DCUO Development Update - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

This right here is why I'd never bother laying out a roadmap again. Once a feature is ready to go, hype it up. But if you have a plan for something that doesn't work out (WHICH HAPPENS TO EVERYONE IN LIFE, IN BUSINESS OR NOT) people get mad about it. So, people are either mad because you don't tell them things or mad because a plan doesn't work out. So, in essence, as a community manager, I'd just be posting "Die mad" every day. I don't know how Mepps stays anything approaching sane.
    • Like x 2
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

While I know this wasn’t directed towards me, I do believe that the marketplace is extremely underused (in terms of cosmetics). Cosmetics in MMOs do tend to be hot sellers which draw in a huge amount of income. Even in non-mmos. Dcuo has a big issue that the devs feel everything has to have a feat attached to it. So it leans towards cosmetics being placed in areas where feats are gained.

Mounts tend to be the best selling items. Dcuo doesn’t have mount but they could have very easily extended the movement styles greatly and place them all in the market place.
    Outfit sets are high sellers that are normally in market places. Dcuo however puts them in TCs/vendors/random drops.
    Going off of outfits, materials could’ve been high sells in the market place too.

Another issue to the lack of (valuable) marketplace items is that dcuo has fallen into a pricing mess. Most games have cosmetic cost $10+ with premium shiny items being $20+ and those items are also only for the character that the player bought them from. In dcuo the pricing pattern has made it so that if any items does get dropped players complain until item price is lowered and the item can be claimed on all toons. Between the players only accepting low cost items in the marketplace and expecting them to be account bound, there is no reason for them to add items to the market place. I sadly believe that if they had a more properly set up market place, TC items would’ve been place in there instead and feats wouldn’t have been attached to them. But oh well lol
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Cause you crying all the time and making cap lock post along with going out of your way to add gifs doesn’t make you look desperate lol

And yes you’re still wrong, yet clueless about it. You can literally max out arts without spending a penny. You can greatly increase speed of this by membership. You just have to not do what you do and arts are super easy to level lol
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No.
    • Like x 1
  5. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

I just wanted to insert a break in the back-and-forth and thank you for this. I started with LoS and as a newbie didn't realise the roto-boss system had been used before. I still like it - maybe imprinted, lol. But I would not mind seeing something like it again. I think it's better than Legion of Doom world for a start. People were pleading for a group to go to Grodd or Cheetah instead of the Giganta/Manta/Giganta/Manta thing (that is still) going.

My way of dealing with the Nth metal save vs spend is to set a savings total, then anything past that can be used. I have 1.2mil, at 1.5 if they haven't announced a week I will be using anything earned over that cap. YMMV.
  6. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I don't mind paying for my entertainment...

I understand that time is money... I spend time on this game... I don't mind spending money.

I do draw a line when I feel like I'm being fleeced as opposed to getting my money's worth.

I don't mind paying for various skins on CoD. I know what I want.. and I pay for it.
    Here?... It's mostly you pay for a chance to get what you want.

As far as arts go... It's not even cosmetic. It is kinda paying for progresss...

And yeah....
    As much as a brain-damaged cheerleader tries to deny it.... These do cost money.
  7. Eve YouTuber

Hmm, I don't think that they don't care. I think that there aren't any vocal Devs like Oceans, Charon, Megzilla, etc. It has a lot of factors to why they won't communicate. Or some are too shy to even get on a stream. I can say that Mepps (Even though he is just the Community Manager) has been very cool with community stuff and even joined my stream with boss spawns to celebrate the game's 12th Anniversary. He carried Extra Life in 2022 aswell. I think even he is limited with what he can do. Something also tells me it might come from higher ups telling them to participate less, too. I'm not sure. Easy to say they don't care when we don't know what is happening behind the scenes.
    • Like x 3
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Dam really? Was that confirmed? Honestly this is such a letdown i wonder where all the money goes
    • Like x 1
  9. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Awww... The "Me no likey your writing style" doesn't hide the fact that this is just an evasion and admission of failure.

Seriously... How many people do you think really buys this "Arts don't cost a thing" bit??
    [IMG]

LOOK!! It's a picture.... You gonna cry about that, too??

OH NOES!! I wrote "LOOK!" in all caps.... Baby's gonna need a tissue, now!
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

They honestly have to step it up here a bit. I get they had the pandemic (so did other game developers), I get the Marvel game was cancelled and who knows if that set them back some and I get a lot of their staff left the company but if all they have to offer are new emotes that will probably be sold from Booster Bundles and will be tied to feats then yeah no hard pass no to this year. They got to give us an update on what's going on with graphics, PS5/Xbox Series X upgrades, cross faction which they promised us for years now and that's not even addressing things like power balancing and the like. If they really don't communicate with the playerbase as poorly as they did in 2022 then they should expect a steep drop in their memberships. That's just reality and I'm feeling this game won't be here in 2025 with the way things are going. Emotes feel like the last gouging of the playerbase before Daybreak pulls the plug if I'm being completely honest here.
    • Like x 3
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

At least we can dance on our own graves.
  12. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

You do realise. EVERYTHING in this game is designed to make money off you.
    Need easy source marks? buy them
    want more stats? Buy artifacts
    Want cool allies? Buy them
    Want a cool style or material? Buy them.
    where do you think the power set chromas, materials, time capsule things come from? Someone buying them, selling them on broker for extreme prices and earning not only just 1b+ for 20$ investment into the capsules, but the other things that come in from the capsules. I.e ARTIFACT EXP. ALLY EXP. ALLY CATALYSTS. QUARKS. LITERAL ARMOUR...
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I am curious if anyone even takes you seriously anymore. You act like a 10yo who just got his first online game and is part of the cod community.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Allthough some devs left didnt the devs from the cancelled marved project join them instead? The CEO left a while back who took his spot? Whats his vision of the game? so how much more time will it take for them to even get back to the regular content releasing and gameplay adjustments? Not even talking about them stepping up but getting back to perform like they did when they did during 2017-2018.Didnt they recieve money many millions due to that project being cancelled? Where does that money go to?

And when charon was here he told us whats up but no one does that now and mepps/panderus need to tell the community whats going on the silent treatment is a punishment imo,Its difficult to stick to this game with how they communicate or i should barely communicate and if they continue like this and if they intend to run this game like this atleast say it so i know im not gonna waste any more time anymore just sticking around for the hope that they actually are trying but cant due to „lack devs“ but this to me seems like a excuse at this point unless a dev can come and openly let us know whats actuall going on.
    • Like x 3
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Once again...

I don't see people telling you not to talk to me....
    Ignore the troll, he just wants to argue then when he upsets you he reports you. Just hit the ignore and have civil conversation with everyone else here who has a brain.
  16. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

But wait... Didnt i tell you to ignore him in other threads?
    So what you are saying is, you want people to tell HIM to stop when you are feeding him?
    • Like x 1
  17. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

this <3
    • Like x 1
  18. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Of course....

I'm not the one denying that they do cost money.

But I will say that:

There's a difference between
    [IMG]
    and

"THE QUATER EATER" Game.
    [IMG]

A game where you see how many quarters you can put into it.

"You put in only 37 quarters!! BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!!"
  19. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

your thoughts and feelings are 100% valid.
    just ignore the naysayers and the gatekeepers for no progress/changes to make this game not flat.

this community has shown tremendous patience and we dont give ourselves enough credit for getting the same recycled system.

I dont mind new emotes. it's just sad we get new allys and arts, but the same body and face types since 2011. from character customization to adding depth to powers. It's been flat and most people only play this game bc of time invested/loyalty.
    • Like x 1
  20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Yes....

No.....

[IMG]

I can't help it....

He's so...