plans for the year

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nadeemew, Mar 16, 2024.

1. nadeemew Active Player

I've been thinking and I even miss Mepps a little lol
    I remember earlier at the beginning of the year the developers posted on the forum their plans for the year for 4 quarters, and at least we knew what to expect, why did they stop doing this this year? Are you really that lazy?
    • Like x 1
  2. BƖack Dedicated Player

It is obvious. There is no basis for presenting their plan.

The plan will be the same as always, i.e.:

1. More Time Capsules & Booster Budles to milk from you people.
    2. More Seasonal events + ridiculously expensive items (Don't worry to get more marks and speed up the entire farming process, you can always visit in-game marketplace and purcharse additional marks with DBC to milk you even more.)
    3. And the most important. Milk DCUO players as much as possible for other EG7 games developement.
    • Like x 18
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm hearing this a lot, and I'm curious as to where people are getting that idea. Got a link?
    • Like x 1
  4. nadeemew Active Player

i told STOP BUY BOOSTER BUNDLE but every1 still buy...hate this...
    • Like x 2
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

↑ This ↑
    • Like x 3
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

T
    The CEO says it in an EG7 investor meeting.
    • Like x 6
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

False. The EG7 investor meeting presented all their games would be available to play over the next year. DCUO was shown to be the most profitable but also one of the more volatile as far as profits and player retention. Slipped schedules due to staff exits also impacted their decision to prioritize this game less, but nothing was said about milking players for as much profit as possible. That is a player interpretation based on costs of items being higher than the player-base feels they should be.

My concern is this: What if the game was on the edge of losing its license, and all the fearmongering that is occurring here on the forums causes more players to quit and fewer new players to stay? What if it is the actions of the vocal minority here that causes this game to fade from existence? Is that what you and others here want?

I'm not saying frustrations about the silence from staff are not warranted, but the negative assumptions running rampant about the state of the game only feed the fire to make those assumptions come true. For those of us who love the game, we should be trying to show that the game can be prosperous by bringing more players into the game, not driving them away! Only if the game seems successful will the higher-ups find it worth saving, bring in better developers and hopefully better decisions for the future, etc.
    • Like x 2
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It comes from an EG7 video where they presented their plans to investors.

In short no major investment for DCUO... and they would use their $$$ to finance some other project.

There was some mention in some article about a $30M investment for a new game with Cold Iron Studios.
    There was some rumors of a Everquest 3.
    But other info says that it will be some sort of Shooter game.

So that is why people say that DCUO is milking the players and using the $$$ to finance other games.
    • Like x 5
  9. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

The plan for 2024 is to soak the customer base for as much as possible while letting the lease on the DCUO servers run out; or that's how it appears.
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There would be less fear mongering if there was active communication from the developers. We're almost into the second quarter of 2024 and haven't seen a roadmap for the year. It's hard to stay optimistic for the future of this game when the developers lack any kind of transparency.

I could never in good conscience recommend this game to anyone in the state that it is now. Permanent bugs, abandoned features, gameplay imbalances, cash grabs, zero communication, staffing issues, divided community, gold bots spamming the chat, cheating and players complacent with cheating, delayed content... EG7 was supposed to save this game not damn it.
    • Like x 11
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I could be mistaken, but I thought the EG7 rep used the word "reinvest." When talking about DCUO and it's current state, with income, that they didn't plan to reinvest that money (from the players) back into the game (DCUO). Not sure, but if that's the word he used, it becomes more clear that the money from this game is going elsewhere.
    • Like x 5
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya, the lack of communication (except to warn players on the forums and delete threads/comments) is extremely unbecoming. Even when Mepps was having his times where he didn't communicate much, he still communicated more than what we currently receive.
    • Like x 10
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

That's the thing - I've watched that video, and nowhere does he say that the money from DCUO is being siphoned off to other games. In fact he sys "We're not pulling money out [of DCUO]". He does say no MAJOR investment, but an example he gave was "remastering DCUO" - which would be a major undertaking. He doesn't say "no money for DCUO" or "no large investment" - he says no major investment. Which, from the example he gave, means things that would take up the majority of the resources of the studio for a long period of time (and require a huge cash injection).

Is this something people have assumed, and it's just been repeated over and over until people think it's true? Like, you know, Dom affecting Aggro.
    • Like x 2
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

First.... No.

Do not blame the players,

With no Leadership.... and even worse..... No Communication..... You cannot start blaming the players.
    The lack of Leadership and Communication is what led us here..... NOT the players or supposed fearmongering.

As for the higher-ups saving the game......
    higher-ups usually are thinking on a different level and may have other concerns or agendas then what people would expect.

Let me tell you about a little company that you might know of.....

Marvel Comics.

At some point Marvel Comics hired a new Editor in Chief.
    Then the new EiC hired a bunch of staff that was missing.... or to replace some of the staff that left with the change in EiC.

But....... the mandate they gave their new EiC was crystal clear....
    He had to manage the decline until they would pull the plug.
    They told him he could do whatever he wanted.... as long as he did not lose money until they would pull the plug.

But.... the new EiC had other plans.....
    He rolled his sleeves and not only made the company profitable....
    he turned it into a Juggernaut that made money hand over fist.

How did Marvel reward their new EiC??

They fired him.

They they sold the company.

Wether it was profitable or not..... they had NO intention to keep the company.

Their plan A was to just pull the plug.
    Their plan B once the company was profitable was to sell it.

But either way..... they had No intention to keep the company.

So yes...... we can hope that EG7 will decide to keep DCUO going for the next 50 years.

But what we DO see..... does not suggest that.
    No major investment
    Radio Silence
    Barely mentioned in some of the latest reports
    Less and less content as time goes by
    Aggressive monetization since we got the last DLC (20 BBs with Shaded Comic.... Wolfpack) that some sees as DCUO milking the players as much as possible before pulling the plug

Only one of those things would not be an issue by itself.

But.....

If you put All of those things together....... it does not look good.

Look at other games that had a similar pattern
    Marvel heroes
    Marvel Avengers
    Those games are gone now.

Heck look at other games like
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Pretty clear that this game is in maintenance mode....
    probably until they pull the plug once the New Amazon Lord of the Rings MMO is released.

Heck..... they had announced a LotRO Remaster.... then they later cancelled it.

Does that sound familiar??

We seem to be following a very similar trajectory then LotRO with DCUO.

Sometimes it is kind of hard to look at something we love objectively.
    A good trick is to look at something else that is similar.

In this case LotRO.
    Look objectively at what is going on with LotRO.....
    Then look at DCUO the same objective way.

LotRO is a good comparison with DCUO.... and sadly..... it is clear to pretty much everyone that LotRO is in Maintenance Mode until Amazon is ready to launch their Amazon Lord of the Ring Online MMO.

Hope to be wrong......

Might post more a bit later..... but will have to go get my Tin Foil hat first. ;) :)
    • Like x 9
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

As bad as communication was before.....
    It never was as bad as what it is now. :oops: :oops:
    • Like x 7
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I think it's justifiable to blame players for spreading misinformation. There are a lot of things being said about the investment presentation that are blatantly false, and I feel those should be addressed. That's also being brought up by Great Architect. I think many of the threads/posts taken down for talking about that presentation are being taken down for that reason and not because they are about the presentation. Misinformation is dangerous at many levels.
    • Like x 2
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Riddle me this.....

They did announce a $30M investment with Cold Iron Studios to make a new game.

Where do you think that $30M comes from???
    The tooth fairy??? :confused: :confused:

Let me rephrase.....

Since DCUO is the top earner..... since DCUO brings LOTs of $$$ to EG7......
    Where do you think that $30M comes from???

;) ;)
    • Like x 4
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You don't fight Misinformation with Censorship.

You fight Misinformation with Information.

When you need to resort to Censorship......... it is never good.
    Makes it look like you have something to hide.
    • Like x 10
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I agree with all frustrations surrounding lack of communication. Failure to communicate always causes issues, no matter where it occurs.
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You don't find it suspicious that they're censoring people rather than clarifying "misinformation"?
    • Like x 13