What are the most tiring tasks in DCUO ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I am curious to know if the people of DCUO are tired of having to perform this or that daily task or become daily in DCUO? If there is one thing that you can no longer stand having to do in DCUO, what would it be?
    • Like x 2
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Seasonals
    • Like x 6
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Answer tells. I'm a grammar-natzi who keeps forgetting to order a new bluetooth keyboard....so yeah.
  4. GermanM Committed Player

Farming bosses is hell for me, kill the same guy more then 25 times is something i just dont do anymore.
  5. Eve YouTuber

Hmm...that would be alerts for me. I almost never bother with them :\ They are just not fun for me. Rare are the alerts I actually run. So having to run them daily is just not happening fo rme.
    • Like x 7
  6. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Tragic: The Gathering feat without krypto
    • Like x 1
  7. Dene Devoted Player

does he affectthe feat?

I thought the feat was based on nodes, not actual amount of material and that he just gave more per node ?
    • Like x 4
  8. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

it is, but krypto makes the amount you get tolerable for the effort of running around forum of the 12 caesers for hours
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, trying to type anything is such a PITA on PS and takes forever.

"What leg style is that?"
    *A whole minute and a half later*
    "Two-Faced Clown from Joker's Legacy TC"

Should not be that hard just to say that.... maybe I should get a keyboard to connect to my PS. Dunno how exactly that works, though, and just trying to use my headset is already weirdly troublesome as it seems to randomly decide if it wants to work or not.....
    • Like x 1
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Spamming content of any kind with the same character. Awful, just awful, repetitive, boring, and pretty uncreative when associated with a feat.
  11. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Seasonals and new DLC drops for me. Always feel the need to run all my fatming alts daily. Get more seasonal currencies or finish up the OP item ASAP.
  12. beardrive Committed Player

Grind for grind's sake. Games should be fun and challenging, but not make you angry. I have abandoned all progressive feats, as they are no longer relevant to my gameplay.

The most tiring thing for me and daily play are the systems. I play a lot, so on one alt a broken mail system, for instance, isn't a big deal. When you have 10 or 15, or even 25 alts using the mail system is an absolute headache with regards to managing daily life on the servers. So for me, most of the issues have to do with broker systems, mail systems, and the general scattered nature of viability of alts across a number of instances with regards to damage. The behavior of my alts in all instances is seemingly random.

If I were to ask for one thing, it would be a global slider so when they do change the viability of the DPS system wide, we know what to expect in all instances.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Honestly, it comes up the most during these seasonals. There are 3 daily 'missions'. You need to go to the HOL for those. You need to talk to 3 'vendors' to get them. You need to teleport to 2 places (the race and somewhere in OW to farm the portals) and queue for 2 things, one of which you can't do while grouped. Oh...and if you don't collect a few of the journal entries, you miss out on collecting on them tomorrow.

That's a lot of steps to get 15 marks on a 'fun' event.

Vault should be queuable if you are lead of a group....it's always been that way, pre changes last year. The vault and daily missions should automatically re-up if they are done for the day, and they should auto cash out, unless your inventory is full and would prevent it...again, these are things that happen elsewhere...why not a limited time seasonal? And put a few portals on Arkham....if someone wants to go to the race, then do their outdoor missions, why a 2nd teleport or trip to the base, or long flight/run across the Gotham bay?

Taking seasonal stuff out of it, I'd say the most tedious thing in 'regular' game play is when you are early in a new DLC and are changing gear often. Going back to base, re-imprinting, re modding gear for every or every other piece is a PITA. Normally I avoid this by caching a LOT of gear boxes over a week or so, the opening it all at once one day a week. Detrimental to those tiny 'advances' you'd get every day, but a boon for my sanity.

And inventory bloat....always too much crap dropping. Does anyone really need that many base items. I'm not talking desirable ones...I'm talking about Thanagar fish market stands, "queen diana banner"s and worn brown couches. Delete...delete...delete.
    • Like x 4
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Reading feedback on the forums
    • Like x 4
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

White mod replacement…over…and over…and over…and over…
    • Like x 6
  16. Dene Devoted Player

ha ha ha oh cool - fair enough :)
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Switching powers and changing all of your armories. Especially if its new or unfamiliar. Way too many things to think about and I can get lost for days trying to figure out the best way to set everything up.
  18. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Being asked questions I don't know the answer to.

What's the bonus tomorrow/this week?

Why did they change On Duty?

When are they going to fix On Duty?

Why don't Halloween Missions auto-compllete (like most, not all, other Seasonals)

Why can't I do Halloween/Atlantis Race with Ring equipped?

When are we getting a favorites menu to Bases in our Teleporter? (Okay, I do know the answer to that. About 6-18 months after someone suggest it on Forums, but at the cost of f***ing that menu up too)
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Trying to collect old styles that came from the old content that virtually everyone is sick of running, so they never queue up for it. so you can never get into those areas to obtain the styles!

Sinceriously, that was the ENTIRE POINT of Vendors 00, 22, and 44, and the new Faction Vendors in the Hall of Legends. They should have WAY MORE STYLES IN THEM than they actually do! :(
    • Like x 2
  20. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Nothing more tiring/tedious than opening multiple reward/gear boxes.

Massive yikes

I just wish we had an option to "open all boxes". Would save me 3 mins after bounty weeklys
    • Like x 3