TIL: The Clamp clamps your stats more the higher your CR is

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryazan, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Lost Connection Active Player

They do based on previous posts stating their intent. But, sure let's see if they reiterate it.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...and the 'MORE' would be the piercing you'd get from all those +'s. SP, Artis, Augs, Buffs (a % at least)....whatever. I'll even say maybe elite or OP gear counts for more than regular gear (as those pieces carry more stats AND CR). CR should be a flat exchange. If you enter T1 content that's capped at 88 and your CR is 89, your stats should be the same as if you enter that same content and your CR is 389...assuming none of those other factors are in play for the example.

We can go round and round on this. None of the posts ever said exactly how it works, and you can interpret it how you want. How it's always sounded to me is CR is a flat exchange....a cap set by the content by tier. Everything else is the icing on top that helps you go higher than that. It's why it's still worth getting your augs, artis and SP up if you play EEG...but if you can off-set that by also increasing CR, it kind of negates some of the gains made by those piercings, which seems counter-productive.

Maybe a green name can chime in and say if this is by design or a mis-interpretation by either side of the discussion.
    • Like x 5
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

if there is a actual bug happening in the scaling it for sure should be looked into. the dlc did launch yesterday I don't doubt there are issues with it. even with how much better these roll out have gotten with out actual internal testing its got to be hard to catch them all..

and we all know WE are the actual testers in this game when everything goes live
    • Like x 1
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

The original intention of the post was only showing and demonstrating that increasing our CR stat is lowering our other stats when clamped for some reason, as I believed that if your CR was above a certain number, it should have no impact in your EEG stats. But it is having an impact, and the further I look into this, the bigger that impact is looking, up to the point it even is making the SP increase of new episodes released become irrelevant, meaning that there is no stat progression outside of the 3 latest episodes or worse still, regression.
    • Like x 3
  5. Lost Connection Active Player

I get the intention, however, there may be a penalization based on the lack of maxing out the other stats from other sources..eg, sp, arts, augs..etc.

Unless you maxed out those stats, you may be experiencing a small stat reduction based on a CR level comparatively where the other sources should be at compared to that CR level. It is a theory based on previous posts by the Devs indicating its intent to make those sources matter more....however, I will stipulate and withhold that theory until it is verified by self test, or through a Dev response.
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I sorely doubt there will be any kind of response from a Dev or other employee as threads involving the subject matter of the stat clamp are ignored. I can post the secret recipe of KFC in this thread and it would go unacknowledged.

plain flour, salt, dried thyme, dried basil, dried oregano, celery salt, black pepper, dried mustard, paprika, garlic salt, ground ginger, ground white pepper, buttermilk, egg and chicken
    • Like x 2
  7. Lost Connection Active Player

I am away from my system at the moment...I do have those other sources maxed out. Maybe another with maxed out primary stats (might, prec, vit,..etc.) with access to previous gear will be kind enough to test to see if there is a small penalization of CR stat comparatively when adding to CR with current DLC gear.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I do have those other sources maxed out as well. Just remember that CR is different from Equipped CR.

Also, to anyone else willing to also test:

Do remember that this episode has an elite face gear in the vendor that has a white mod slot. Not every episode has gear with face mod slots, so do make sure to test a "before and an after" with that white mod equipped in both cases, or unequipped in both cases.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure why they'd need 'maxed out' stats. As long as the applied stats/buffs don't change between sample A and sample B, and only CR changes (having older gear shouldn't matter either...the CR that it's based off of is the toon CR, not the gear CR...as I understand it), that's all the test should need. Someone who is at 300 SP total, should be able to see a bit of progress if they go to 310 or 320. It shouldn't take a toon with 500+ SP to max the applicable stat before any results are impactful. And again, if they haven't hit the threshold where 'piercing' starts coming through (whatever that is), why wouldn't it just be a 0 net stat change with +1 CR?

Maxing your SP/artis/augs should be icing....not the cake.
    • Like x 4
  10. Lost Connection Active Player

Hmm...but, your op said you have 340 in might, which isn't a maxed out stat, unless you added more to max it out after your initial finding. This also could be dictated by total SP amount as well. What are your arts? Are they focused on might as well? Your augs too?
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Careful...you don't want this guy paying you a visit.:eek:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

MEOW! …. I mean YIKES!
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Can I get exact amounts? I always liked their ratio of herbs and spices. :cool:
    • Like x 2
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I have added to it after the initial finding, and noted on much might I ended up with at CR399 with 355SP put in.

I'm pinned down atm doing bounties, but already increased my CR to 400 since then, so I can test and compare as soon as this is over.

Edit

Forgot to add in, I'm using Source Shard, Quislet and MERCY. All augments are might based.
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Under threat of a spray bottle, I can’t divulge anything further.
    • Like x 1
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Alright, I poured 5 lbs of each in the bathtub, when do I get in?
    • Like x 5
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not sure you've contemplated the next part....about the boiling fryer grease.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  18. Lost Connection Active Player

Of course, but they wanted those to matter more..meaning that it may be the intention as to where SP should be compared to where CR is..therefore penalizing a certain percentage for those under that threshold where ever that might be. It may have finally started registering as we are 2 years in the clamp and the significant jump in CR and stat progression since then..However, it could also be a bug. The real way to test would be to have someone with maxed out primary SP, and stat focused Arts and Augs to test with access to previous DLC gear to test any changes to those stats when adding higher CR level gear. If the change still occurs making the stat lower than in the previous DLC gear, so be it...it can be added to the bug forum.

What's the worse that can happen? It being announced as not a bug and working as intended?
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Is it only useless when you feel superior to the other?
    Never said it was an anti-clamp thread. Just said it’s another stat clamp thread. The wording can mean either pro or anti.
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You should have waited till I responded to you if you wanted to throw my name out there. So first of all, I could care less if stats clamp goes or stays. I don’t have a problem with stats clamp or have any play issues. My only issue is the same responses as to why anti clamp needs to go despite numerous responses from dev and adjustments. Second of all you like to think of me as a hardcore pro clamper. Not a pro stats clamper but a hardcore one. Hyperbole much??

Third, just from my innocent and mildly humor it seems I upsetted the OP and others in this thread. But go on. Feel free to state I’m useless.
    • Like x 1