ***** if they were hung with a new rope. I am so excited for this. Merry Christmas again to all of SOE and the DCUO Community! : D
    • Like x 3
  9. ORBIT New Player

good news ! but still a little disapointed the pvp season 2 wasnt coming with this. but keep up the good work guuys :)
  10. LordAnilation New Player

Looking forward for this nature update devs thanks sooooo much been waiting for it :) merry Xmas to you too, also when are yal ready to make some more money with a 50% off SELL???? Just saying lol I'm ready to spend :)
  11. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

12. Poetic Play Committed Player

If you guys kept up you would know already that PvP Season 2 and Armories was NOT going to be in GU32.

I'm more curious as to why a ton of changes that are on Test are not on this list for GU32? Are they not going Live? Or did Mepps not get a full list to write down...?

Oh well happy it's finally here.
  13. Destroyer New Player

I agree with you. Not to mention that, but it's already annoying to have to switch out all your gear for PvE gear, now i have to log around my rings and necklace too? Great, thanks SOE. I don't see 3 extra inventory slots for everyone in this update.
    Yeah, drops are ridiculous in this game. They could at least make it so you are more likely to get gear of your role etc.

Merry Christmas to you too! : D
    • Like x 3
  14. Destroyer New Player

Love the post, but there's a problem with this statement. Non-subscribers probably aren't going to want to buy an armory to make having 2 specs viable. It doesn't really help them much.
    • Like x 1
  15. Original Empress Well-Known Player

I'm wondering if and when the T4 PVP Vengeance (Huntress) styles will be dropping in the vault like checkmate does. I'm not really into PVP.
    • Like x 1
  16. Poetic Play Committed Player

The old styles will be dropped down a notch is all. So... Vengeance won't be the highest tier anymore, the new set(whatever that will be)will be. Vengeance will now be the second highest set, but you will still need to PvP to get it.
  17. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I think they want people to be just knocked out quicker. The sidekicks & backup prolong the fight. Now those 84 expert modded pvp geared up people can knock u out faster. It is getting to be close to what legends is. They might as well take away the mods from pvp gear and that way it is all close and fair.
    • Like x 1
  18. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Thanks Poetic. Well, look for Empress out there in PVP land. I'm comin' to get my **** booted.
    • Like x 2
  19. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

I am very excited to see this tomorrow. I didnt see anything about PVP or the armories. Are they still going to be removing the lockouts on the pvp stuff with this game update?
    • Like x 1
  20. winter13 New Player

They did not "nerf" celestial dps. It will still be the best/easiest power to dps with in the game. What they did do, if the update notes are correct, is make celestial healing even better than sorcery. So now, nature and celestial are "easy mode" healing in t5 content. My poor...poor sorcery healer/dps
    • Like x 1