Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. blklightning New Player

People like to factor in the Focused Restoration IV neck mod, but it's only really that number when the resto has been applied once every 10 seconds. If you're constantly under fire, that number is meaningless.

Are you also remembering to include the 78 Item Level rings that can be modded?

My resto is currently 2727. That's w/ 2 pc's of t5 modded w/ V's, and the rest are 81-83 modded w/ III's. I have 2 rings as well. Yeah, I've never figured how people get so high. I do only have 77 SP though, at my 93CR.
  2. Zeikial Committed Player

It is funny how healers now a days use the focus resto mod in with their stats, its like they cant read. Once you get hit that 192 resto is gone, then it will reaply after 10 sec. This new t5 stuff I swear I am being hit every 10 sec, plus with certain ads just focused on healers kind of makes that mod obsolete. With that said my resto as I look at it right now is 3086, with cola buff 3288, plus trink, 3720, I am using fortified blocking mod in my neck, something useful that doesn't disappear after being hit, side note I do have a dual wield, level 83 that will put my resto to 3104, but its hard keeping up the hit counter with dual wields, so I stick to my bow
  3. iBehemoth New Player

That makes more sense then. My healer only has 55 SP so I'm probably missing around 200resto right there. Most of its gear is unmodded since I'm still working at a full 81-83 set. So that's another 170-180 I'm missing without the mods. Then the new gear would make up the next 200-300 and put it at around 2700 like you. So it makes sense now, but you weren't the only person I've seen say they had 3000+ resto so I was confused especially after I saw the max was just over 3000. Fair enough, I didn't know people took into account the neck mod but it makes sense because you should be able to land an attack every 10 seconds easily.
  4. blklightning New Player

It's not that we can land an attack every 10 seconds. The neck boosts our resto by 192 UNTIL we are hit by an attack. The boost applies itself once every 10 seconds. So... I'd guess that if I'm hit on second 6 that I lose the bonus and have 4 more seconds before it's reapllied. But, if I'm taking hits at least once every 10 seconds, then the boost is almost constantly gone and cannot be relied upon.

I ran the ops w/ the blocking mod, then ran them again with the neck mod. Boy, did I miss the blocking mod. I went back to it quickly.
  5. 13igtyme Devoted Player

They neck last 11 seconds and reapplies every 10. Look under the current effects and you'll see the 11 seconds.
  6. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I have a question about healing NPCs....specifically Dr Fate - can it be done with electric healing?

I've been pugging into Wayward Souls lately, and have had him die on at least one occasion. As I'm usually a controller, I've never really paid that much attention to Dr Fate - other than stunning anything in his vicinity.

I was thinking Galvanize would do the trick....but I'm not sure if it's working or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  7. blklightning New Player

Dr. Fate causes you to be very power hungry, as your ally heals only work a fraction on him as compared to reality. You want to use your "ally" heals: Arc Lightning, Electrogenesis, and Galvanize.

Galvanize does a pretty good number on him, I think. Ideally, you want to run with a tank who understands crowd control. I run an Earth tank and i would use Totem, just for that bit. It was a guaranteed double knockdown. The, it was Shards to keep pushing them back, and weapon moves that CC the adds as well. If no tank, then the controller should be running crowd control.

I've found that it's MUCH harder to keep Dr. Fate alive in a 2x DPS group than a 1tank/1DPS group.
    • Like x 1
  8. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Cheers mate - much appreciated.

In at least one instance it was me, a tank and two DPS - think we just got through by the skin of our teeth that time.
  9. blklightning New Player

Even w/o power, there's much a tank can do. Crowd Control from weapon combos can be very effective.
  10. Quagmire New Player

people count the resto boost you get from the Boost 2 Home turf mod that adds 192 resto i think it is(as long as you dont get hit)
  11. The Saiyan New Player

I know this has become quite the Healer guide, but I've been really working on a max damage loadout and I've found a good rotation. Figured I would post it for those dps that do stop through the guide. From left to right : static push, electrostatic bom , attract, electrocute, voltaic bolt, and wired. I start out with wired to electrify adds, then go static push to polarize then immediately cast electrocute bomb. Then I think the biggest help to the loadout is attract, it has a long animation yes, but you can cancel the entire animation from the beginning with another power. So i usually just throw attract in front of electrocute after push and bomb. Then I attract to voltaic right after. With most adds I can get another attract, bomb off right before static push is ready again. On single targets just use the same rotation minus bolt, or you can switch out for e burst or bolt barrage for clipping.
    • Like x 1
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Saiyan, that's a good build. I've used similar. Currently, I've gone to a polarized build with good results. Never used a pure polarized build til now, TBH. My loadout is: Wired (for the buff), Attract, Spark Barrage, Static Push, Electrostatic Bomb, Electrocute. For large mobs and for bosses, I go with SP>EB>EC. SP and EB are really quick casts, so you can get all three off in short order. For single targets or during CD of the former, I do weapon combo/Attract/SB with Wired thrown in there when up. I was using ESPD consumables in an electification build (because Wired is not reliable, Tesla Ball is too slow, and Tesla Blast is single target), but I got tired of having to make them. SP is a good AoE polarized applier (we need one of those for electrified--I'm looking at you Spark Barrage!).
  13. The Saiyan New Player

Spark barrage would be a nice electrify pi, i agree I don't necessarily like wired but it's a nice little buff and I agree tesla ball is way to slow. I've really come to like attract for the sheer fact as soon as you cast it, you can inst ccast something else.
  14. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

Has ne 1 tried electro burstW/ consumables in new T5 content. It worked well for me T4 conten so I was wondering if u can pull off same good resuluts in T5 content. Havent did T5 Raids yet or alert on my healer but Iv been following ppl conversations and fraustrations with keepn HoT on both tanks. I was thinkin y nt EG cilp consumable ebust then Roll out or flip out w/Rilfe/DP combo and use Ionicdrain, instant heals as needed and weapon combos for till EG cools off and rinse repeat. Can you do this with the tradtional "hit em from the back method" or do the Bosses use too much AOE's to make this possible?
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

You could try it. I have not. The bosses in the T5 raids are pretty lethal. As a squishy healer type, the last thing I want to do is lunge into the boss, even to place EG on the tank (I don't use it anymore). Honestly, most of the DPS are even keeping their distance from the bosses in the T5 raids. Might be viable in the Ops, though.
  16. Deus Ex Tempestas New Player

You know what I like about us guys? (the ppl who use electricity) Is that most of us agree on what electricity needs in its revamp, the only bad thing is that the electric revamp will come in many more months :(
  17. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

Wats ur method 4 healing ops and new Raids ? TOday bout be my 1st day runnin. Might be wit league cuz ppl keep shoutn 4 non electric healers :-(
  18. blklightning New Player

That's because the electric healers they're getting don't understand the powerset enough. Remander and I have slightly different opinions on what works in the raids, but we do both know the ins and outs of elec.

Ideally, you want big burst heals with fast cast times. HoT (EG) is out of the question, as the heals are too small and the danger to cast is too high. PI healing (wired/consumable & electroburst) is time consuming and dangerous yet again. PI healing is great when you have adds all over and can use the team, via Wired, to electrify them and then create a great burst heal/HoT with eBurst. With just a single boss in the room, eBurst isn't a viable option.

Remander will tell you surge, cap, glav, arc, flux, GT. I'm trying to figure out a way to work Ionic in there, but not sure I'll be able to make it work, due to the long cast time. The problem is mostly the one shots that happen. There's just nothing that can be done. Or, that damage is coming so quickly, that Ionic isn't viable, unless it's used to clip a burst heal.

Electric is a great healing set and should do well in the rights... with the right users.
  19. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

Thanx for reply I guesse I'll take EG off. Sum reason it feels strange W/O EG few weeks ago if ne tld me after T5 i'll prob b running W/o EG and mayb nt Ionic :-( drain I woulda lost my mind laughed hystrically like joker yelling random crazy stuff like "no way wheres the balloon I dnt see rain lies lies I'm superman.. who' s that , see what, say wat" w/ more Joker laugher which I did do after reading every ones post here for 1st time bout elec healing T5 :-(
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, blklightning listed my current loadout. Have successfully healed both T5 Ops, as well as part of Nexus (didn't fail, but stopped before the end due to time). He gets credit for getting Group Transducer on there, though. :D