$10 worth of vault tickets=terrible drops

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Vigilante, Nov 2, 2013.

1. SuperSloppsta New Player

my first response was to laugh..but then i thought about it...
    and laughed some more HAHAHAH
    • Like x 3
  2. NyteSkye New Player

Welcome, welcome one and ALL... To Joker's RRRoom of FUN! MAYHEM AND PRIZES! What will it be? Something to flatten your opponents?... Or just some useless CRAP!? Who knows? You pays your money, you takes your chances. Break the presents, and get your prizes!

[insert useless crap drops here]

That's it, games over, step along, step along, nothing to see. Get going before my good mood wears off... That means NOW!!!
    • Like x 1
  3. ItsRem Well-Known Player

lol... Everyone who disagrees with the OP is "condescending".

con•de•scend•ing (ˌkɒn dəˈsɛn dɪŋ)

adj.
    showing condescension; implying a descent from dignity or superiority; patronizing.
    [1630–40]
    con`de•scend′ing•ly, adv.

Oh the irony...

Goodbye.
    • Like x 3
  4. deltablues New Player

the vault is dead to me.
    • Like x 2
  5. Whiteroom New Player

I wonder what the conversation was like whe Vault tickerts were proposed. At least one person must have said "Who the hell woukd pay for that? Its not even worth the development cost!".
    • Like x 3
  6. The Vigilante Committed Player

No. It is not condescending that I know you are confused. Your comment simply proved you to be and I informed you that you were.

No, my posts stating that I bought them to test the drop rate does not imply that I thought it would be better and more than it implies that i thought that it would be worse. You simply misunderstood what you read and therefore made erroneous assumptions and are now feigning omniscience concerning what "compelled" me. You misunderstood. And you were in error. Nothing more nothing less.

Goodbye.
  7. The Vigilante Committed Player

Hardly. To my knowledge I only claimed that one person in this thread was being condescending and that was not because they disagreed but rather the things that they typed. That certainly does not constitute "everyone" or even most or some, only one. You are exaggerating quite a bit.

Goodbye.
  8. Captain Just New Player

You are the one that failed to see the error in your ways when you continued to pay for vault tickets as you have many times in the past as you said. I am still not confused.. you are simply reluctant to admit your stupidity. These large words you are using are just a poor attempt to impress yourself..
  9. The Vigilante Committed Player

These above statements of yours are not at all germane to the discussion that we were having. You made erroneous assumptions concerning what you read. It happens. There is no dishonor in you making a mistake. There can be, however, in how you conduct yourself after realizing that you have indeed made one.

You have lost your composure and are reacting from an emotional standpoint and not a logical one. The fact that you have to resort to juvenile insults lends credence to you being emotionally compromised.

Goodbye and good luck. I will not be responding back.
  10. The Vigilante Committed Player

As long as you posted and added to the threads visibility I am satisfied.
  11. Giggles Loyal Player

Anything that is left solely to RNG is not worth the time, effort, or money in this game. You have a better chance at winning against the house in Vegas than you do against the house in this game.

The next time you decide to throw $10 in the wind let me know. I'll give you pay pal account and I will "run" the vaults for you. ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. The Vigilante Committed Player

As long as someone reads this and is discouraged from buying vault tickets then I am content with my minimal loss.

Yes. Give me your paypal account. Password first please.;)
  13. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'm with the rest that think that the tickets should not have a better chance of gear since it'd be too Pay-to-Win.

As it stands now, purchasing a Vault Ticket increases the odds of us getting what we want since it allows us more chances to get the piece of gear we need. The issue is that the odds are so low that even increasing our chances some still make it too low to really matter.

It's just a guess, but I'd say some of the rarer pieces in the vault that everyone needs has over a 1000-1 chance, or maybe even higher. Mind you, if you bought a Vault Ticket every day the odds would be 1000-2 instead, but that's still far too low for my tastes. I'd rather they make it so there are additional Vaults, each with their own separate drop rates, and allow us to choose which set we wanna try for.
    • Like x 1
  14. Gargamond Dedicated Player

You got got (you been had).
  15. The Vigilante Committed Player

Hoodwinked. Bamboozled. I didn't land on Plymouth rock, Plymouth rock landed on me.
  16. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

What possessed you to waste actually money on the vault lol
    • Like x 1
  17. The Vigilante Committed Player

It depends on how high they increase the percentage chance. an increase to a 1 in 10 chance would matter quite a bit, a1 one in 999 chance increase not so much.

Whether they adjust the drop rates across the board, leave the odds as they are, or just for increase the odds for bought tickets, those that buy them will still have a better chance than those who don't. At least by increasing the chances on bought tickets you would be actually getting more of a value.

Even if they had separate vaults with separate drop rates someone could simply buy vault tickets and then use them on the vaults with higher chances so bought tickets would still be just as advantageous to a player as they would be if they simply increased bought ticket percentages.

Ideally the drop rates should just be increased all across the board but they don't seem to want to do that so requesting that bought ones be better, and the ensuing debate that follows, may help in motivating them to do something about it. It can't hurt. Past experience has proven, at least to me, that it takes a lot of threads and posts and negative press before they actually do something about issues, having 3 companies involved in the decision-making processes notwithstanding.
  18. The Vigilante Committed Player

Empirical data. At least in this case anyway. Prior purchases were solely because I was trying to get certain items.
  19. The Vigilante Committed Player

self-deleted (there definitely needs to be a delete post option in the forums)
  20. Cerbius New Player

Never, and I mean NEVER buy vault tickets. Not only is there barely anything of use in the vault, but what is has no chance of dropping anyways.
    • Like x 1