Just Some Suggestions on how to pass T5 Raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Epic Wins, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epic Wins New Player

1) If your 2nd role is TANK, DPS in TANK role with Core Strength mod. You will lose 10% damage but you wont die as easily. Do not get dom,USE YOUR DPS GEAR, Max your crit chance, crit damage and might (or precision if you are pricsion based) then health/def.

2) If you have group shields and Group shield supercharges use them even if you are dpsing ( 1 shield power in your loadout wont effect you damage out too badly and it allows you to pick up your teammates more efficiently). healers and trolls should already be running with shields (including self shield EXCEPT hard light shield, it's garbage)

3) Max out the innates that only take 3 skill points so you can have enough to get your main stats and >>>>DEFENSE/HEALTH<<<<. If you really need extra might/resto/vit/precision/health or dom then make soders.

4) Everyone must be able to Hear what is being SPOKEN. One person should narrate what will be done and where the group needs to go.

5) Have a descent tank that is not hitting SQUARE button on the bosses and is instead blocking or pulling then blocking.

6) Lastly Inspect people to make sure they have descent gear at the beginning of the raid.
  2. NexGen New Player

Mostly great points, but not #1. That is likely one of the worst suggestions ever in the history of advice.
    • Like x 10
  3. Epic Wins New Player

I match T4 dps when i'm dpsing in tank role with core-strength on and all MIGHT, crit chance/crit attack damage innates. they beat me by 50k-90k not too big of a difference.
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think he's mainly talking about pulling aggro.
    • Like x 1
  5. Epic Wins New Player

you need dom to pull agro from tank. T5 raids requires 850 dom which you wont have unless you are wearing tank gear and speced into dom which you shouldn't while dpsing in tank role....
  6. NexGen New Player

No, I'm not just talking about pulling aggro, and no...dom has no effect on aggro at all. I'm talking about the buns damage that will happen as well.

If you're beating dps in tank stance no matter how you're specced, the "dps" should delete their toon.

There is no merit whatsoever to be a pretend dps in tank stance, and this is not a viable t5 strategy to winning. This is advice on how to fail.

Besides the horrible damage these hybrid tank roled dps will do, they will get one shot endlessly because they will pull aggro with any move they do, and not have the defenses of a tank to withstand it. Further, you'll screw up the actual tanks and their plans. This is just bad advice any which way you consider it, but hey, go ahead and wipe your team.
    • Like x 16
  7. Epic Wins New Player

You're entitled to your opinion. I dps in tank role and with T4 DPS gear on/ DPS innates and Core Strength mod which is the SAME as dpsing in DPS role with NO core strengths mod. The only difference is I get Tank buffs and can survive better than the other dps (trading in 10% damage for a way higher chance of survival) .If you play ps3 server i'll show you what i can do as a DPS in tank role with Core-strength.

Bottom Line: DPS in Tank Role with Core Strength > Dps in DPS role WITHOUT Core Strength
  8. NexGen New Player

Yeah, except for that whole damage modifier that you don't get at all. A dps will pop a 50-60% damage bonus move while you're rocking 0% with your core strength. Good job bro, keep it up.
    • Like x 6
  9. Lamar New Player

he hasnt done t5 raids yet, go in there with dps gear on if you want 2
    • Like x 1
  10. Epic Wins New Player

I''m not going to argue with you, just run a raid with me tomorrow so i can take a screen shot of the results and post it in this thread. Anytime after 5 pm eastern time. In game name Epic Wins Hero Ps3.

I didn''t tell anyone to run as a dps with tank GEAR, i said run in TANK role with DPS gear/innates. NO DOM
  11. NexGen New Player

Lol as if dom had anything to do with it.

I'll sweeten the deal...you run with my guys this week - something easy like gates is fine - I bet both our dps do more than double your scorecard numbers. 5 mil for each dps that doesn't at least double your damage, so if you have more than half, you'll get 10 mil max.

I'll even dps personally on my 88cr that hasnt touched the new dlc yet. It will amuse me.
  12. LightEmUp New Player

DO IT! lol... worst advice in history of dcuo... ya dmg modifiers dont matter for dps they only add 35 to 60% extra dmg to EVERY power you use as dps... lol wow... id love to prove ya wrong im on usps3 get me in dat raid lololol
  13. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Dominance is not used in getting aggro. This has been said numerous times by the Devs (Tunso specifically) and player testing has proved it. The Tank role inheritly pulls adds more hate to the hate table than any other class and thusly anyone in Tank stance will get aggro more often than other classes. Running in DPS gear in Tank role doesn't stop this.
  14. Breedin Bull New Player

15. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

DPS'ing in Tank stance with the Core Strength mod is not the same as DPS'ing in DPS stance with no Core Strength mod. This is because in DPS stance you get % buffs based on the powers you cast. For instance a Fire DPS gets a 50% buff when they cast Inferno. A Fire Tank does not get this % buff when they cast Inferno.

This is why DPS should always be the highest damage out when running any content.
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

You keep bringing up DOM but it has nothing to do with aggro, your powers do while in tank role.... If you're in tank role every move will change the aggro around. Pretty dumb when the tank is trying to keep the aggro.

If you want to tank then tank, but don't be in tank stance when you have actual tanks trying to keep the aggro on them. You standing back DPS'ing in tank stance is bad for all involved and even remotely close to you when your power pulls all the aggro in yours / their direction.
  17. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I hope he takes this bet. I've ran with your DPS in the past when they rolled with The Rebels. They are all very good.
    • Like x 1
  18. Madholm New Player

Hahaha.

I thought there was going to be some good raid tips in here.
    • Like x 1
  19. Liam Solo New Player

I swear Dominace is the most misunderstood stat in this game.

Hopefully people will read this thread and come away with some knowledge about what to do and not to do.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lightful New Player

To the OP,

Not very helpful advice in my opinion.

I appreciate you for trying to help though.

- Thanks for reading.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.