I really do not understand...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cyclonic, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Why Robot Sidekick has been allowed to stay so powerful for so long. It's a neutral iconic power that everyone can and should use.

It really cheapens our creativity and options when we always have to sacrifice one of our 6 slots for this thing that we absolutely must have to be optimal. If there was 6 different variations of Robot Sidekick that all did the same damage... we would probably use 5 of them and a weapon buff.

Its silly. I know that he's super pretty and coloured to your power now, but he has to go.
    • Like x 1
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

Do you feel the same way for Heat vision?

How bout superspeed powers?
    • Like x 6
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

if I had to pick one thing to ping, be gone tomorrow? It would be superspeed's Ability damage. I would settle for equalization of the offensive Abilities in Flight and Acrobatics for output purposes - since Superspeed will still always have the "fast start" movement mode advantage, I don't think it's a fair argument to say that it needs the damage output advantage to remain competitive.

That said, I actually kinda like the Robot Sidekick. I think more skins would be nice, but to be frank? I'm quite over my misgivings against it. Also - it's not as much of a "requirement" to remain competitive as Superspeed is, so I have less misgivings about its relative ubiquity.
    • Like x 3
  4. GermanM Committed Player

To be fair i dont see practical use a rotation of more then 4 powers, but yes, you´re right, robot sidekick should be an option, and like Obi Wan said: "From certain point of view" it is, the problem is you will loose a lot of damage if you dont use it.
  5. GermanM Committed Player

Dont make me start with superspeed. If someone would give me one dollar every time another player told me to change from flight to super speed I would have more money than Scrooge McDuck.
    Sometimes i´m forced use the anniversary ring, and anothers... I just fly for being in the resistance xD
    • Like x 5
  6. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Well superspeed powers aren’t even broken y’all just use whirling dervish and vortex trap to reset hit counter, y’all barely use for damage cause it’s not even that good.
  7. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Heat vision is also not gonna be use in every build only builds who need it and can’t fit any other strong ability in their loadout
  8. GermanM Committed Player

Are you Might or Prec?
    Those powers you mention are good to clip animation´s and return to weapon attack´s. I have no character´s with SuperSpeed and test server is down so i cannot check, but i think whirling dervish and vortex trap have both a very good damage, more then other movement power´s if im not wrong.
  9. GermanM Committed Player

Heat vision is used for single target mostly, with the solar amp is like have a second finisher.
  10. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

People use that for prec. I never use in my might build
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Rsk is the single most balanced power in the game. Might prec? Sure. Low toon max toon? Sure. Pet build? Crit build? Sc build? Random build? Sure.

The reason it is used so much isn’t because it is broken. It’s used because it’s passive damage. One can have their build and use abilities at will and rsk will be there doing its own thing. That’s why it’s popular. It could do barely any damage and it would still be sued because it’s passive damage that you don’t have to spend a second to do.

So no. It’s not over powered at all. It’s just useful.
    • Like x 4
  12. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

I have no need for it cause all my abilities do more damage than heat vision instead of sitting their waiting for it to cast then it goes on cooldown that’s not really time efficient.
  13. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Fr the only reason you use sidekick cause to keep from using another clunky ability in your rotation that doesn’t fit well in your loadout so u use sidekick instead.
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Heat vision and super speed powers are at least activated on cooldown.

Robot Sidekick is used once and just revived as necessary. We might as well just make everyone have one with its own revive timer so we can have another power on the tray.
  15. GermanM Committed Player

That´s why you dont know xD, but superspeed is the most broken movement mode here, make the other´s very lack of luster.
  16. GermanM Committed Player

Really? have you compared the damage of heat vision with a 160 solar amp with you abilities? what power are you and what abilities do you use to eclipse that skill? I really want to know.
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Don’t mean to sound rude, but it seems that you aren’t that well informed on how damage and dps works. Yes other abilities deal more damage. But dps is more that. There’s a reason why so many players use this ability. Even might builds for better with rsk in place.
    • Like x 2
  18. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

But that’s literally the reason for using rsk unless you have mercy artifact so I’m kinda confused on your take of my comment
  19. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Ya you said it yourself movement mode. Not for damage. People’s abilities in certain powers are stronger than superspeed
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I've never used the RSK. Can't stand it. Takes away from the uniqueness each powerset should have. My main character is a telepath with telekinetic abilities, my prime alt is supposed to be super strong and invulnerable and my healers are a shape changer and a genetically altered cat.
    • Like x 2