I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

And yet if you'd managed to have gone in to that instance randomly with just a couple (probably even just one) of more competent DPS's your view would be entirely different.

That is why your random encounter does not = remove the clamp.

All EEG (especially omnibus) encounters are different and you have to take them as that - that's part of the deal with it.
  2. Grim931 Committed Player

Never said to completely remove the clamp. It's nice for those that need it, but not so much for those of us that don't.

This has to be like the 6th or 7th time I've stated this.

I'll work on the video though. Need to create a YouTube channel for the video length, but I'll post it when I'm able/ready. Or at least provide the link.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Even 'optionally' removing the clamp, sorry when I say 'remove the clamp' I realistically mean it in any way at all, I know we don't agree.

Will watch the video when you've got it.
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

People don't laugh at Dave Chapelle. But I totally see how you got confused. Don't quit your day job. :)
  5. Grim931 Committed Player

This is almost true, had I not experienced pre-clamp instances.

I would much rather que into something I know won't fail, rather than roll the dice and hope the rest of the team can get an instance done from almost a decade ago...

No random encounter pre-clamp ever had me question whether or not we'd make it through. I didn't mind helping or carrying anyone then, and they could literally not sabotage an instance if they tried. Now, it's much more of a chore. Takes way more effort to keep an entire raid group on track if it were to fall on one or two people. The entire time I was in there, I wasn't thinking about how much fun I was having or reminiscing about the "good old days". It was more "why am I even putting myself through this?".

Still, I'm on the side of options. Let those who want to learn or earn escalating gear play in clamped. Those that don't want to deal with it, for whatever reason, should still have an option to opt out of that type of instance.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

The exchange for time and perseverance was reward, I know not everyone asked for it, but at the end of the day doing an instance clamped and actually being rewarded for it, is better than doing an instance effortlessly and in exchange getting nothing.

I know this leaves the "pressure point" of feats but this is why I keep saying "how easy is too easy" that's why people arguing for an optional unclamp or otherwise are asking for easier feats, because they are, there's no ifs or buts about it, that's what they're after.

I'd honestly have a bit more respect for some people if they were honest about what they actually want (and I don't necessarily mean you by any means with that comment).

We could then be having a discussion about how easy to make something or how much we can loosen the clamp to achieve further compromise, that compromise does have to end though when the game starts breaking and from what I understand we're actually already at that point.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

And I top DPS in support roles semi-frequently. More frequently in Omni content.

You. Still. Beat. Raid. Hell, being in Tank when you did it simply reinforces the completability of the content. Sorry you had to do it at the speed of erosion, but it's done.

If you wanna cherry-pick your group, start LFG'ing.

If you want there to be good DPS's in the wild? Keep supporting people doing stuff, because that's the only way that's gonna happen.
    • Like x 3
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Haha back in the day I got ninja invited in to a Nexus instance that had been going all day and only ended because the server shut down, not because they completed it - so 30 minutes is pretty cruisy :D
    • Like x 1
  9. Grim931 Committed Player

I would see that as an issue with almost any group I'm in. I know what my numbers should look like in a semi-capable group, this was making me question if we'd even get through it. One person dropped out at the halfway point, luckily we got someone else in to fill the vacancy.

The speed sucked, obviously there could have been way worse, but seeing how old the content was/how easy this raid is, I still think it shouldn't have taken that long. That's why I was so adamant about trying to fill any/all gap in stats with over-leveled gear, as opposed to the requirement that everything be at max to benefit the most in EEG, it's just ridiculous to have that as a requirement. Most of these people in this run are passed it CR wise, but thanks to whatever it is that they're missing/refuse to shell out money for, we all paid the price.

And forming a group defeats the entire purpose of Omnibus, right? That's if I'm even able to... as I was queuing up for this, literally saw someone begging for a group to queue up Omnibus at certain tier levels.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Forming groups, using custom queues and omnibus are all tools given to the players to achieve their goals, one doesn't defeat the purpose of the other, they're there to supplement one another.

If you need something that requires communication and planning then your best bet is to form a group, if you're after a praticular instance and can't be bothered forming a group but just want that instance, use custom queue, if you give absolutely no craps about what you're running then you run omnibus.

People running omnibus are supposed to not care, what's sad is that veterans fishing instances are perverting the omnibus queue for the sake of those joural rewards, because they want to knock them off and get the reward but in the easiest fashion possible.
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Majority? Pretty equal in these forums, i'd say the LOUDEST and the most angry is definitely a few that are anti-clamp but to be honest I think most do not care

The problem with an idea like this is that it is necessary but not necessarily going to be liked..

Extreme example but noone likes taxes - rich, poor or whatever NOBODY likes them but they are necessary to ensure all goes smoothly (don't gotcha this.. it is a broad example - all other examples I thought of were too controversial etc)

This game has NEVER been in the top ten.. I have my theories but they are irrelevant. Not sure wich game stopped selling digital keys BUT I bet if you went on their forum, the player base is arguing about something there too LOL

So ppl want optional to get feats easier.. and that's it?

That is a LOT of effort for such a small reward (do the feat and then go back to clamped) - especially when all feats are possible with clamp (yes yes I know some take longer but not impossible - spare me those replies please all)
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That's what I'm saying... So basically no difference.

Right. Exactly. In which is why I am usually mostly speaking for elite feats. Other than that, I still hypothetically don't see a difference if an unclamped option were added. Omnibus and players forming groups for specific feats would remain the same.

Keep in mind also; by "Feat Hunting", I mean chasing specific ones, not going in blind queue and hoping to get lucky with random feats.

If someone has all the feats for a particular instance, they are probably going to just reject the Omni whether there is a clamp option or not. Or, suck it up and run it for the loot. Just like it is now.
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah dude, exactly.
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That's why I keep saying that perhaps higher tiers have more room to be loosened a bit more before breaking. Only one way to find out.
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I believe that was the ask, yes. It's never about difficulty, it all comes down to time. Some feats don't just take longer, they take WAY longer now. What took over a year to play "catch up" now takes like 3X longer (if not more). For me to put in the effort to help others catch up now is a huge risk if they are more prone to just giving up and quitting nowadays. My server (Xbox) can not handle losing any more players, the population is already atrociously small. Also there are way too many people who keep saying they "cba" anymore to feat hunt or help others with feats they already have. Astonishingly more than there used to be pre-clamp. Especially since there is also a very high risk of failure in the instances and just wasting.... Time.
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

You play an MMORPG. You're probably aware, how seemingly small percentages can have huge effects. Even a few percent fewer people in general queue (because they're queuing for easy mode, or because they already got everything they wanted from EEG and took a break until next DLC) can have a snowball effect, where it gets harder to get a group for EEG, so fewer and fewer people queue or LFG for it, so it gets harder to get a group... and so on.

Very few people seem to care about feat hunting. You can get the minimum SP you need easily and improve your performance with arts, augs, allies, consumables, et cetera. I don't think catering to the minority of "completionists", who must have every last feat, would be a smart strategy. Those people are addicted. They'll b*tch and moan, but stick with the game, because that's their fix. And if they don't - they've already spent the majority of the money they were going to. The experience of new and mid-level players is what's going to pay future bills. And if that experience was so great before - well, then where did the clamp come from?
  17. Dene Devoted Player

I understand 100%

The grind is still real.. no matter what :/
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sooo therefore giving them folks the optional for getting their feats the way most new players did pre-clamp is no problem then, correct?
    • Like x 1
  19. MrGhosty Active Player

It has been said, feats being made "easier" isn't about them being difficult skills wise, it's about the time spent to acquire them and providing an option for people to tackle that project on their own terms. Several people have said several times, feats aren't hard they're tedious and this option would help alleviate that some. That's usually about the time someone else posts saying that we're all just lazy and bad at the game and then comes another slap fight before we start over.

If they can loosen the clamp so that I'm able to overlevel content to the point I can tackle large group content as a duo then I don't care about unclamping anything. My goal as stated from the beginning has always been to be able to tackle the games old content in my own way at my own pace. I'm not interested in spoiling the time I have available trying to get into content other people aren't interested in running.

The knock on benefit is that with players given more agency how best to get their feats filled out, average sp level would be likely to rise and that means more stumbling into endgame at least with more sp. They already end up there now, but with more sp they'd be better able to take the guidance given where to allocate those points. That is a net positive for the general population of the game as well as the individual.
    • Like x 4
  20. Grim931 Committed Player

Just quoting to let you know the video is up on YouTube.

Grim931 is the channel. Could not find the actual link, but it's the only video on the channel.

21 minutes, unedited. Enjoy lol.
    • Like x 3