Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

My advice: Quit being a noob brah.
  2. Hquinn121 Well-Known Player

Hey guys so I'm new to HL and I'm wondering if the traditional load out on the main page is still valid? I'm currently on t4 content and have been. Using that load out with mostly FFF combo and 1H. Should I be situationally using other combos? Like RSF or Eco or any others? Also when spamming FFF combo when should weapon attacks come in? Any help is greatly appreciated!
  3. Starbrand Dedicated Player

So, I am in Paradox, with 3 good trollers...
    I have power to waste A LOT...

What is the POWER HUNGRIER COMBRO with amazing DAMAGE out?

K007?

Any other?
  4. The God New Player

K007 with a rifle is the best one I believe.
  5. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Just wanted to say good guide. I switched to HL in hope of finally getting healer gear from paradox. It worked and I pulled off a decent HL DPS because of this guide.
  6. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

Hello, everyone. This guide has been a big help to me so far. I switched to HL dps a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying learning the powerset from a dps standpoint. So, first of all, thanks to everyone who has spent time researching, testing, and contributing to the community's knowledge of HL dps.

I do, however, have a question or two, after I give a little bit of background on my current HL situation.

I started off learning the general ranged/mid-ranged combos with rifle, i.e. RSF, FFF, WCS, SSS, K007 (not so fast/consistent with K007 yet, but I'm still practicing), and variations of those combos involving GH>Fan. I really like FFF with rifle for mid-range aoe. (1st room nexus, hallways, etc.)

But I felt my most practical single target ranged options, usually either WCS or WCS + GH>Fan (is this called CDN?) left me with a bit to be desired, so last night I started trying out 1-handed variations of the combos for better single target efficiency. So far, I like the results, and I seem to burn a bit less power using it, due to the combos being a little slower.

HERE COMES THE QUESTION:

I've been able to crossover most of the combos to 1h pretty easily, from watching video and reading on here, EXCEPT K007. I understand exactly how to do POWER ST>tap range for fan>hold range>jump while holding range>release hold for focus blast>repeat. The only part I'm having trouble with in K007 is going from POWER Fan to POWER ST quickly, immediately following the 1H focus blast.

I'm not certain, but it appears that I have to hit POWER Fan>tap range>jump>POWER ST, but the difficulty is that jump cancelling 1h range tap doesn't sit my character back down like it does with rifle grenades. Is it just that I have to clip jump with POWER ST before my toon can even really leave the ground? Otherwise, my toon does ST in the air, and I know it's wrong. I'm on a PS3 controller so it's been a bit of a challenge so far. Do I have the right idea with this combo? Or am I doing something wrong?

Otherwise, is my best 1h ranged option using WCS, tacking on GH every 2 or 3 rotations, as suggested by DarkNovaBlaze on the previous page?

Thanks everyone, I know I can be quite detailed, but I tried to make it manageable to read.
  7. SnipesSaint New Player

Is there a diff between power Fan first or power ST first? I personally prefer Power St first, easier.
  8. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

If each rotaion has 1 Power ST, 1 Construct Fan, and 1 Power fan between each focus blast I wouldn't know if there's any difference. For comparison's sake, let's say we're starting the rotation with clipping the end of a focus blast. Are you saying you do something like:

Power ST>tap for construct fan>...>Power Fan>hold range>jump while holding range>release range>repeat?

If so, my same problem then is how to quickly go from construct fan to power fan. That is, what is done during the ">...>" part? A tap range followed by a jump? Or just a jump? I'm confused simply because I'm translating directly from rifle combos, which use all range taps with jumps, but the 1h version doesn't seem to use only range holds, so directly replacing each rifle tap with a 1h range hold doesn't seem to work.

For clarification, the combo I was trying to do was the one in this video:

The combo in reference is the one where as soon as a focus blast is released, I see a Power Fan activated, and almost immediately after, a Power ST. I see his toon do a slight twitch between them, but he never seems to leave the ground. That's what I'm having trouble doing.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and reply to my questions.
  9. The God New Player

His rotation is power st>tap for construct fan>hold for focused blast(do not release hold)>jump>relase hold>power fan>tap right for 1h slash attack(not a lot of dmg but something>power st (repeat)
  10. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

Ok cool. That makes sense because I can see the 1h taps hit for mid 200's.

To get out of the power fan animation I can't just tap range, so I assume it's Power fan>tap range>jump>Power ST then, as if I was using a rifle. It's just tricky clipping the jump with Power ST so fast, considering with rifle grenades the tap range followed by a jump makes you hop and come back to the ground all at once, whereas with 1h range tap you just jump.

Thanks.
  11. Ice Lantern New Player

So sad that people are resorting to this.
  12. SnipesSaint New Player

Had the same problem way back, til i started power ST first. Problem Solved for me at least.
  13. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

I was trying it yesterday with power ST first, but then my new problem spot is transitioning from construct fan to power fan quickly. What makes that easier for you personally? You still have to follow the construct fan with a tap range, then jump, then activate power fan, correct? Or do you do something different in that part?

Not trying to beat a dead horse, I'm just determined to get this right. On the bright side, snap>fan>power fan with rifle does seem a bit easier for me.

Thanks.
  14. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

I found out that on single targets a hardlight I great.
    I can do chomppers, snap trap, strafing run,grasping hands for 4 dots
    when I used supply drop my strafing run did on the first hit 4k damage so takes some time to find the loadout that works for me
  15. OMAAR New Player

Hello everyone. How is the HL powerset fairing?
    • Like x 4
  16. The God New Player

After construct fan you are doing hold range for focused blast, not tap range. After releasing focused blast you are doing power fan>tap range>jump>power snap trap>tap range(for construct fan)>hold range(for focused blast)>jump>release hold>power fan repeat.
  17. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

When I was speaking of doing tap range after construct fan, that was in regards to SnipesSaint's suggestion of doing focus blast>Power ST>Construct Fan>Power Fan>focus blast.

Thank you for writing out each step. This confirms that I just need to get used to the speed with which I have to do the jump>power snap trap to not be jumping into the air while doing power ST. But now I can make sure I'm practicing correctly.

Much thanks.
  18. Cataclyzm New Player

Sup Omaar, hl keeps on keepin' on! You making a return to dcuo? Or just checking in? Lol
  19. OMAAR New Player

Not yet. Just checking in.
  20. Clutch Committed Player

Still top for raw damage. On USPC Some people have been requesting celestial dps though because HL's rep for being a power sponge.