I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Maybe devs can make a change in open world bounties.
    Tier 5 and below.

Add 20 more cr stat levels or reset bounties daily or reduce the cost of replay badges reset and to reset with Fate tokens.
    (Fate tokens to be used to unlock feats and styles of older content)
    That could help make it more active to farm source marks.
    • Like x 2
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

No, that's the definition of practice, or exercise. The actual definition of insanity is much more applicable to anti-clamp arguments. :)

3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Wait... Are you suggesting that people.... spend... replay badges on.... *gasp*.... older content???!! :eek:

:D
  4. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Something else to use fate tokens on, reset older bounties, styles and feats, also reduce the cost of the bounties resets.
    When something is old and not active nomore it eventually becomes cheaper. Like dcuo is like in a way PS1 is still 300$
    Maybe devs can make older content cheaper. Such as feat unlocks 1, 2 and 3 fate tokens and styles, I don't know the replay cost on all of them but can use fate tokens to unlock styles from older episodes and non episodes content..
    And tier 5 and below open world bounties.
    I don't know do people still use replay badges on new episodes? I think using many alts is more useful to run the content to get rare drops.
    • Like x 1
  5. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

There is no actual true definition to anything much in this world as to what people decide on what things are, as to exclude the knowledge that exists before our time. As to what anything actually truly means. Such as there is no sin, no good or evil, we somehow exist and do as we do,but as for laws and power and control to prevent all the evil, that I can go with.
    But true definition to insanity actually doesn't exist other than what man decides what it means.
    But Albert Einstein means that as to our humanity and as to the life cycle of the universe.
    • Like x 1
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

All words mean what Man decides they mean. Literally literally.
  7. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Definitions only apply to language, so if humanity decided what "insanity" means, then that is the "true definition" of it.

Lol... No, he doesn't. Did you read that in one of his books, or did you just see a meme on the internet? :)

[IMG]
  8. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Id go way back in time and change alot of it. Lol. Especially 1776.
  9. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

I read his books and especially how how he comes up with that when you leave earth and travel fast or so about a year or something, many years went by on earth and only a couple years went by for you outside of earth.
    I like Nikola Tesla more.

Yea, he does. His theory on time travel and gravity space.
  10. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... You're clearly a scholar. Which of his works was that in? :D

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the fake insanity quote, which makes no sense and which he never said, because he was a smart man. The thing is people like to use his name, because they think that dumb things they say will seem smarter, if they pretend they're quoting a genius. And most people only know about Einstein or his work from memes or cartoons, so they'll believe anything.
  11. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Many of his works "was one of the most significant scientific geniuses of the 20th century. His theories helped scientists break through some of the barriers to our understanding the physical world and the universe. He also contributed greatly to the philosophy of science. Is it any wonder, therefore, that the quote, “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results” is attributed to him?"

You get it yet? The instantly that is going on here?
    Ppl here arguing over and over again.
    Lol it's a joke of the arguments here lol.

Never a scholar, more so just being of existence and not follow any knowledge of humanity that doesn't include the universe.
    Maybe a jew but no, just am and the unknowing, enjoying arguments and humor of escalating them to ppl.
    But not in a toxic or mean way, it's just for fun so argue away, just here for laughs. Am not taking anyone serious and the wrong ways unless they are seriously toxic and really being dumb over this game.
    • Like x 1
  12. the solowing Unwavering Player

Dead Open worlds were always an issue, content that takes months to develop isnt something that should be thrown away when it stops being current. It takes months to create content, that players will eat through within 24 hours. Best use of the content is to add it into rotation with the rest of the content to pad out the content and try to keep it relevant in some way.

Now if they want a unclamped version, i realistically see them treating content the same way as the Quirk vendor. Give almost no reward and the rewards are going to require thousands of marks to get anything.

Is anyone here wanting to go the GTAO route, where this game becomes a second job?
  13. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly.. and those of that are done or get done quickly, with the feats, will be stuck with nothing but more work.. because those vendirs will have stuff we reaally want lol
    • Like x 1
  14. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

1) That describes everything.... Do you keep every newspaper you ever bought?
    They are inherently going to become less populated as the mass of end game players moves on to the next DLCs.

2) HAVING OW CLAMPED IS WHAT MAKES THEM IRRELEVENT
    When you aren't clamped, you are free to do old content at your leisure... You can go in there just for the fun of it.... You are more prone to go in there just to help other players... who are at level and trying to do feats.

It's always about the reward with you...

Rewards also make them relevent.... Stop trying to put stipulations on them.
    • Like x 1
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... The next line on the page you googled says:

"Alas, Buzzkillers, quotes like this seem to attach themselves to Einstein at the speed of light, and there’s no evidence he ever said it. (By the way, two other brainiacs and quote attractors, Ben Franklin and Mark Twain, are also credited with coining this idea.)"

There's no need to pretend, like you've read Albert Einstein, which you obviously haven't and you're just using a bad old meme. I understood your "joke" and I made a better one. If you do the same thing over and over again, you're going to get different results, because you get better at that thing - like going to the gym and doing the same exercise over and over, or practicing a musical instrument and playing the same song or scale over and over - that's how you get better results over time. You get it yet? Probably not...
  16. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Yes we do get better results, but as here on forums, they haven't. And attach themselves like the speed of light. That's a good one, I like that.
    I've read his books, but I like Nikola Tesla a lot more, and I read some on Brian Hunter and favorite one of his is Evolve and Eckhart Tolle on The Power of Now. And the book I'm honestly concerned on is Behold the Pale Horse.
    Books on ancient societies and aliens and reptilians human race.
    I'm in Houston and some things are very inevitable here and I've had some of "mandatory" time to read a number of books. I honestly say I was unhealthy in this game in the last and really pushed myself to take a long break and improve myself.
    More so, yes I was a "pretend" back then on this game when arguing with ppl. Lol.
    I was toxic back then. Now I just making humor here and being positive and not be toxic to ppl here.
    And no bot google, from a book I have. Lol.
    I have to say, your argument is a lot more intellectual and intelligent than most ppl here, makes me wish you was on here back then around 2014-2017. Some very toxic ppl you would have really shut them down embarrassingly.
    • Like x 1
  17. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

He does have a good point, I remember solowing from Spytle Era.

At least devs can make the reset cost in tier 5 and below open world cheaper, as well as styles and feat unlocks on old episodes and classic game content and option to use fate tokens to reset.
    It's like still keeping PS1 at 300$.
    Or remove the source marks from latest episodes and increase the amount in all other content.
    Such raids to give 15 and alerts to give 8, duos 4 and solos 2.
    So that way the ques might be smoother and also on double source marks episodes spotlight ques just might be smoother.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes. We should also put a limit on replays so people won't be 'done' with instances in a week too. I'd wager it takes more time to develop and balance an instance than it does the OW.

The game is going to be 13 years old. We spent months and months in each OW area, working on things that were designed to take MONTHS to finish to keep us busy. You believe that players, starting 13 years later, should be expected to spend that time...even half that time as we did? And that's not even assuming that MOST players who were around for some of that busy work knocked it out in massive phases where things were done as fast OR FASTER than you'd do it solo prior to the clamp.

All this so people can have a feeling that all that OW busy work is still 'relevant'....sheesh. The current DLC busy work is 'relevant'....maybe the last DLC if you are just over the current CR minimum. Everything else is just marks farming.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And even for someone who DOES keep old newspapers....are you reading the 'coming soon' movies section....or just the headlines/Front page?

I hear that upcoming 'The Phantom Menace' movie is going to be FIRE!
    • Like x 2
  20. the solowing Unwavering Player

The months and months comment is just hyperbole. It never took months and months to gear up. ( Getting to end game CR would take about two days tops) and may take months and months to get the achievement points. But that's a part of the grind and well that's to be expected.

I don't really understand how people want an MMO mode. That is more single player than MMO. There's content built for the single player experience. But People are arguing for the group content to be made Solo friendly And unfortunately, you are playing the wrong kind of game For that