What are your top 5 things you want fixed in DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Evil Leaper, Oct 26, 2013.

1. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

1. Make the powersets equal in terms of dpsing
    2. Make it so i dont fall through the watchtower floor XD
  2. itsaywok New Player

1. Audio drop-outs, although it is fun to make up dialogue for Ra's Al Ghul

2. Quasi-aliasing on console version. This is a problem for all console games, hopefully the PS4 can improve upon this. I have an HDTV with the Sharpness set on 1... It really shouldn't look like this. The grate floor texture in HOD is distracting.

3. Some way to fix getting booted towards the end of an instance because people don't want to roll against you. I have been kicked right before Queen Bee on T2 HIVE Moon Base more than I care to count (and this is after passing on EVERYTHING else the rest of the instance and being top-DPS).

4. The community! Specifically, the Trade chat on USPS3. I could put on some thuggy music and still not hear (see) the "N" word as much as DCUO. The toon names are out-of-control as well.

5. PvE gear's effectiveness in PvP. If this means no PvP in PvE too then definitely count me in.
    • Like x 2
  3. Rassulla New Player

That's an easy fix then, make the top tier gear purchasable from exclusive mark that you get from completing the raids.
    • Like x 2
  4. kickthetank New Player

1. The start button
    2. Audio
    - Create a league by yourself
    - Add more characters for premium (8 would be enough)
    - Make shoulder-pad styles look better on characters (looks too big to fit or they don't even touch the body)
    - Clearer definitions for each stat so people stop telling me that I need more dom than the troll to keep aggro
    - Controller role revamp so that they can do more than spam recharge and so 2 can do Power over Time.
    - Put something in the empty spaces where the broker and mail used to be.
    • Like x 2
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

First of all - that sounds true. If I could just buy lv88 stuff and Expert plans for MoRs - I'd have all of them by now and no reason to even run the T5 raids. That doesn't seem like a good thing...

However - in my experience - most people asking for ridiculously high CR, especially for T5 are the under-geared ones, expecting strong players to carry them. I've been in a failing Nexus PUG recently where people were being kicked left and right for insufficient gear - whereas the leader was himself CR86, 80SP... That same person has been calling for CR98 for Nexus and PW everyday for the past few weeks and now he's around CR93 - thanks to people who carried him through some rooms a few times. Of course - by now most villains on USPC know him and won't run with him. There are a number of players like that (every one - I'm certain - knows at least a few) and they keep calling for high CR over and over, so it looks like this is what "the community" expects.

Of course - another thing is the fact, that everyone and their mothers are wearing SoT vendor gear all of a sudden, giving them CR95+ and most of them still can't make it past the first boss in Nexus. In other words - gear isn't everything and CR is largely useless for determining player's actual combat effectiveness in T5 raids. Personally - I don't run T5 raids without at least a couple of people I know to be good at their roles.
  6. AzraelR Committed Player

I do not know if the right word would be "fix" ... but here goes:

- Option to save skill points without getting distributing (Halls Of Power DLC?)
    - Unify instances PVE heroes and villains to play together and unify Broker
    - Releasing several feats for the entire account (without paying for them, as Toyman, exos, salvaging, etc)
    - Add more hairs styles (already been asked a thousand times ... and nothing yet)
    - Add more 2 slots chars for premium, half, considering legendary is 16 slots.
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

What most ppl suggested already + a few others:

1. Promethium Lockboxes and the overwhelming trash base item drop rate
    2. The Moon PvP Arena map back on track for my feats
    3. Massive Overhaul of how Controlling works in the game
    4. Future PvE Tiers working as the PvP Tier vendor + highest gear obtainable via that vendor
    5. Not just a cheap visual update as has been done with Fire & Ice for Sorcery & Nature
    • Like x 3
  8. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Understand the following and some problems will fix themselves.

1. The Developers have lives outside the game. Even thought some players do not. Developers should be treated like parents. No, they are not at home, but that doesn't mean they aren't thinking about you. And, no, they aren't going to give you that because you'll shoot your eye out.

2. Players are not entitled to new items. They are offered under clearly defined terms. Don't complain you didn't get something because you didn't meet the criteria. Meet the criteria, and then we'll talk.

3. The squeaky wheel does not always get greased. Sometimes it gets replaced. The gaming term for this is "banned". Just because you got away with it today doesn't mean you'll get away with it tomorrow. If you won't take responsibility for your actions, someone else will.

4. Older is not wiser. Being around since Beta doesn't mean you have a clearer grasp of the situation. It just means you've been around the situation longer. And thus, many times have learned to live with it. It does not mean newer players may not have a fresh insight into the issue. Or have a new solution to an old problem.

5. Other players are not your enemy. They are your adversary. Learn the difference. Winning a PvP match doesn't make you a better person. Just like losing a piece of gear doesn't make you less of one. No one was ever placed on someone else's friends list by gloating.

6. We should not be heroes. We should not be villains. We should be players.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wilder Midnight New Player

1) correcting issues with players rolling after being revived.

2) alphabetized tabs for collections, base items, plans. the ability to "hide" unwanted plans and base items the way we can with missions.

3) better teleportation system. more options to teleport to different locations, faster cool down options.

4)reduce deserter penalty back down to 4 minutes or give players the ability to excuse themselves without it being put to a vote.

5) time to shake up the loot drops in t1-4 content again.
    • Like x 3
  10. Korvyne Committed Player

1. Cross servers or at very least factions
    2. More styles, armour and weapon.
    3. More content for all levels.
    4. Make everything more rare but once collected you won't find it again. Making everything useful.
    5. Community attitude towards running with "noobs"
  11. TuxedoFox New Player

The op said it best with his number 1. Hell, i even made an account just to chime in on it.

FIX THE SOUND BUGS! Its really my only complaint that can get me to stop playing out of frustration, i hate not being able to hear quest givers talk or even worse, completing a quest only to have a little head pop up and just mindlessly nod and move their mouth with no sound. It sucks when weapon and power sound goes out but i can deal with that, its the quests that really kill me though.
  12. AzraelR Committed Player

More:

- Stops pots overwriting. hots healers dont overwriting.
    - More walk-in instances > teleportations in HOD/WT.
    - Change deserter time for 3 or 4 min
    - Fast option for change weapon (in game) ex: 1H and one range weapon, HB.
    - Belt 87 dps with 3 trinkets and 1 consumable, not 3 consumable and just 1 trinket.
    • Like x 1
  13. BigAl Devoted Player

I think this is every players' true wish list.
  14. LV~ New Player

Forget everything else. The game would be so much better if we could fix this

ONE
    THING.
    • Like x 1
  15. Giggles Loyal Player

1) No more RNG dictating progression for us. Place all the tier sets at vendors for marks, and CR lock each set so you have to earn each and every set, the way PvP gear works currently. If we wanted to play lottery, we would go play the actual lottery.

2) Ensure the highest tier PvP gear is always better than the highest tier of PvE gear in the Arena, that also includes weapons and all the other stuff. When PvP gear is useless because it is a tier behind PvE gear, it is no fun. If they can't fix this, then ban all PvE gear, weapons, utility belts, and consumables from PvP arenas, and do the same with PvP gear in PvE raids just to be fair.

3) In PvP have everyone use the same trinkets and sodas. The same sodas, trinkets, utility belts, and all the Home Turf items. This way matches are more even and do not give those who got lucky in a raid a bigger advantage just because of luck.

4) Powers overwriting each other. It's been a problem since beta, but the devs have told us it is a tech limitation. All we can do is hope they find a work around one day.

5) Create a style vendor and let us all buy all the styles that are on random drops with MoT. This way MoT is actually useful again even if you are at the T5 level of the end game. I'm tired of feats counting toward skill points when the feats are based on pure luck. It cons ratites the idea of a skill point because the feat has nothing to do with skill.

@Devs

I mean this in the most sincere way possible. Fix this stuff soon. If you do not, it is really going to hurt this game as newer and better games start to be released. Once the PS4 is released your days as one of the only two MMOs on the playstation is numbered. No is asking to be handed anything, we are simply asking that you make the game fair for us, and show is that you value the time we are dumping into your game. RNG to dictate feats and progression, is just a slap in the face that is too hard to swallow.
    • Like x 4
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

There's absolutely nothing wrong with how trolls give power. What I would like to see is DPS's regening some of their power via weapon combos once in a while.
    • Like x 1
  17. Dump Truck New Player

1) fix the PS3 lag (in instances, loading/rendering times, using the R&D stations, enemy attacks hitting before the animation or vice versa)

2) one button loadout and gear switches (saved loadouts we can switch to for ranged/melee/power types etc) supposedly this is coming

3) Powers over writing each other. Why a fire tank's dot overwrites a fire DPS dot yet a controllers pot is not overwritten by a troller set dps popping the same move is beyond me.

4) Stop reworking existing content and just come out with more 'end game' content.

5) properly test loot tables and mechanics before release. The fact that 88cr head, shoulders and chest were non existent in the game for so long is beyond me... also the myriad of glitches (take dox for example) that were not tested before release... needs to be better addressed prior to release.
    • Like x 2
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

You're never going to fix the community. Get thousands of people together and there are going to be knuckleheads. Let's face it, in today's society you're more likely to run into a rude self absorbed thinks the world owes them a living individual than someone who's polite and willing to help. It's a by product of the ME generation unfortunately.
  19. LV~ New Player

You're right, but a man can dream.
    • Like x 2
  20. Dump Truck New Player

A sheathed sword back style