Quality of life update: Teleporters between episode open worlds

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Dec 31, 2022.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Would it be possible in the future to be able to teleport *directly* from Central City Starro Deluge Zone to Titans Island, or from Atlantis to Chaos Gotham? Patchwork Themyscira to 31st Century New Earth? Thanagar to BOP: Metropolis?

Since the House of Legends update there has been a weekly tradition (perhaps more often if players do this on alt characters) on most servers for groups to farm all bounties from open worlds, namely from T5 upwards (some also do Doomed Metropolis and Earth 3 also). These groups could be through LFG or friends/league.

This could either be a teleport in each open world that allows you to teleport to any open world like in House of Legends, or at least the next episode's open world.

It would also be great if crashes (more so on console) would be resolved during the end of load screens. (I do have a bug thread active in the bug section of the forums) But having a quality of life update like this would mean less teleports (and subsequently less load screens) to go through as you cut out going between House Of Legends/HQ/Base while going to each episode open world. And maybe a lesser chance of crashes occurring as you aren't in load screens as much.

Thoughts?
    • Like x 7
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Just to emphasise this is an idea at this stage (apologies for not stating 'idea' in the thread title).
  3. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

• Like x 1
  4. Prindacerk Committed Player

Problem is that you would then tie up Episodes from one to another. Then someone else will complain they can't jump from one episode to an episode further along (like Atlantis to Death Metal Washington for example).

My suggestion is that you get the Teleporter amenity from Marketplace (sale right now). Then once you finish the bounty on one episode, instantly teleport to your base. Then use the teleporter there to go to the next stop. Sure it sounds similar to HoL. But it won't be as crowded and you have more control on where you go. And less hassle with different teleporters taking you to different places.
    • Like x 1
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

How freaking hard is it to map-teleport to one of your bases and then teleport via Urgent Warfronts? That takes, what, an entire two seconds and two whole clicks? Literally.
    • Like x 2
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

how about a teleporter consumable? like the portable work station, mainframe bot, repair bot, only you get to use your base teleporter from wherever you pop it? teleporter bot. might be easier to implement. might not be. dunno.
  7. Prindacerk Committed Player

You would need about 10 consumables per t5/t6 bounty run. Devs will be making money like it's Christmas.
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

It's less load screens to deal with. Will be a significant quality of life update for consoles who have the chance of crashing at the end of a load screen. It would also be faster for the group farming bounties.

Yes, the crashing should be resolved - but having less load screens to deal with from the get-go reduces the chance of crashes occurring while players run their weekly bounties. Maybe a less noticeable update for PC players but it would still be faster and more game time and less load screens.
    • Like x 1
  10. Prindacerk Committed Player

They didn't put the global Teleporter that we have in HoL in Watchtower. Instead they have teleporters for each instance for some of the instances. Then we have individual teleporters for Metro/Gotham etc. I'm assuming a global teleporter like HoL is quite complicated to be implemented that way which is why they gave the amenity and Urgent Warfronts base.

I just don't think all teleporters in episodes should become like HoL because then HoL becomes pointless. I'd rather they focus on fixing the crashes and many other stuff than spending time trying to get all teleporters to behave the same way as HoL.
  11. KidKretz Committed Player

wasn't sure to create a new thread or rez this one, but after doing todays bounty train, i too think it would be nice to have. (oh and i decided to rez this one instead of create a new)

now that the players have established a solid t5/t6 bounty method, making it pretty much a weekly meta, accommodating that play style would be very much appreciated and i hope the devs could make something like this a possibilty to teleport from one dlc to another in the same way that the rotating bosses in open worlds give us the option to teleport directly to the next bounty would be awesome!
    • Like x 1
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

• Like x 2
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

It literally doesn’t take 2 second and 2 clicks it literally takes more. The word literally has a very specific meaning and does not apply to what you said.

Click map… scroll to find the base you which takes several clicks of the d pad, ……click the base you’re going to, … wait on load time depending on your console or pc…. Get to your teleporter… scroll down to urgent warfonts, … click on urgent war front, … scrolls urgent warfronts… find and click the dlc you want to teleport to. (9 steps 2 load screens)

Literally taking more than 2 clicks and literally taking more than 2 seconds..

If you had a personal boom tube trinket that acted as the house of legends dlc teleporter.

If it’s not already in your trinket slot… click inventory… scroll and find trinket… click on trinket to place on your trinket slot… click to use trinket… scroll and find the tier the dlc is under you want to teleport to.. click on it and scroll to find the open work you want to go to, … click on it….wait for load screen… your there… (8 steps 1 load screen)

It saves you one step and an entire extra load screen… did anyone say it was hard? No.. that’s why it’s called “quality of life” makes things easier …

Not every idea has to be crapped on or belittled.
    • Like x 1
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

Personal teleporter request…turn the consumable into a purchasable personal teleporter…just like the broker request (and personal workstation).

I think The Monitor is capable of transporting us from zone to zone when we request it…
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

They should make this an omnibus reward :D

For every omnibus raid you run you get teleporter tickets that when consumed open the teleporter menu to let you go to your chosen location :D :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

F
    Feel free to bump it :D
    • Like x 1
  17. Prindacerk Committed Player

Having experienced this now since my last reply, I agree with this. A Boom Tube trinket would be handy than having teleporters from one episode to another.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My guess would be it might be too cumbersome to have in a menu. I get your desire for this, just not sure how it would work as a pop up menu.

Personally I quit going to the HOL and Orray. I have a base where I keep the teleporter directly across form the entrance, and warp there, then use urgent warfront. It's a touch quicker to load and execute (HOL is sometimes very slow to load in) and I don't end up with that thing happening where when you zoom up to fast on the Orray and press circle, it warps you back to rally vs bringing up the console.

What...no one else has had that happen? Just me?
    • Like x 1
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

a) you're commenting on a post that's over a year old.

b) perhaps you should consider switching to a PC and keyboard. On that, it takes me one key on my keyboard to press -- "m" for "map" -- then a point-and--mouse-click on to open the Warp menu, a mouse click on my chosen Lair, and from my Lair, a second key -- "k" -- to open my Teleporter and I then point and mouse-click on my chosen Urgent Warfront, and I'm there.

Two key presses and, yes, you've caught me, three whole clicks, not two.

This makes all the difference.

Do you need pictures or video?
    • Like x 3
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Is it point AND click…or point, THEN click? :) :p