The New Loot System has Ruined the Nexus Paradox Raids!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RJTally31, Aug 30, 2013.

1. The Hornet New Player

2. Quagmire New Player

I really hope you are trolling because if not this is the stupidest post ever.
    • Like x 2
  3. Gwalir Loyal Player

While I agree that it is possible that not a single person gets something for their role in an 8-mean Instance, the odds are equally likely that more people get loot than they would have under the old system.

As IGotYA explained the system in a previous post, "everytime you go into a raid, its the same as everyone but you being loot locked from it."

Since it's that way for everybody, how is that a bad thing?
    • Like x 2
  4. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This describes it very well. Usually you would have needed to run the Raid 8 times to get the same amount of loot and the 8 different drop-lists. So it is just one run and you get loot, as if everyone else was loot-locked.
  5. Clip New Player

Sorry but this is wrong. This way deadmeat announced it. I dont say the whole loot thing is crap i dont play anymore but i dont like it that much. But beside that descripe the system how it is.
    If it is like everyone was lootlocked i would receive 2guaranteed pieces of gear with a chance for a third plus FE item. But you only get 1 guaranteed item with a chance for a second plus FE item. Crafty crafted explained it in his post quite well.

So it is like everyone is lootlocked -1guaranteed item

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ame-update-29-loot-changes-discussion.170313/

Here is the thread where he explains it
  6. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I'm not sure, if my memory is so bad, but I remember only getting one piece of gear anyway from Nexus, even before the changes.
    The first boss for example always dropped EITHER shoulders OR some pants OR a weapon, + FE and maybe a plan, which is an addition as Crafty described.

Can anyone confirm, that the drops were reduced? Because as I remember it was only one piece before aswell, except for the last boss, where additional 87 gear could drop.
  7. Clip New Player

Yeah i only talk about the last bosses of nexus or paradox- the rest dropped always one piece sure.

Here is the part of the thread crafty made

Now to get in to some of the nuts and bolts of how this works, I'll explain a more detailed approach looking at the before and after of how a player would receive loot from the final boss in the Nexus of Reality raid.

Before:

Before this game update for an entire raid there were 3 guaranteed rewards from the boss. 2 pieces of either level 86 or 87 gear or weapons, and 1 R&D item which could be either a Focusing Element or a Recovery kit.

There was a chance players could receive R&D plans, a Base Item, a utility belt, or a piece of Time Traveler's gear, but none of these drops were guaranteed, and if the boss did drop these you then had to roll against your group members to win any of these drops.

After:

With this game update, each player gets their own rolls against all these lists and anything that drops is theirs.

Each player is guaranteed a piece of loot from the boss, either a level 86 or 87 piece of gear or weapon. Instead of an entire raid fighting over 2 pieces of loot, you have 8 players receiving a their own piece of loot.

Each individual has their own roll on the other loot tables too. Each player has a chance to get their own R&D plan, or base item, or utility belt, or even a piece of Time Traveler's gear. If you get something from any of these lists, it's yours. No competing, it goes straight to your inventory. To avoid inflation of the R&D market, the Focusing Elements/Recovery Kits are no longer guaranteed, but they have a reasonable drop rate still, if anything I expect them to be more common.

Alerts and duos will function largely the same way with the exception that you won't get stuff you weren't previously able to. Duos won't start giving out Focusing elements for example.
  8. Wilder Midnight New Player

you're not supposed to control who gets what. you're the player...not the dungeon master.

all the league drama i encounter always revolve around loot. i pug into dozens of league runs and everyone is always complaining about it. i've seen it break apart dozens of groups. i've left leagues over this kind of nonsense,

this removes a players ability to blame and accuse other players of getting something they wanted while giving everyone the same equal chance and prevents those players who impose loot rules on other players from doing the famous back flip i see so often in raids.

now as for doing something to adjust the drop rate in the two raids...i can support that.
    • Like x 3
  9. IGotYA New Player

They did reduced it in nexus and wave,and they will probable reduce the loot in the lower content once they implement it.

• Like x 1
  10. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Hehehe so foolish talking he needs 2 therapists!!
  11. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Why are you under the impression that their entire business model relies on replay badges??
    • Like x 1
  12. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Look, with this new system if you got the gear for your role every time you ran that instance you would be fully geared and would have no reason to run that instance anymore. The way we have it now is to keep us from getting fully geared without having to grind a lot. I know it sucks to get gear that is not your role but think of it this way, atleast you will get the salvaging feat faster.
    • Like x 2
  13. Master Manipulator New Player

I knew there would be crying regardless....

But getting the option of group loot would be good for league runs...

However I did hear a guy in my league reset nexus and only got a base item on the final boss...

THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN
    • Like x 1
  14. Master Manipulator New Player

15. Clip New Player

First time i hear of such a drop in nexus :/
    This should be fixed asap!!!
  16. Red Hood Well-Known Player

He's most likely lying to you. He probably has unorganized inventory so he can't see any blue items he receives.
    Next time you run nexus or paradox just open up your loot log, it shows what everyone received.
  17. Gwalir Loyal Player

This is actually a glitch that's currently going on.

The way Crafty Crafter described the new system is, "The guaranteed items are gear, either weapons or armor. Focusing elements, base items, R&D Plans, those should all be tables that are in addition to the guaranteed armor/weapon drop, not instead of."
  18. Master Manipulator New Player

Maybe you should realize what's going on instead of saying my buddy is a dim wit...

This is an issue others are reporting as well...

I don't play with Dim Wit's (for the most part)
  19. willi3bx Committed Player

with the new system to me its like dcuo is ninja looting me, giving me tank gear when trolling, giving the tank healer gear and giving the healer troll gear
  20. Master Manipulator New Player

Who thought the new system was going to give you only items you needed?