Whats The Worst Part of DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by neidler, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

so, youre suggesting an anti-hero faction? explain what would happen to the villain faction if they consider such an idea. would all villain players in this game be forced into becoming anti-heroes? as for myself taking a lot of pride in playing the villain side, i oppose.
    • Like x 1
  2. amazonianmale Well-Known Player

Exo hunting. And the devs not catering to celestial instead of sorcery.
  3. LisaLoeb New Player

1. Lack of truly unique content.
    2. Community
    3. Feat chasing/sp grind being luck based like styles.
    4. The loot tables......
    5. Cheap one shot mechanics and enrage timers.
    6. The controller role.
    • Like x 3
  4. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

there are so many things that i can think of, but i'll narrow it down. probably the biggest issue that i have with this game is how they constantly try to "fix" what never needs to be fixed and never fix what is actually broken. for instance, unnecessary nerfing as opposed to the bugs which cause constant lag and freezing. recently, i've heard a lot of ps4 players saying that they have worse connection problems on their ps4s than they had on their ps3s with this game. why is that even so? aside from that, this game experiences its up and down moments, but it really needs more content. i think of it this way, had they fixed what really needed to be fixed a long time ago and not tampered with truly unnecessary changes, maybe that time could've been used to expand this games content. all of the money that they make off of us, you can't tell me they don't have the funds necessary to expand their rate of dropping content. or, even when they do drop content it could be put out in larger scale. the cost to make a product is always cheaper than what it's sold for on the market, so i wouldn't believe otherwise. being premium or legendary of course has it's perks, but both should receive more bang for their bucks. we are approaching a 3 yr mark of this game's in-store release date, it should be so much more than what it is now. in all honesty, this game could really do a lot better. i'm waiting for the day that dcuo becomes a truly GREAT mmo.
  5. Ice Lantern New Player

There's nothing wrong with disliking certain aspects of games. However, there are some thing you have to expect when you play certain games. With MMO's you have to expect grinding as it's one of the defining aspects of the genre. It's like playing a fighting game and saying that you hate having to perform combos.

As for my comment, I feel that players like you help hold this game back from being great. As an MMO, DCUO is very shallow. The crafting is about as basic as it can be. There is no job system. The economy is laughable. And that is partly due to SOE catering to players like you.
    • Like x 1
  6. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Hear, hear!
  7. unstoppable New Player

absolutely agree
  8. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

The worst things?

1. The community
    2. Base items not being interactive
    3. Might not being balanced with precision
    • Like x 1
  9. KemistiOMG Committed Player

the community of elitists, i mean people are shouting for 100 and 101cr for nexus and paradox so it's amazingly hard to get in raids with CR99 and you can't get any higher if you don't do the raids
    • Like x 3
  10. WonderCleric New Player

I didn't know it was a Massively Multiplayer Online Grinding Game... yes, this is the only MMO I've played, so I wasn't familiar with the whole grinding thing. I still can dislike it -- and yes, I still do farm and mod.

I don't think so. Not wanting to have to do chores in a video game is hardly me holding the game back. If DCUO "catered" to me (by which I assume you mean a more casual player), there wouldn't be crafting at all -- or at least it wouldn't involve farming aimlessly. I don't see that as adding depth or value to the game at all... I came for the content, the story for the "DCU" part of the title. I don't want to have to do chores in my video game.

Note: I'm not opposed to working to get better. I'm not opposed to getting gear -- despite this being a superhero game -- and I'm not opposed to needing skill to play certain aspects of the game. I am opposed to the game "catering" towards those that can spend hours a day farming. I want to play the content I've payed for, but I can't because modding and all it entails takes a huge chunk of time out of what I can do in game. I simply don't have time to do that, so my ascent through the tiers is considerably slower than those who can spend more time farming.
    • Like x 6
  11. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

That's actually a funny thing about the game now: At launch, it was advertised as an action game MMO for casual players. With the advent of CR Requirements (and I understand the reasoning behind them, and the reasoning behind the grinding), content for the casual gamer (who doesn't have the enough game time to "keep up" with the new tiers) is completely inaccessible. Really - why would I buy a DLC filled with content I can't even touch?

And the people who DO have that kind of time? I can't help but wonder about their employability. Maybe this is why we're hearing about younger players on the PS4 - the kids are playing while the parents are at work. Because you know the folks who have jobs and relationships and are paying the bills don't generally have that kind of time.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheD4U New Player

Im not the type of person wants to be carried. I just want a chance to learn how to be a tank. Not get kicked because its obviously my first run, or because im not over geared. Sorry if I came off like an ***, learning to tank in pugs is frustrating.
    • Like x 2
  13. Nebula153 Well-Known Player

PVP, before, this used to be like a Street Fighter game. If you got block broken, it wouldn't determine the final outcome as much. Now with the blue immunities and the rock paper scissors mechanics being as laggy as ever, PVP just isn't fun anymore.
  14. Pharaoh Dedicated Player

I didn't read all of the posts. But mine is the lack of difference in hero and villain paths. I know its a challenge but I would play an alt if the paths had more variation in them. I think it would probably balance out the overall population.
  15. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Not enough sleep atm, but for me the combat system itself is ringing loudest in my head. I don't like the slow response times of the whole MMO lag translation (vs a more direct, limited connections game) that can really screw with all the pvp counter mechanics timing. Short version, I feel the design itself doesn't have the right environment to support the setup.

Worst thing though is taking damage from hitting a blocking player. I think, if anything, the player that fell over is already being penalized and is thus open to a counter enough as is, but that the player that successfully blocked the attack shouldn't auto-injure the offending player, but rather have some power restored to them, akin to getting a second wind.

Heck, more ways for power return are pretty much needed at this point, as , seriously, a 100 hit combo isn't enough to regenerate your power bar to full at T5. Combo vit rewards are not scaling nicely. :S
    • Like x 1
  16. SuperBell Loyal Player

Trying to get into lower tier content.

Elitists.
  17. Archangel Rafael New Player

1) weak DC lore content. sons of trigon. rainbow rings - trendy hype. current devs need to read more comics. 80 years of DC comics and we get sons of stupid trigon. who the F is trigon anyway? he gets beat up by teenagers. pa-thetic. next up is rainbow lanterns cause the X-Treme 90s was so awesme. craptastic

2) art gets weaker each dlc. story gets weaker each dlc. it's sad. DC wrote the stories for you.

3) min/maxing stat balance continues to suck. 3 battery-men + 5 dps is at once the most effective config and the lamest borezone possible.
    • Like x 2
  18. ORBIT New Player

The Community is terrible at this moment in time.

also safehouse on pvp rotation xD haha
    • Like x 1
  19. Ice Lantern New Player

I understand your views perfectly and if this wasn't an MMO, I would actually agree with them. But as it stands, players like you help ruin the game for those who wanted to play an MMO.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mary Bliss Committed Player

When I started playing in 2011 the ninja looting aswell as people getting kicked or kicking for various reasons, sort of set the tone for everything in the game.

In my league I worked as consigliere where my main job was calming our league owner when he had his daily meltdowns.

It seems people are reacting to negative experiences, taking it out on others, and creating more negativism.

Often times people have their finger on the kick button before the loading screen going on the map. Someone is going to pay and everyone on the team beating the map or not is at least going to get hated on, stressed out and possibly ruined their game.

Don't drive angry but it just seems a lot of things are set up to frustrate you, which is the actual thing I hate; that it doesn't have to be that way.

I think everyone dreams of a game where the content itself is the gameplay and you can immerse yourself, instead of loot obession and overall pityful behaviour.

... it's just not set up that way.

To me thinking loot should carry the game is quite sad and with a license like DC and the combat engine being what it is, is so very far beneath what is possible.

For it being a super hero game I don't see a lot of bravery on the development team. Where is the innovative, progressive ideas and additions.

That aside I agree with people saying mostly everything in the game could be, and should be, majorly improved.
    Gameplay functions missing in some cases, in others simple things blocking the fun.
    • Like x 1