I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

I'm gonna chime in on this whole "Who is actually arguing here?" argument.

This thread is a "Get Rid Of The Clamp" thread.

YOU are the one here to argue.

If you didn't argue, this thread would be a bunch a dudes just agreeing with each other.

:mad: - "Yeah!! The clamp sucks!!"
    :oops: - "I don't like the clamp, either..."

Start a "The Clamp Is The Best Thing To Happen Since The Macarena" thread... then, you can complain about people just being there to argue.
    • Like x 7
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Snipping this because it's 100% true...but you missed 1 part. While Spindrift would be run a LOT, just like GOM was, it would be in made groups...not omni, likely spammed, so even if that made group had a noob or 2, after 4 5 or 6 passed they'd be good at it.

However their next pass in an omni group that lands in SS will still likely be a struggle because most of those other players won't have been there before. This is the problem with comparing a 4 year old omni run against that same run done 4 years ago. Stat wise we might be better off now, but experience wise we are not. 4 years ago, if you ran Spindrift as it was endgame, everyone in that run had run it probably once before at least, unless it was the first week. By the 3rd or 4th week, probably 7 of 8 people in every run had run it before with the odd man out someone who just reached level. This is why I have sometimes said it is harder now in omni...not because the content itself is harder, but because a larger percentage of the group will perpetually be in this 'first time here' situation.

As you say, it's not the clamp that makes the runs hard/bad...it's the players. And this is by design.

BTW...I would not run Spindrift in Omni even for 50 marks. A) I don't need the marks and B) the 2nd boss would still be f-upable if 2 or 3 people work hard to f it up (consuming all the tanks, or grabbing the suit when you don't know what to do).
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

It sucks cause I said so Deity and that means it sucks, did you hear it sucks, I don't have a reason why it sucks, it just sucks because I can't have my pet hamster face my controller for me, it sucks bruv, like I mean why can't I just gag glove the boss and have him die bro, it sucks bro, did you hear me bro, it just sucks, stop questioning my logic Deity, Don't make me have to rationalize my opinion Deity, Please stop talking on a public forum Deity, it just sucks :D

I'm offended Deity and now I hate you forever, I'm unsubbing now I love DCUO so I just came here to hear my echo Deity, why are you the way that you are, no other forums on the internets are like this, they're all echo chambers of my inner thoughts Deity, no one else on the internet has ever had the stones to question me Deity, this is the first time ever Deity, this is outrageous Deity, How dare you Deity!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No...I'm continuing to make points. You are literally saying the same thing over and over about 'agenda' and crap. Yeah, I find it interesting to see how long it will go before shutdown, but I bring up you are almost always first to reply and in general it's to bag on someone's opinion against the clamp...show that info...recap the info you replied TO me where you skipped actually addressing anything of substance...and you drop your cut/paste reply again.

Oh my god.....I replied to you again. Shame on me. I told myself I'd stop that bad behavior.

Please....do the 'agenda' thing again. You fans expect it at this point.
    • Like x 4
  5. ForumSuperhero Level 30

Now see h as d you responded this in the first place, the last three pages wouldnt have happened.

Also, my motivation isnt the feat, it's the mission. I wasnt even sure about the other bounties you mentioned, I was just going off the missions for that city. I will try the others though if they allow me to be my current level. But doesnt that support my view if they did it for one area but not another? What's the harm in letting all old zones be like thst?

And to the LFG thing, it's wrong imo to not include a group forming chat for an MMO. I dont get why they did that, from what I heard it was to make money/dissuade gold sellers, but I still see them post more than regular players...so I dont think that worked. Instead it keeps people like me from engaging the community and that's just nonsense in a group content driven game.
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

Strawman much?
    :rolleyes:

PS.
    I hope you use lube.... Otherwise Diety will chafe.
    • Like x 3
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I can literally give examples to show proof. I literally asked you what is it you are denying but can’t form a response so you say things like your previous reply.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ooooo I had no idea I was arguing with myself. Last I checked you need 2 to argue. Or is that to simple if math for you?
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Wrong

how do you think those groups are formed?

it doesn't matter whether it's omni, it doesn't matter whether its LFG, it doesn't matter whether its partially formed groups filling in with omni.

Players would get to experience the instance through it being purposefully run and the consequence of it being run is "learning how to run it properly" which means later on when it does just pop in omnibus for an absolute random encounter the chances of players simply knowing how to complete the puzzle (which is just turning cogs 3 times then placing pipes btw) increases and failure runs become less likely.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Please show where I bagged on how someone should feel lol. I literally argued for something that can be statistically measured. Feelings do not play a part in facts. Or do you not know how facts and opinions work? Maybe I gave you to much credit.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

A very constructive reply I see
    • Like x 1
  12. The Con Dedicated Player

What resposne do you think is appropriate for such an ignorant post?

If he weren't soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid, he'd realize that I'm saying that me saying that it sucks ISN'T the definitive opinion....

And, if he hasn't heard any reason why I have that opinion in this almost 70 pages.... then, he might be as deaf as he is dumb.
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's seriously not worth the effort. Go back a few pages...I already did this and you cut/pasted one of your patented 'agenda' replies. At this point I figure I'm done replying to you...page 80 be damned.
    • Like x 4
  14. The Con Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, not targeted at you, but I'm fairly confident the last 3 pages would've happened regardless, we just might have avoided our misunderstanding, but I think we can both appreciate, it's a heated topic :D

The reason they didn't clamp Gotham and Metropolis I believe is to do with the vast amount of differing content in those areas, stuck with a decision as to where you clamp it, with the impact of it being too high or too low detrimentally affecting other various contents of differing level that you might encounter out there, whereas with Central City, that's all the same and can easily be clamped.

In respect to LFG, there is a part of me that acknowledges that it would be nice to include free players, but you're right, the blame probably does go on gold sellers, if you don't want to sub you could always pay $5 and get access that way by becoming premium as well.
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Aaaa. Name calling. The defense mechanism of some who can’t have an intellectual conversation.

So when exactly did I say you had to like it? I’ll tell you since you may not be able to understand the answer. I didn’t. I made statements about statistical and measurable variables. You chimed in that my math of 2+2=5 when that’s a demonstration I used to explain a simple concept.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They'd be formed in LFG...same as GOM bolt farming was. They'd blow through as fast as possible and do it on repeat. I'd bet that MOST of the new players wouldn't put the suit on or carry the containers...so they would NOT learn that mechanic for 2nd boss. The bombs in reg only require a few people to activate them...so many wouldn't really learn anything there. The rest of the run is pew-pew-pew. I seriously doubt anyone would even get the pool feat, as most farm groups aren't stopping to park it in the water for 30 seconds or whatever. They definitely won't be doing it every time there is a single staffing change.

And again...even if they learn the mechanics of the 2nd boss room. Their next omni there is a good chance that 1/2 the group won't know it. Which makes it very easy to screw up...even with the few people who'd pick up experience with the spams. Go run GOM and watch people repeatedly die in the middle of the room when the torches start...or don't know to get the Phoenix pulled away from the minotaur. And that 2nd boss puzzle room is harder than either of those 2 easy things.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Nope. You tried to use one of my first replies to try and make a stretch attempt to prove it. You quoted my response about a player wanting wiggle room after asking specifically for the clamp to be removed. So I showed how wiggle room was already given by the 2 updated to the clamp as a whole. But that’s arguing someone feeling that they do not like the clamp? When I clearly did not say they had to like the clamp. So yes. You tried to use an argument that wasn’t even about telling someone to like the clamp as an attempt to say I was telling someone to like the clamp. So yes that was you trying to twist things to meet your agenda.

Which is why I chose my words carefully with you and explicitly stated that you were either lying on purpose, purposefully twisting things to meet your agenda, or just not understanding.

So no. I didn’t saying anyone had to like the clamp as you are trying to portray. I honestly do not care whether people like it or not. It doesn’t even matter whether I like it or not either. I am. It arguing towards or against how someone should feel since that holds no statistical value. What I will argue is what can be measured
    • Like x 1
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

Defining an opinion as a "2 + 2 = 4" fact is about as pathetic as defining a person calling a stupid person "stupid" as "name calling".:cool:

Once again, there was nothing intellectual in Proxy's post to have an intellectual response.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

LOL damn, dude you act like people in LFG runs don't communicate with each other, don't type and aren't on voice comms in game.

No they're all in the dark, all running wild in the forbidden forest, all alone. :rolleyes::cool:
    • Like x 1