I've officially heard it all after playing last night.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FESTER665, May 23, 2013.

1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I recently just switched to an ice tank to help out the league some since you can always find a good DPS. After switching and running BIA I feel like I am getting back into the swing of tanking after not doing it for 2 years...

So I decide to PuG a T5 alert and have a guy start talking to me about being an ice tank. I was told the following:

"Ice tanks are okay, but they have a slow aggro versus a fire tank. Think about it which would make you more mad, holding a flame under your arm or putting an ice cube on your arm? You should've gone fire for the instant aggro instead." After talking more to the guy he was being DEAD serious too... SMH.

This even tops the "dom totally affects aggro" line that I have to debunk on a weekly basis. LOL

Where do people come up with this stuff ?!?!?!?!
    • Like x 5
  2. Toofunn New Player

They try to apply real world logic to a game. Blame final fantasies elemental wheel weakness system
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Where does this leave Earth then ??? I think I'd rather have a lighter on my arm then a boulder on my head, so is Earth the fastest aggro ??? LOL
  4. 13igtyme Devoted Player

What about being smashed with a rock. That would piss someone off the most. :)
    • Like x 5
  5. Snow New Player

That guy who told you that is Pure BS.
    • Like x 1
  6. Infernale New Player

Last time I checked, that's actually true.

Fire has a "snap" style of aggro that gains aggro instantly, and ice has some kind of an aggro multiplier where it builds faster than other players.
  7. FESTER665 Devoted Player

See, where was this ever listed by the developers ???
  8. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Nope. All powers in tank role for all power sets apply area taunt on cast.
  9. FrostyMagma New Player

it used to be snap agro but all tanks have snap agro now so they just need to brush up on the new ish
  10. Liam Solo New Player

It hasn't been that way for a Very Very long time.
  11. Corrupted Ertai New Player

This reminds me of the players who say that reflection is intended to run for the entire duration regardless of damage in. They think it's a timed shield that has no cap on damage absorption and the reason it goes down early is because its bugged.

True story I heard from an ice tank that was CR 94. Yeah. Someone direct me to the intelligent players line please. This one must be for nachos or something.
    • Like x 1
  12. Phil Miller Committed Player

Some people just cant grasp the concept of a "hate table".
  13. Aiden Warren New Player

He's bored in his life. lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

That guy is clueless.
  15. FrostyMagma New Player

16. Cryotkj New Player

Wrooooooong
  17. YodaDog New Player

idk, someone puttin an ice cube under my arm would piss me off pretty bad.. XD
    • Like x 1
  18. Infernale New Player

So at worst, the guy was referring to outdated information - not just making something up.
    • Like x 1
  19. MattMinus New Player

Why do people who have no concept of how tanks work feel so confident being dead wrong about it?

I don't know how many times I hear "tank screwed up and lost agro" whenever a boss uses one of his agro ignoring moves. This is almost always followed by someone claiming "No, the tank didn't screw up, my controller just has so much dom that he keeps stealing agro from the tank."
    • Like x 5
  20. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

Duh!
    • Like x 1