PvP > PvE

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Jake IX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

ehh Para does a pretty good job at being unpredictable. Sometimes it seems like it's thinking.

But in general I do agree. My problem with PVP is right now there are so many levels of doing it.

Using consumables or home turf vs not is a HUGE difference. Having expert static pulse devices going off as much as they can for a 1k no power cost ae hit + stun. Having supply drops, henchmen, accomplices. It's like playing a completely different game.

Some will say "well you could get that stuff too" point is I don't want to, and right now there's no option to queue without it, unless I go legends, which then also removes my ability to pick roles as well. Yes I could scrimmage, but then i'm just fighting the same people over and over and I have to organize it.

Give me old pvp, before home turf, before utility belts, before the consumables, and yup, I'd say PVP > PVE.

Ohh and explosive block is the most annoying thing ever. I can't say I'm a fan of whoever thought up that one. I realize the tactical advantages, but 9/10 times it's just annoying, nothing really that bad.
    • Like x 4
  2. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

man, i miss the days i would have agreed 100% with the OP, which was the first 2 and half years of the release... but now?
    nah, they've completely ruined it beyond repair.

honestly i think the one thing...the only thing i wish could be added to DC right now would be "hardcore" pvp or whatever it would be called--
    Basically give me Arena pvp with MY toon, but setup like Legends with no gear and nothing but a pvp trinket.
    i'd be queuing 24/7 again and SoE would have my sub back.
    • Like x 2
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Aye I keep hoping they'll do what they did in CoD that made me happy.

They have a "barebones" version. No kill streak bonuses. just pick your gun, perks, grenade and what not, and play the game. No MOAB on 25 kills, no drone strikes, none of that nonsense.

In DCUO it'd be removing my utility belt/consumable slots in favor of a soder and breakout that is uniform.
    • Like x 2
  4. DivineSage New Player

I agree.

Every encounter is exciting and different because there is a person on the other end trying to outsmart you.

A lot of people look at the PVP experience in this game as secondary but for me, it's the reason I even boot the game up at all.

IMO Solid PVP can retain players a lot longer then any "end game" raid content that people will just blow through within the week.

I was sad to see them say they would no longer "gear DLC towards PVP" because the ones they have done didn't do very well.

I don't think they realize what the real problem is.

Although those DLC had PVP content... I wouldn't say that it was "geared towards PVP players"
    It cheapened the PVP experience by clouding it with consumables and utility belts and other things better suited to a PVE atmosphere where balancing those items is a lot easier.

Just because a PVP DLC did poorly doesn't mean you shouldn't make them anymore... Maybe just make a better one that appeals to your PVP player base... You used to have a huge PVP population..

TLDR:
    PVP keeps me playing, but I agree that consumables and other things of that nature go completely against what a real PVP enthusiast enjoys (Skill based combat)

As long as I can continue to be effective in spite of that garbage i'll be here, but it is a bit of a sore subject.
    • Like x 3
  5. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I like both equally.
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

Keep in mind that there's a demographic that likes role-playing games. Leveling up. Getting stats. Earning gear. Earning feats. New weapons. New abilities. Obsessive completionists. Now, MMOs aren't necessarily new but it's still pretty novel that we get to take that experience to a massively multiplayer online mode. You never know what someone's home life is like. Maybe they're casual and this is just how they relax. Maybe the competitive rush is counterproductive to them unwinding for the day. Plus you have leagues. So you have friendships made online. A chance to get together and goof. A very large number of people feel self-actualized by all that.

Some of the PvE-only crowd might view PvP the same way you view PvE. It's the same handful of maps being re-run over and over and over. You're either in a good league that plays together all the time for PvP or you are probably not having a very fun PvP experience (for group matches). Maybe they're burned out. Maybe they don't like the mechanics. Maybe they feel like they can't keep up with (what they perceive as) cheeseball mechanics, exploits, and glitching players.

That's one little insight into the mentality of the PvE-only demographic. Keep in mind that your milage may vary. And, there's other demographics out there. Hard cores vs. casual. PvE vs. PvP vs. Both. Grinders vs. skippers. Newbies vs. vets. Farmers vs. economists. Etc. The tricky thing is that you run a chance of offending people if you take a simple matter of opinion and try to start making a case to tear down their preferences.
    • Like x 4
  7. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

You mixed it up. you meant pvp<pve. I find in pvp since your mostly randomly matchmaking, you rely too much on other people for the most part, and there are a LOT of bad people out there.
    Try PW :) guarantee it's not easy.
  8. Mr_Punch New Player

I like PvP more but unfortunatly with HT rent I'm forced into doing it way to much, instead of hanging out in Robs Park im doing the same PvE over & over & over & over.
  9. Jake IX New Player

randomly matchmaking? I could say the same thing for PvE content, but then you'll just tell me to find a league. So i'm gonna say it too. Find a PvP league.

They're out there.

Also, queue'ing up is to get the gear. After you've gotten the gear, there's no need to do arena's (unless you enjoy it). Open world PvP here i come !
  10. Blight KOBRA Commander

PvP is what I do when I need feats and there's nothing else to do.
    • Like x 1
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I am probably a weird one in that I like random queueing more than premades.

I've had some fun premades lately, but I still prefer going random vs random.

You could always not use home turf and really man up :D. Really though I hate HT in pvp, it's such a crutch. I refuse to put any of the trinkets on for pvp, I have them all available as I"m mainly PVE, but I feel like it's cheap.
    • Like x 2
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

lol I wish players stop sating pvp is unpredictable cause it's not, it has the same FoTM powers and weapons like PvE and you can almost be certain the next player will spam r1, so imo it's more predictable than PvE
    • Like x 1
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

So you never get countered? You're far better than I am.
  14. mgkaenzo Committed Player

So why PvP players are lots of time bad on PvE if PvE is not chalenging and why I can beast sometimes great PvP player when I never play PvP and I'm unmodded ? PvP and PvE is different but if you are a good dcuo player you should be good on both, not beast but good.
  15. Gotcha Girl Well-Known Player

Both can be very easy and both can be very challenging depending on how good your group is so I don't quite understand the statement that PvE isn't challenging but to each their own.
  16. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

PVP PVP!!! WOOOOOOOO
    • Like x 1
  17. HealerHollidae New Player

Late response lol well its more for helpingy lower geared league mates. As a healer who has a damage burn that rivals my healing in alerts I feel somewhat beastly so it's a good feeling. Plus it's much funner with your league as you joke around and show off. Just like its more fun to pvp with my league
  18. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Put it this way, many more people have gotten the epic odyssey feat than can say they beat me in a legends 1v1.

PvP against the best players will pretty much always be harder than the hardest PvE content. Why? Cause some players can be close to unbeatable once they reach a certain level of skill, the developers cannot create content that is impossible otherwise everyone would just stop playing (and even paradox is far from unbeatable and yes I have ran it).

That isn't to say PvE is easy by any means, the OC raids are challenging and were too hard for a lot of the population. Despite this, they still aren't close to being as difficult as facing the best pvp players this game has to offer.

Play me or slob in legends and see just how predictable PvP can be ;)
  19. Jake IX New Player

Put a strictly PvE player up against a strictly PvP player. Then see who wins.

I can guarantee you the PvP player will win, without a problem. In PvE, you RARELY have to block, counter, etc. It's just power spamming & button smashing.

In PvP, it's about out-smarting your (living) opponent, not some NPC.
  20. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

I beat slob in a duel and killed buzz once in 1 v 1 legends