Xbox Server NA population is LOL

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, Sep 21, 2022.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Surprised isn't the word I used, I used shocked but still the same effect so yes I am but mostly because I believe merging servers would have helped a lot but thats not the case. You say that the majority of players have gotten the Barbados feat in the first week. The issue with that is it's the last episode. Players are complaining about stat clamp on how they can't complete feats at lower content because of the small playerbase and you're over here saying most have went away because there isn't much to do anymore thus leaving the new players and those returning at a loss. I keep seeing people throw out HOL as an indicator but that is more of a lounge than actually progressing your character with feats such as open-world. Ultimately I don't think there can be much done about the population because PlayStation and PC have more bodies than all of them combined. The thing is though that Xbox server merge happen years ago and the population on Xbox is still too small as opposed to Playstation and don't get me started on Switch lol

Dean Winchester to his brother Adam at the final episode before God smite him lmao "poor bastard" is how I see the Switch population LMFAO
  2. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Fun fact: only 5 characters out of those 61 are villains.
    • Like x 2
  3. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

That is definitely not fun for any of those 5 poor villains
    • Like x 1
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I said the merge didn't help much since it happen many years ago even before the stat clamp the population was already small. Some can say it helped, others can say it didn't and I'm saying it didn't help MUCH as it's evident by the numbers. There's also the fact that the artifact glitch got many perma banned along with stat clamp being opposed by those against it, the server merge did very little in my eyes.
  5. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

None of what you're saying is making any sense. This has nothing to do with stat clamp.

And majority of accounts were unsuspended, except 'the most egregious offenders'
    (source: Mepps)
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

If even that. And by the 2nd week of release, it was down to 4-5 in DMW and only increased again (and only up to 12) when Barbatos was released. Many folks claiming it's the time of the year but it's really not. It gets this bad a lot more often than that.

Already seen it. This episode shown half of the amount of players that were around at last episode release, partially due to the mass exodus that was created by stat clamp. I don't know if it was noticable on PC/PS, but it was definitely noticable on Xbox with such a low population already. And still declining. Just last week saw 3 more veterans quitting and/or selling their character names. It's really saddening.

This is why I keep bumping the page about cross-faction grouping, because villain side is suffering even more. This would help Xbox population in the meantime. It was actually supposedly the "New System" that was on the roadmap but has since been removed (along with graphic update), even though I believe it is extremely important for our population issues.

One can only hope this new episode brings people back, but I already know a large amount of vets and friends that aren't returning regardless :(
    • Like x 1
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yes, because it's just gotten that bad.... But barely anyone believes me here on the forums...
    • Like x 1
  8. Skoll Well-Known Player

Xbox in general have a lower playerbase than Playstation. DC started as a PS exclusive, only what 5? Years later it came to Xbox, it will always have less population. Merging all servers is truly the only way to help Xbox&Switch, but I just can’t see them ever doing it.

The barbatos feat I am talking about is not from the last DLC, it is from current Death Metal DLC. The new bounty that was added, it did bring a lot of people back during the lull but theres only so much retention ONE singular world bounty can draw.

And as for players complaining they can’t do old feats, high level players complain there is not a lot of high SP end game players to play with, low SP beginner players can’t get feats and SP on their own so ask for help, said high level players who have already done the feats cant be bothered to re-do them. Rinse and repeat. Unless you join a very active league that wants to help build you up and turn you into elite end game, you’re pretty much out of luck, unless you’re really dedicated. There really is no other option. Whenever new content drops, leagues will come together and do the open world stuff at the same time, ask to join them. If you join a raid and see 6/8 of them are all in the same league, ask to join. Don’t be afraid to leave a dead league out of loyalty. You can still be friends, but at the end of the day, if you want to chase feats you NEED to be with other likeminded people. Pugging feats is absolutely braincell killing.

And as for small playerbase even after merge, I’ve already said, but that is just Xbox in general. There are less Xbox players. You’ll notice this too if you play other cross play games like Apex Legends or Warzone. That’s just how it is.
    • Like x 2
  9. Amoxin Well-Known Player

I know on US PC/PS there is a definite noticeable difference between Hero and Villain. I main a villain, but I have a few alts that I mess around with as heroes. The LFG on the Hero Side is a lot more active. Someone advertises for groups and they are almost immediately filled. Villain side I saw last night someone trying to get two more for a feat group in TSWE for probably 10 minutes before I'm assuming they filled it since it stopped. I've also seen Villains try to put together groups for T5-6 bounty hunting on Thursdays and it taking quite a bit of time compared to the hero side.
  10. Skoll Well-Known Player

Well we have been comparing recently to covid times… and this DLC people are just absolutely done with death metal in every medium, if there was 1 DLC theme to have to 6 months, death metal really should have been the absolute bottom of the barrel theme-wise, but I doubt they anticipated a 6 month wait for the next EP. The game is dying on Xbox though… I really think the only thing to save Xbox and Switch to be a full platform merge, Villain-Hero would definitely help, but a bandaid on a machete wound I suppose.

They need to do more colabs with DC. People just don’t hear about this game at all, even on DCs batman day annoucements, DCUO wasn’t mentioned. The only reason I even remembered this game from 2013 and play currently was because when it first released on the switch I saw it under the free games tab and thought to myself “wait… it can’t be this game from a those years ago”, they need to do some more marketing etc. but how much funds they have to work with we won’t ever know.
    • Like x 2
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Correlation is not cause, the stats clamping was released pretty much right after the last covid wave, not to mention a dozen other statistical problems that make your statement misleading.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, PSN, M$, and Nintendo has to agree to allow it. One or all is preventing it from happening.
    • Like x 1
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Im pretty sure Panderus said it was a possibility to merge everything not long ago
  14. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

the big downside is following the switch update schedule if only xbox & switch merge, but if it was one, unified server, there would be one release schedule
    • Like x 1
  15. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

This game is always bleeding players. Nothing to see here, until there’s nothing to see. Enjoy it for what it is while it’s here.
    • Like x 1
  16. Skoll Well-Known Player

I’d bet everything I own that Sony are the biggest hurdle. They absolutely detest crossplaying with microsoft unless the game studio pays them enough. They are absolute babies when it comes to this, and the fact that they would be the A side in this due to having the biggest population base. Also nintendo probably just don’t care in general.

Even if all companies accepted, it would be a massive workload for the devs, don’t even get me started on the state of the market on PS/PC compared to Xbox and Switch for just one example.
    • Like x 2
  17. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Xbox and Switch have less players in general on every multiplatform game. Plus, on DCUO 's case you have xbox not joining for half a decade, which means less OGs to come back and Switch barely running the game.

The only solution is a full server merge. The game is old so it will hardly attract tens of thousands of players in a small window.
  18. Retire Well-Known Player

@devs CROSS SAVE LETS GOOOOOOOOO
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well yeah. That's why I mention it often, because it's better than nothing, and more feasible in the short-term future than a full on server merge (especially since the system was already planned but a server merge as far as we know isn't even on their radar whatsoever).

This too. Switch has been getting releases months later, and that sucks :/
    Especially since it seems like the best fit for a merge. I still dread the idea of merging with PC because of the disgustingly attrocious broken economy and rampant speed hackers. The fact that they can and do use macros frequently bugs me slightly but I can live with that at least.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I said the word "partially" for a reason.