I really do not understand...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cyclonic, Oct 1, 2022.

1. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

A living example. You don’t need iconic powers to be good the only iconic power that’s game changing is neo-venom boost if you ain’t using mercy artifact than you shouldn’t be running robot sidekick.
  2. GermanM Committed Player

Do you know what passive damage means?
    • Like x 1
  3. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Dude I obviously know what it means I’m just saying that there are better powers that will do more damage than rsk. And also if your gonna use robot sidekick at least have a artifact buffing it’s damage
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You can only use 1 damaging ability (for the most part) per second. Abilities have animation time. These animations are a factor into dps which stands for damage per second. Rsk is passive damage which takes up no time to do since attacking on its own.

There is literally no reason to not use it or some pet in general from a damaging standpoint
    • Like x 2
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again.. it’s not about how much damage it does..
    • Like x 2
  6. GermanM Committed Player

Yeah of course, but you cannot cast all those powers at the same time because not all of then al clippeable, so in the mean time you use one of those abilities the RSK can "Pew Pew" and help you do the work faster, even if you dont have Mercy artifact.
  7. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Hey do you know the rank at which mercy gives you attack protocol ability because I have it 112 and I don’t see protocol ability anywhere
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Eh, it might boost my damage by 5% to switch to RSK, but I don't think it's worth it to look like everyone else. Most of the players I see using it use it because everyone else does, but then the rest of their rotation is horrible.
  9. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Thing to remember is that in order to max RSK you have to max an artifact, which costs a lot. Feeding that required artifact makes the maxed RSK less cost effective than other comparable powers/pets. So no need to nerf it.
  10. GermanM Committed Player

Is more then 5%, you can know this using a sparring target in the house of legends, if you attack the sparring and let only the RSK there it will make from 75k from 95k in 10 second´s, and that´s is the 10% of a optimal DPS single target rotation. Yeah, could be another ways but as i said, you cannot cast a lot of powers at the same time, so in the long run RSK will help more because it will attack even when you cannot because you´re evading or blocking, for example.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I calculated 5% compared to my loadout and rotation on my power. It may be different for other powers. I use my full loadout and have tinkered with it for years to find the best build for my power. Most don't do that, so RSK probably does more for them.
  12. GermanM Committed Player

Im not a big fan of RSK, but is usefull, i would like to find another way, what power are you?
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My main is ice. I tested with and without my artifacts. Without them, RSK provides a 5% boost. With my artifacts, RSK reduces my damage output by 2.4% since my PI boosts my damage more through Trans/Strat. Obviously, mileage would be different if I had Mercy maxed and slotted, but I don't know how much nor do I really care to find out.
    • Like x 1
  14. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I'd love it, if there was a non-robotic skin for RSK. It's a good power, but it doesn't thematically fit my toon.
    • Like x 4
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah. I'm not a fan of it. I only use it on 1 toon and that's because I had a spot in my rotation available. I'm not a fan of the iconics and begrudgingly only gave in on Heat Vision because it's kind of a no brainer for many powersets on a ST loadout. I hate being 'forced' to use Pheromone Bloom on my healers now because if you aren't spamming EOG you are some kind of maniac apparently. On Nature it would fit fine, but on Sorc or Water? Yeah...water goes with that I guess.:rolleyes:

The other reason I dislike RSK is it's penchant for dying. It goes down way easier than a powerset pet like Crystal, Fury or Guardian, and I get annoyed re-summoning it. My little buddy Grim or Quizlet self re-summon as needed, so I'll just stick with them.
    • Like x 3
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

The fact that people are actually arguing about whether or not Robot Sidekick is necessary or not has me seriously concerned. I would even go as far as to say that if you are a dps and you are not using it... you are simply wrong, inefficient, and terrible at your job.

There might be some obscure might loadout out there that defies all odds and somehow surpasses the awesomeness that is Robot Sidekick, but I doubt it. I'm willing to bet that under absolutely no circumstance is it less than ideal to have Robot Sidekick (or Fury/Crystal) on your hot bar in terms of overall dps.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So if someone is not as worried about eeking out a few 100K more damage(maybe even 1m or so), as you are they are 'terrible'. So, if you skip or interrupt your rotation to do a pickup or work a cog as needed....or maybe stop DPSing to block something like a group wipe beam...or NOT orbital on bosses you shouldn't orbital...you must see that as 'terrible' as well? Hmmmm, I think I've run with you before...like a LOT.;)
    • Like x 2
  18. GermanM Committed Player

All powers should have their own pet´s right?
    I would love use fury instead of RSK, but if i do i will be forced to give power because the base damage of the pet is like the 50 of RSK.
  19. GermanM Committed Player

Is funny how people ask healers to use and artifact that is not very good for healing (same for tank´s)
    The DPS´s hunger of damage have make other roles use thing´s that does not concern to their function. The thing is more funny because they want carry a healer who may not be able to heal properly and make more people die only to have their damage risen up.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Because the MOST important thing in this game is the DPS....didn't you know this?:eek:

And if you have decent SP and Artis, having EOG and Bloom isn't that detrimental overall...even if it is a weaker heal then some other power/arti combo. I do find it funny though that when it's a lower healer who's maybe got a 80 or 100 Purple and Page, People are like 'what about green spam'?...I'm like 'dude....this guy is barely keeping us up, you want him to worry about boosting your DPS so you can get a tick higher on the board?'
    • Like x 2