Why are open world dlcs stat clamped?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

The real answer to you if you're struggling with the clamp.

• Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Yea we'll just end it with the one post above, threads over.
  3. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

We might need to rally the troops and do a proper sermon. There is some serious objections to our lords influence here.
    • Like x 1
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Our lord "the clamp" has spoken. There are souls he wishes to save but Tiffany's pink heart shaped one is not on his radar. He says her dps is about .067 a second and is therefore comparable to that of a random lfg scrub that needs to git gud.
  5. the solowing Unwavering Player

Actually she does just fine in damage. Shes not bad with the clamp, she just doesnt like it
    • Like x 1
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Same here. There's a few that while technically soloable are still very tough and another few that aren't tough but have really high health pools to where it's not worth the time in my opinion. But most I go around and solo them once a week.
  7. JDIRS Well-Known Player

The stat scaling is fine for the older instance ques and omnibus, but really should be removed from the open world stuff, especially since all the open world stuff still has loot locks.

Having full stats in the open world would also make the gear progression system seem less like a pointless hamster wheel.
    • Like x 3
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I am happy you are able to do what the majority of new players are unable to do. But since you can do it, there are no problems after all. This was my oversight.

No where in any of my comments on this thread have I called for the removal of the clamp. I stated if it were unclamped players would see the disparity between their progression vs the older content.

I have called for open world EEG to at lease be on par with EG open world, preferably the lowest version of EG. In our example for today 05 January 2023, that would be Doomed Washington DC's open world.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of clamped content vs EG. But as long as you & others of your mind set are happy that is all that matters. I stay out of your EEG content. I do feel sorry for the new players such as the OP who are finding it a struggle at best to complete open world boss fights due to low population numbers in those areas. The clamp certainly keeps me away.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Just remember, a broken clock is correct twice a day.
    • Like x 4
  11. Proxystar #Perception

The same players incapable of solo killing EEG bounties are incapable of solo killing EG bounties, whereas good players can currently already do both.

Their complaints will continue regardless because those players are just bad at this video game and they will forever refuse to accept the problem isn't with the game, it's with them.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ozman Well-Known Player

I think calling it "punishment" is overly dramatic.
    • Like x 4
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yes, it's the bad players fault.
    • Like x 3
  14. Grim931 Committed Player

It's not when you compare pre-clamp to post-clamp. Turning what took seconds before into pretty much minutes or hours now is definitely punishment, or close to it.

I wouldn't wish this garbage on my worst enemy. Just glad some people are getting on and voicing their opinion about it.

The same 3 people that are brainwashed into thinking this is more fun or better than it was makes for some pretty good entertainment though... one of them is forming a cult, which is a pretty bad look.

Just don't drink the kool-aid.
    • Like x 6
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

What gives a player a feeling of strength and/or power can be a subjective kind of thing, though. I won't deny having engaged in some NPC curb-stomping back in the day. But I got more of a feeling of strength and power by figuring out how to take down Sub-Avatars in South Gotham solo at the entry level CR, far more than I ever did by demolishing Chemo in the Ace Chemicals fight back in the CR differential days.

God mode in a video game can be fun on occasion, but god mode all the time in an online game is bad for the survival of the game as a whole, because god mode gets boring. And considering I see a lot more player activity in the open world sections of the game than I did before the clamp, I'd say there's a fair argument to be made that the sense of loss isn't all that great across the board.
    • Like x 3
  16. the solowing Unwavering Player

For the health of an MMO, it should've never gotten to that point in the first place.
    • Like x 6
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm not calling for 'God mode', I'm calling for parity. The difficulty level an End Game player experiences in the oldest of the EG tiers should be the same/similar for that same End Game player when going into any EEG open world. I proved to myself that I am stronger in Doomed Washington DC or even Khandaq than I am in EEG open world. This is upside down to me but since I am the only one with a problem with it I will continue to just stay out of EEG content and know my place.
    • Like x 3
  18. Ozman Well-Known Player

I've played this game since the beta in 2010, I've seen and experienced every iteration of the game so I know exactly how things have changed for better or worse.

Do I miss being able to solo bounties? Yes. Do I miss being able to walk into FOS and solo it? Yes.

However I also am not having an issue playing the game now, and would argue it's a lot easier to get into older content than it was a few years ago. I see plenty of people shouting for bounty runs, even in the underpopulated EU server I play on.

At the end of the day some people like it and some people don't, but calling it punishment and accusing anyone who disagrees with you as having drank the kool aid is just hysterical nonsense.
    • Like x 4
  19. Grim931 Committed Player

I have played since beta as well, so I know just the same.

Getting into content was only made easier by Omnibus. They could've implemented that alone and it would've streamlined the queues all the same. Set up a toggle button that allows you to only queue in with people at or below your current CR rating (simlar to the cross-faction toggle), and boom... you no longer have high CR players "ruining" experiences. Problem could've been solved as easy as that and there would've been the best of both worlds for everyone.

You want to smash through content? Go for it.

You don't want people smashing through your content for your "experience", there's that too.

You need a challenge? There's plenty of content in the game that caters to you, queue up for Elite/survival/remove gear or artifacts for a challenge.

And you completely misunderstood what was said altogether if that's what you got out of that... I said someone is borderline making a cult out of this. Did you miss the part where someone called the clamp their "Lord"?

Yet I'm the one spouting nonsense?

I could not care less if someone else is having fun or not, I understand that people enjoy different things and I'm not going to tell anyone how they should go about enjoying something. That's why options are so important to me. The fact that they're trying to cut down anyone and everyone who seems to have a problem with it, and simply telling them to "git gud" seems completely unreasonable. They make the most unintelligible statements based on no fact, then try to come off as being better than everyone else. It's getting old.
    • Like x 4
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

It is a punishment for being successful in playing the game, getting stronger, out leveling the DLC only get knocked back down several pegs. The point here is there is an issue with new player’s ability to repeatedly run the open world boss bounties 50-100 times in order to get their feat(s) due to low participation. This occurs in End Game as well once a DLC gets some age on it. I have started to see it for Injustice now.

Incentives of some kind or something else that would encourage players to participate needs to be explored to find a solution that works, hopefully for everybody. Clamped open world content contributes to my lack of participation in EEG bounties. This is only a contributing factor as there is also the ‘burn out’ factor from running them over & over & over & over …..

People get tired of it. Plus after watching the animations my head starts to ache it Injustice will actually make me feel nauseous now after running it 3 or more times.
    • Like x 4