WHAT THIS GAME NEEDS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostRyder3000, Jan 15, 2023.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

^THIS

At the very least:
    There should have been commercials for this during episodes of The Flash and the other Arrowverse shows.

Ads in the comics.
    • Like x 1
  2. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Advertising online is very limited. most advertisements are targeted at you now based on what you search.
    A better way would be to go to comic book sites and advertise with a banner or such. Hell, even DC main page for a little while
    • Like x 1
  3. KnightFalz Active Player

Apparently not enough for them to abandon the clamp. One then has to wonder how many of the vocal complaints about it are actually followed by player departure as opposed to them staying with the game regardless.
    • Like x 1
  4. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Dunno,,, I just watched 2 leagues completely die off becuase of it,,,

The League I'm in now is going pretty good... but I think the ones that remain are just soaking up the stragglers left behind.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

100% Tiffany.. needs cool banners.. Youtube ads etc etc

and DC needs to help.. put it out there as the oficial DC MMO or *something*
    • Like x 3
  6. Dene Devoted Player

Agreed.. IF it was such a huge impact on things, the Devs would have noticed and done something about it, addressed it or something.. but the lack of any reaction on it suggests it is not the huge issue some want it to be..

every change has impact.. always has, always will... my guess is the Devs have to weigh up the pros and cons and go with that

I also think that people who do not like it are end gaming it a lot but, to be fair, there were always players like that
    • Like x 2
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

You can either love the clamp or leave the clamp but one thing's for sure is we need thirty threads discussing it on these forums at all times. That's DCUO life.
    • Like x 1
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Hey guys, is there someplace around here I can talk about the clamp?

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  9. KnightFalz Active Player

The key element is that you don't know as you must rely on your impression and that of others of how clamping has affected the population overall. Those operating the game instead have access to data that is comparatively precise on which to base their decisions and judge their success. That the clamp endures suggests those numbers paint a more attractive picture than those opposed to it perceive.
    • Like x 1
  10. Grim931 Committed Player

It literally gets brought up almost constantly, that we are aware when asking for this to be optional...

We know. Normally, it isn't a rewards problem with us. We don't care if we're getting 10 marks, or 3... People that are anti-clamp tend to not care about the "rewards", rather they just want the feeling of power to return.

That said, this game needs to get a better grasp of its source material. Make us feel like the powerful super hero/villains we're trying to be. Releasing the same "content" over and over with a new skin on top is just getting boring...

It needs better/more fluid movement and combat. They should've had an epiphany as soon as the Arkam games came out, that combat could be (and should be) better.

From weapons and better dodging, to powers getting enhanced or updated movements, it all needs a rework/enhancement in my opinion. Combat is slow, boring, and repetitive at its core.

I'd start with getting rid of the ridiculous Roll function. In terms of a super-powered being, that's first on the list of "useless" ways to move... both in looks and functionality.

Not even going to bother asking for new powers... but there is no excuse for the power trees that do exist currently to have remained basically the same since launch.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents. Hopefully the game can do better, but it's not looking good from the Development Update. That was a let down, especially how far back next gen was pushed... have to say though, silver lining with all the money I'm not wasting anymore.
    • Like x 3
  11. KnightFalz Active Player

Abundant discontent tends to produce such if the forum allows unfettered expression of it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Are feats rewards?

And you want to actually get rid of "Roll" LOLOLOLOL.

oh wait you were serious LOL
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

A lot of those games are franchises, though. An ongoing series of games with new editions coming out semi-regularly.

When was the last time we saw advertising for a game that came out 12 years ago?

From what I've seen, a lot of the ad budgets are spent before and during the game's launch. After that? It's kind of on its own, especially when it comes to MMOs. The only exception to the rule I've seen is WoW, and that's pretty much the exception to every rule when it comes to MMOs.

I'm not saying advertising shouldn't be done. But it's easy to forget that this game is an old one, especially when we as players are engaging with it just about every day, and that it isn't likely to get the same kind of ad budget as something like the brand new version of God of War or Pokemon.
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Don't give in to defeatism. DCUO being 12 years old is even more reason to advertise it to the next generation of gamers and comic enthusiasts (people who enjoy comic books / superheroes). They could have a campaign celebrating the fact DCUO is 12 years old, which reflects staying power, and encourage potential customers to check it out and see for themselves how much entertainment they too can gleam from playing with DCUO and becoming a part of a unique gaming community.
  15. Grim931 Committed Player

I'd be fine without feats. But that's just me, I'm in it for my own personal enjoyment.

And here we go again... did you read the entire thing? We've worked on this, I know we have.

If you read into it a little bit further, you'd realize that yes I would have them remove the roll. Bare minimum keep it in as a last resort when we're grounded.

As far as the details, I would like them to add another method to dodging. One that is tied in to each of our movement mode abilities in terms of functionality/visuals. For example, instead of rolling mid-air with a flight character, you'd instead fly that same distance (maybe have a way to increase it's speed or distance).

So yes, get rid of the Roll... and replace it with something better. Not just get rid of it altogether.
    • Like x 2
  16. the solowing Unwavering Player

The issue Tiffy, DCUO visually in 2023 is rather dated. Yes its lasted 10 years, but you promote this it just doesnt hold up to modern games visually. Then again the engine was already outdated by the time DCUO was developed on it.
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

A lot of defeatism here today. We just celebrated 12 years of the game being in existence. That's a wonderful thing, something that should make everyone of us both happy and grateful. Our game visuals are nostalgic. They can encourage adults to come, play DCUO, and re-experience a bit of your childhood.

I encourage everyone here on the Forum, don't give in to defeatism, don't give up on DCUO. We have something special and I hope more people will be encouraged to give DCUO a try but they first need to know DCUO exists.
    • Like x 3
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its not defeatism, its a reality. One can certainly stay true to have an optimistic outlook but reality is pretty cemented. Advertising comes in a lot of forms. I'll use another old MMO to see their marketing, World of Warcraft. They dont have TV spots or magazine ads. What they have are the #1 advertisers in the industry right now, Content Creators. You have to look to Twitch and Youtube to see the content being created. You also have to look at the Community Sites, even the MMO websites. You see the banners on the side and on top of games being advertised. For sure, once we get that new Episode key art, it should be on websites for sure. But we lack the Twitch and Youtube content creators showing the game off. We had those advertiser dollars go to the BIG Streamers playing the game and we had views jump big for like that week and then trail off to the known DCUO streamers then back to usual viewership of like 40-80 views across maybe 10 folks.

As much as DiG and Daybreak should be advertising, WB/DC need to be on this ball too. They put the game in the comics a couple of times but with the new episode, certainly should be seeing more. Social Media content is done but as someone who follows the game, I dont get the Sponsored adverts so I also dont know if those are being done. I saw FF14 advert about some money off the game to get me to jump in. Well we are free to play so whats the advert gonna have, "heres our new lootbox?" lol

Im sure the Devs and Daybreak as the publisher know they need to market more but we as players who know this game deeply, how much advertising can we do for a new episode that gets done within a 4-6 hours? Then you gotta use replays on the new content to replay them over and over. As a Content Creator myself who still likes the game, its a tough pill to swallow when you play it, get loot locked and stare off "What do I do next?" I guess Ill play the past 2 episodes. So the advertising gets muddle with "here's the new stuff...okay lets go play old stuff now".
    • Like x 3
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I don't want to give up on this game. I want this game to prosper and flourish because if it prospers and flourishes, then we as the gamers benefit. I would have to argue with you about the #1 advertiser, where I work is the #1 at Marketing & Advertising, lol. I work for a very large marketing company who has been in business for over 40 years with both US and International customers. We did do some work very briefly concerning the Pokemon card game.
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

This is one of maybe the biggest struggles to even grow as a DCUO Content Creator because no matter what, everyone does the same thing. There is nothing unique, there is nothing that other YouTubers didn't already do\doing, everyone cover the same things, so It's becoming harder and harder to actually hype new players about the game. I just actually made the decision to do both DC, DCUO and Variety content because honestly, DCUO is very limiting to stick to as the **ONlY** game to do content on. Showing new things on test is cool, but like 5-6 videos on a seasonal items go up the same day from both big and small channels, so where is the hype?

Also, DCUO doesn't support creators like before (Not to me personally, but in general) where they promote their videos, or I saw there was a Content Creator thread\section of the forums before, or there used to be this creator program I forgot the name, but yeah. I don't think they really relaying on Content Creators to be honest and with how the YouTube section looks, I personally don't blame them. If I was a new player too, I'd probably don't want to start playing with so much...to put it nicely, toxicity.
    • Like x 3