Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

Today is one of those days, look there's only 4 people online

I[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Which is good... You shouldn't take me too seriously....We're arguing about a video game.

But, I wonder.... What narratives do you believe I keep moving?

At least I don't just make THINGS[edit] up..

Like this:

Oh, it's very enlightening. Apparently DCUO has 0 active players on most days except for some days, when 3000 log in all at once - all because of the clamp. A reliable source says so.

At no point did anyone ever suggest that the game had 0 active players..... or that the source was unquestionably reliable...

But... that narrative won't just be moved... It will be completely made up... so you can pat yourselves on the back for proving the thing that you made up isn't reality....

No emotion necessary.
    • Like x 3
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yup. That checks out.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

You can't even use your source when it alleges the population activity is absolute zero, at that point it has no credibility and must be discarded. However, you have chosen not to discard it and continue to insist on its relevancy to the argument when it has none.

When presented with other data, that even your original source told you to use, you continue to challenge the validity of that data because it no longer fits your desired narrative that the 'population has fallen off a cliff'.

In your classic "moving of narratives" then told me that I should just believe you, because you say so, or tell me "how many people must complain before I believe you"...

The trouble here is that you don't want to accept you're wrong, you won't accept it because accepting you're wrong or at the very least accepting there's no negative fall out from the clamp renders your argument for its removal pointless.

The only one making up narratives here, unfortunately, is you, because you so desperately want the clamp changed or removed you'll cherry pick any piece of data to drive this particular narrative, then insult and belittle anyone who proves what you've said to be wrong, to the extent that this is now your second account here following a permanent suspension.

You have to start following proper logic and drawing reasonable conclusions, using proper data and posting in a way that isn't just an emotional rant reminding people of the academic decathlon scene in Billy Madison where Billy tries to bluff his way through the industrial revolution by calling it the puppy that lost its way.
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

As already pointed out... numerous times... It is used because very little other sources exist...

NO ONE SAW THE 0 AS THE ACTUAL NUMBER.... Just a rough sign that there was a change....

Wasn't I quoting you when I used the phrase "fallen off a cliff"????!!!
    Edit: Your quote -
    What you can see is that the population drops off a cliff in October

THERE IS NEGATIVE FALL OUT FROM IT.

Much like how we know the 0 wasn't the real number as we know for a fact that we were playing..... I have seen too many people leave because of the clamp to say that there is no negative fall out.

Sure the developers might not see it as one as the money schemes created as a need to compensate for the clamp (which before the clamp progress was relatively free... augs and arts, not so much) bring in more money.

50 people paying for progress, to them, would beat 100 people progressing for free.

That's just not true.... I don't belittle or insult anyone for having an opinion different than mine.... and I never mind being proven wrong... when that actually happens.

And, yes.... I find your "Proves what you said to be wrong" hiiiiiiiighly biased and a distorted version of what transpired.

I never insult anyone for the sake of insulting them.... They usually earn it.

Hell.... How many insults did DS throw at me right off the bat in this thread?
    • Like x 3
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ooo this is a funny one. A few things.

You say 0 is not an actual number but just a sign that there was a change. How do you know this? If it was recorded as 0 it means that it’s an invalid input. What proof do you have that 0 means to low to verify? I’ve asked you this many times yet you refuse to show any proof that 0 = any number below a certain threshold. Without any verifiable data that number has to be treated an invalid and removed.

Every other month before and after these invalid inputs ALL show a number higher than that pre clamp. All numbers before what Multiverse claimed to be the post clamp mass exist showed numbers between 2900 and 3000. All number that were recorded post clamp show a number between 3300 and 3600. Magically every number post clamp fluctuated month to much by such a degree that it dipped below 2000? 2000 being the lowest recorded number shown on YOUR chart. So you are saying that every other month over 1300 players left the game and came back the next month?

The subscriptions shown in that very same page however kept increasing every single month.

What is more likely? Data that is manually inputed is just invalid or over 1300 players leaving and returning every other month?
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just as I thought.
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Is zero an actual number? Jiminy Crickets, it's philosophy 101 all over again.

Best break out the Buckminster Fuller.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

There probably was a "change". Considering that - as I've shown in previous posts - at the same exact time dozens of unrelated games show a drastic drop in player numbers on mmo-population.com graphs, from which they never recovered, and that all those numbers are based on Reddit subscriber data, there likely was a Reddit update in August 2021, that changed how it handles certain user data, which in turn affected "magic number" calculations automatically performed by mmo-population.com.

Although it's probably equally likely, that whoever runs mmo-populations.com screwed something up at that time and never fixed it, because nobody in their right mind pays attention to numbers on that site anyway, so why bother?
    • Like x 1
  12. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

• Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

You're again wrong. I refer you to the Steam data, which is the reliable data that we have.

June 2021 - 497.00 (average player count)
    July 2021 - 481.4
    Aug 2021 - 589.6 - clamp introduction
    Sep 2021 - 662.8
    Oct 2021 - 586.1 - THIS IS WHERE YOU ALLEGE IT DROPPED TO ZERO OR NEAR ZERO - SEE THAT ITS NOT ZERO, ITS HIGHER THAN THE MONTH BEFORE THE CLAMP
    Nov 2021 - 510.1
    Average Player count over period - 554.5

There was no drop off caused by the clamp, it's right in plain sight for you to see!

Let's look at a few months, well before the clamp was introduced, you know when you claim people still loved the game....

June 2020 - 549.2
    July 2020 - 503.4
    August 2020 - 600.5
    September 2020 - 506.3
    October 2020 - 513.7
    November 2020 - 482.1
    Average Player count over period - 525.87

There were periods of time before the clamp where player numbers were up and down and there's periods of time after the clamp where player numbers are up and down, but typically speaking the average number of players on this game has pretty consistently been between 400-700~

In fact if we go back and look through the timings the clamp has had basically zero impact because all of the fluctuations either up or down correlate with other things going on in game such as whether a DLC is very old and dwindling or whether a DLC has just been launched sparking returning interest.

It is very clear from the data that there is a pretty consistent core base of players playing this game religiously and the clamp has not deterred them, no matter what you have to say about it.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

• Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, I mean attempting to use reddit as a source of data in which to start drawing numbers and creating graphs has to literally be the dumbest thing I've ever heard, it just reeks of unreliability.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok...well now, THAT I will call BS on. Unless you are queuing duos mainly. This ep's reg raid has been a bugger to get in via queue unless maybe you only try Thursday night. I can't say for omni runs, as I haven't been running them....but I know my attempts to get SGR to populate via queue (and therefore via Omni) came up dry in recent attempts.

Unless you make a VERY slow cup of coffee?
    • Like x 2
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Is it reliable? Is it accurate?

How do they collect data?

Are those numbers the actual numbers of DCUO players.... or are they the numbers of Steam members playing DCUO?

I'm not using steam... If I were to leave the game... Steam wouldn't know.

Sure, we could say that the numbers in that one group of players hasn't changed... which could be used a model that the greater number hasn't changed... but, there is an inherent connection between gaming dorks who would use Steam and gaming dorks who play DCUO.

The average player wouldn't be counted.
    • Like x 1
  18. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Is your kitchen in the next county over?
    • Like x 3
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Clearly photoshopped lol.
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

But instead you're trusting the graph on a website that just told you not to trust their graph and instead to trust the data I gave you, you're a lost cause.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.