Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DarkDiesra New Player

Hey guys, I want to know if there is a reason why we start off with Ram in RSF. It has pretty low damage. I have been doing some combos, but i think that power Snap Trap comboed into Fan, then power Grasping Hand comboed into Fan work better. Why do you start off with Ram? Because of the slightly lower power cost or is there something else I'm missing? Thanks
  2. Clip New Player

RSF = R-am S-naptrap F-an

But RSF isnt the top ranged option for HL. And it never was.
    And the combo you described should be CDM
  3. DarkDiesra New Player

Oh, so what is the best ranged combo? power Snaptrap > Fan > jump >repeat?
  4. Agnetta Dedicated Player

i'd say its up for debate right now. K007 is quite popular (snap trap > fan > power fan > repeat). i prefer to combine K007 with CDM (snap trap > fan > grasping hand > fan). i basically do K007 with gh thrown in occasionally for the extra dot. yea its power hungry but i still usually have lower power in than the gadgets/mental/quantum dps i play with, and my league has GREAT trolls :p
  5. Chelzoraan Active Player

what do you guys use in duos or alerts where you have no controller or a horrible controller?

what melee and ranged combo do you suggest for those situations? some of the most popular combos will drain all my power in 2 cycles and leave me spamming weapon attacks for a long time and lose dps overall.

also wanna make a general rant about the practice dummies, should be a option or something to not run out of power on them, so that we could practice or cycles without needing a personal controller...
  6. zickyjacks New Player

On the random note. I wonder after a HL dps hits a certain prec, does not having a rifle in some cases (excluding nexus/para) do well. I tried to do a test to see how a HL dps with 1470 prec and 2390 might with 86 ma would fair against another HL dps with 1200 prec and 2500 might with 83 rifle. Even with almost 270 prec over him, he still beat me.
  7. Wildfire New Player

This x 1000
    • Like x 2
  8. aganusn New Player

I have to hand it to you guys. I wanted to try light out and this is not easy. A year and 150Sp later and I feel like I just got off the Braniac ship. Thank you so much for the guide, I'll be at the dummies and doing solos until 4am lol, rinse and repeat.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zim New Player

I need an opinion here on HL. Now I am not the greatest HL dps in the land, but I think I am pretty decent. I do not pug often I mostly run with the league and we got some pretty good might based DPS. Now when I am on my HL dps and I run thru any of the T4 and under raids I am right there at the top or very close to the top of charts cause I know I can get right in there an mele. But when I run nexus or wave, I am at around 80 to 85, to 90% of what the other MIGHT based DPS's are at that I am going up against. I got an electric, fire, and quantum DPS, (no the quantum does NOT use time bomb), that blow me away in there. We seldom run two HL dps so I do not have many opportunities to measure myself to anyone else.

My question is mainly going up against might based DPS in wave and paradox. Are you finding the same thing that I am?

I am mainly running, ram whip, snap fan, or ram whip, gh fan, snap fan, at mid to mele range. And if I need to go range I am at ram snap fan, snap fan.
  10. Bishop New Player

It could be a number of things. Varying your combo frequently can hamper your DPS believe it or not. I don't mean flipping back and forth between Ram-WT/ST-Fan to ST-Fan/ST-Fan which won't do much harm. I mean changing more than a few combos contributing to an erratic power consumption, inconsistent combo timing and time lost on positioning.

I found that in Nexus it's best to stay with the same combo, depending on the situation. Unfortunately I have a bug, on PC, where I can't perform FFF at all and extremely fast repetitions of ST-Fan don't work so I find myself below top quite frequently.

Your Precision/Might balance will be completely off if you switch combos, as some have elaborated that for example FFF is better with Precision than Might however other combos don't follow suit so much. As well as this, simple things like frequent Trinket/Soder use can give you that small edge.

Considering there is so much HP in the foes in Nexus/Paradox, the small advantages can tally up to 1million+ Damage.

Bishop
  11. FeelsGood New Player

So i temporary came back to HL and doing some re-learning of combos.

SnapTrap to Fan seems appears to be timing sensitive.
  12. SnipesSaint New Player

Speaking of trinkets and soders, usually what kind of consumables you guys used? i barely use any just mostly cc trinket and home turf trinkets.
  13. Zpred Dedicated Player

I use flex soda expert, fos trinket, orbital strike and either back up or supply drop fully ugraded of course, oh and personal dampering field expert.
  14. Agnetta Dedicated Player

i'd suggest using a combo like Dianna WD's for range.. its basically CDM mixed with K007 with spikequake thrown in for an extra dot
    (not my video)

• Like x 2
  15. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

There is a new HL "glitch". That is all.
  16. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

Dianna WD OR whomever posted that video.

Looks very nice. Wonder if we could pull it off as fast on PS3 (or at least close)

I know the combo's for CDM and K007. However could you please give a little extra insight into the best way to "mix" them. The logic and order you use? The same on how you use SpikeQuake. Obviously it's all about keeping up the DOTs, however any extra information (maybe a list, order you try to pull off the combos) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks All!!

Also, how you'd use if 1) There are more than (1) Lex grouped together or 2) When there's just one and you want to burn TRUE single Target.

And as always, if I missed this information in the thread, my apologies.

-Zurr
  17. Agnetta Dedicated Player

ive been practicing it on ps3. GH ticks 8 times so you dont have to use it every single rotation. you can see Dianna WD is mostly doing K007 with GH thrown in ocasionally. you could do: (ST > fan > power fan > GH > fan > power fan> repeat) or just do an extra rotation or 2 of K007 before using GH, i think thats what Dianna WD is doing. once you get used it its not too hard.

spikequake has a small dot like ST and GH but it ticks 12 times. its a short animation already but you can see Dianna clips it with karmic hex. its a 35% modifier so its probably best to use a 50% like power fan or ST before and after spikequake.
    • Like x 1
  18. Clip New Player

Someone said this a few weeks ago but to be honest i never heard or saw any of it ingame so i doubt there is a new one out
  19. Clip New Player

Looks good, but your trolls are amazing :)
    Wish i had some like these in my league.
  20. Agnetta Dedicated Player

thats not me but yea the trolls in my league can sustain this rotation too lol