Plasmic aura

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Clip, Aug 13, 2013.

1. BlueVariable Committed Player

All kinds of "ifs" and "should haves" here, and I think the overall picture that the devs/ marketing should be taking away from this thread, is that the majority are unhappy with how this was handled. Like TKM mentioned, even the people who spent more than $20 and did get the aura, will probably feel buyers remorse.

I love this game. I really do, it is one of my all time favorite games. I knew it would be before I even started playing the beta. It's everything I want in not just an MMO, or a superhero video game, but video games in general.

The fact that this was more disappointing for me as a consumer than anything else I might have experienced, is a bad sign. Yes, we tend to dwell on the negative experiences more than the positive.
    If nothing else, I believe that the devs, while possibly not recooping anyone their losses, should somehow make this up to the players, especially those of us legendaries who already shell out so much money anyway, in a way that at least expresses their gratitude for our continuing support of their game.

I'm not talking about a cute trinket item that turns into cake or a ball, but something, not spectacular or overvalued, just simply worth the trade of having been disappointed with this sale. Hell, to be honest, even a letter or response here commenting on what they thought would be a good idea but realize that it was a poor choice, would be almost sufficient for me.
    • Like x 3
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

If they fill the marketplace up with 20 different animated auras, that would be the best win / win response you could have.
    The marketplace's potential is totally under utilized... give us stuff - lots and lots of stuff.
    • Like x 2
  3. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Silly me I bought 2 boxes yea there some useful stuff in them but the main reason I bought them was for the aura and I didn't get it so I'm having to take time I could be using to enjoy the game to run around like a mad man trying to get the money to buy in the broker so I don't fell so stupid for buying the boxes to get something that if truth be told they would have sold in the market place for $20.00 I would have bought it and been happy with spending the money to get what I want .
    • Like x 2
  4. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

Yep, several pages later and I'm still disgusted and still being ducked.

I hope you guys are able to sleep at night knowing that you're nickel and dime'ing the same people who've supported ya'll for the past two years. Lord knows why you can't treat we the customers with the dignity and respect we deserve. Instead, you're pushing gamble boxes down our throats to nickel and dime us even more.

INB4 "It's a business"

My response - Learn business ethics and quit using gambling as your business strategy.

ps. On an unrelated note, why do you bother keeping Weapon Respec tokens in the Marketplace? They're entirely useless and leads me to believe that you leave them up in hopes that newer players buy them without knowing they can respec for other weapons in game. If that's the case, again learn business ethics, and apply them.
    • Like x 3
  5. Playhard Well-Known Player

States make millions off of suckers with the lottery. They just implemented the same thing here. They are the absolute kings of used cars sales. I actually applaud their sheer arrogance. They know they'll make bank and that even though they'll piss off people, their bottom line won't suffer. With the DLC just around the corner that will spike their revenue, do you really think they care if they anger some players? LOL...
    • Like x 1
  6. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I can't believe that with all the threads complaining about the lousy randoms in this game, they want to sell us a chance at something.
    No thank you. Not wasting my money on a chance. No way no how.
    The only time I usually win loot is if everyone (myself included) passed on it. Like, a Flash Museum Ticket. Collected it months ago. Got 3 in inventory that I just haven't gotten around to trashing. Win another that I passed on to fill up my inventory slots. woo hoo. yay. I won a roll. But, when that piece of controller gear I need drops, the other controller or a dps wins it every stinking time. $20? No. No. No. No. No. $0.25? Maybe, but probably not. Not for a CHANCE.

This promotion, more than anything else the devs could ever do, proves that they are tired of their jobs and want us to all quit playing so that they can collect unemployment.
    • Like x 2
  7. Redpocalypse New Player

I found everything in the booster box to be useful. I use replay badges, r&d scanners, radar scanners, the occasional vault ticket, and...well, I admit the repair bot wasn't that useful. Nonetheless I found the whole set a great deal. The aura was simply icing on the cake. I didn't buy the box for the aura, I bought it for the savings on the supplies.
    • Like x 2
  8. Newtech Bat New Player

if it were a 50/50 chance, i might go for it, MIGHT, keyword MIGHT but if its less than 50% then forget about it. i want everyone to think about it, we are paying 20 dollars for a 15% chance of getting access to a special collection of numbers that show an animation. i can understand paying $10 for a DLC cause that's extra functions and maps, stuff that you interact with. this, we are giving up 2 DLC's and getting a 15% (its really 14.28% but whatever) chance at getting an animation that floats around your character. what the hell? i mean if you really want that and your just that stinking rich then hey, that's your problem, not mine.
    • Like x 1
  9. Nodens Dedicated Player

I've spent a LOT of money in the marketplace, maxing out inventory and bank slots, buying styles, Legendary characters, etc... but the Booster kit seemed kind of risky, considering that it's 20 bucks and only offers a CHANCE of containing the only thing I wanted from it (the Plasmic aura). -but I figured what the heck, a lot of people claimed to receive a plasmic aura on the first try. ...So, I bought a Booster kit, hoping for the new aura, but got a dark blue one instead. (I already have all the normal auras on my main, and my alts have the only ones I care to give them). ...F***. -Bought a second one because everybody in my league swore they were getting the new aura right away. ...and got a blue aura. Sonofa*****!!! ok, I figure, third time's got to be the charm, even tho no aura is worth 60 bucks. ..And now I have a purple to add to the others. 60 bucks for crap. Thanks, SOE! You've just seen to it that I won't be spending any more money in your marketplace. Hope the immediate cash makes up for all the dough you'll never be getting from me again.
    • Like x 2
  10. Zpred Dedicated Player

Although the bundle is a good deal over all in the long run with the items you recieve, I just wish they put the aura on the market place as 1 item, I have wayyyyy too many scanners replays ect from all the previous sales we had. Although its a good overall deal, most of the player base are getting the bundle for the chance of the aura, the rest of the bundle is just the icing on the cake imo, an there's no way I'm gonna pay ridiculous prices on the broker for just an aura.

I'm gonna wait till its either moved to the lockbox or vault or even market place to get it, if they don't do that il just go with out. There's no problem I can still play the game :D
  11. BlueVariable Committed Player

Honestly I can see why the devs thought this would be a good deal. Put in supplies at a higher value, for a lower cost, and add a little something extra which may or may not turn up in the green for the player.

It sounds great on paper yes, but the fact is the aura for the majority was the reason for purchasing it, and only a small percentage of people would have possibly considered the bundle without the aura for the savings on the supplies. That's great, for the people that want or need those supplies.

The larger percent of people as we can see, didn't care about the supplies, and actually considered "those" the icing on the cake. "Oh, I will probably get a new aura type AND those extras? Well I don't really need any of that stuff, but I guess as long as I got the aura, it would be worth it."

Most of us are not seeing this as the great value in savings the devs thought it would be, because we didn't care about the items that we were saving on in the first place.

Think of it like this.
    You go into a dollar store and they are having an offer.
    You get 30 items for $20. At a dollar store that's normally a $30 value at a cheaper cost. Most of these items, are dollar items. Stuff you could really care less about. Hair clips, a small mirror, a brush, some paper plates, twist sticks, grab bag of candy, and so on.
    Normally you would look at all this stuff and say to yourself, "Eh....it's stuff I don't really need. I mean, great value and all, if I cared much about the items being offered."
    But there is a special. If you purchase this "bundle" of stuff, you also get a raffle ticket that puts you in a lottery for a chance to win an awesome piece of outdoor furniture. You see that they have tons of these pieces of furniture and you figure your odds aren't too bad so why not?

You buy the value bundle, and lose. You do not get the only thing you really wanted. Now your stuck $30 worth of dollar value items of which you barely care about. The grab bag of candy is nice, since you figure there might be something in there you like. Nope, nothing in there you really wanted.

Now imagine you're that person who spent $200 trying to win just one piece of that furniture and end up losing each time. That's $300 worth of stuff you didn't really want or care about. Then a dude walks by with a ticket after just one sale and says, "Oh hey! I won! Nice, I got an awesome piece of furniture...I think I'll sell it."

Sure, seemed like a good deal, but chances are, most people aren't going to care about the $30 worth of dollar items they just purchased.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dump Truck New Player

You have a 1 in 8 chance of getting it.

If it was guaranteed I would buy it.
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I think you should have a 80% or higher chance to get the plasmic aura I bought two boxes and didn't get one and there are pe who bought more then that and still didn't get it .
  14. TheMarvel New Player

I appreciate the notion, but all that does is really tick off the 20%

SOE going with a 'pay for a chance at a stye' was poor.

If they were more considered about this there would have been 4 new ones and you had a shot at 1 of the 4. Plasmic, Cosmic, Digital and Vapor, for instance. Sales would have been off the chain, players could trade as desired.
    • Like x 3
  15. BlueVariable Committed Player

So would that chance have had to have been either 1 of the 4 new auras but still with the possibility of getting a currently existing aura, or a chance to "just" get 1 of the 4, so that no matter how many times you played you could "only" get a new aura? To be honest if it was either of those, and the odds were just better in general that you were getting a new aura based off the inclusion of four rather than one, I would be more than happy with that.
    Having only released one new aura, packaged in a lottery chance with low odds, and the fact that it would be sold in the broker by players who got the aura, for "game cash" rather than the "real cash" we spent on the SC to get it in the first place, really sours the deal.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheMarvel New Player

Just 1 of 4 (new). Everyone wins. No repeats of existing auras.
  17. OG ELITE Committed Player

come on mepps really? yeah its a good deal but you know all to well 90% of the people buying it want that aura and that's the only reason they buy it.
    • Like x 1
  18. BlueVariable Committed Player

That would be something worth the money I spent, and even if I didn't get the specific aura I wanted, I still got a newly released aura that would make the purchase worth something.
  19. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Agreed. This would have sold me.
    • Like x 3
  20. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

repeats wouldn't matter if they could be traded in the brokers...