I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Not at all, a personal insult would have been me saying something about you specifically, if I had said something like "you're clearly a silly noob" that would be a personal insult (that isn't me insulting you either by the way, I don't actually believe that, that's me explaining to you the difference).

On the other hand you said to me directly "this is what adults do" with the direct inference being "Proxystar isn't an adult", It really doesn't bother me that you did it either, I'm not offended, because I really don't care, but at the end of the day a spade is a spade and that was a personal insult ;)

I can critique your view or post without it being a personal insult either, I can also make generalizations in an appropriate fashion because it's a commonly displayed detrimental behavior when it comes to new players that is easily observed by all, so I can make a statement about it, unfortunately you took it personally, funnily enough of course I didn't quote you when I said it, which shows realistically I wasn't even really targeting you specifically.

You can call the LFG limitations dumb, but at the end of the day, they're there to compel you to pay and the frustration you're experiencing is that system working as intended, you should pay for a subscription if you intend to play more seriously, that's just how it works.

Saying you want everything all at once isn't an insult either, it's an observation based on what you're saying and in fact applies to numerous players who seem to go about things in an illogical manner because they're trying to bite off too much at once. Do you legitimately think all the 700+sp players got their feats over night? Do you think anyone gets their feats over night? If that were the case they'd be selling them in the marketplace.

As for your Proxy Universe comment, it's funny because despite what you might think I'm actually one of the least imposing veterans when it comes to telling players how they should play, I generally won't sit there and tell you "what artifacts" to level, I won't kick you out of groups when you're doing it wrong, but I also won't coddle you.

If you think I'm actually the type that "tells you what to do" rather than making suggestions then you clearly haven't encountered the other half of the elite community in this game.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you for this information. I may have to re-think my stance on the use of Allies personally. They seem to not be Tinker Toys after all but something actually useful. If I do choose an Ally, I assume the Legendary class is the best to have.
    • Like x 2
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

100% the perspective that I've been trying to explain, actually.
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

You're a tank yea?

Personally I'd probably level Krypto for your attack slot, it's cheap and does good damage and it provides extra exo-material if you choose to farm and put in passive while doing so.

You could tank with Nubia or Diana in active slot as well, but realistically I don't think that is make or break. Diana will taunt for you and Nubia will juggle and put out a healing wave, but it's not really make or break.

Where the real passive strengths come in for tanking would be "Lex Luthor" and "Superman", Lex provides you with a significant stat increase upon your health drop, it's basically like having another Everyman Prototype artifact equipped (possibly even better really) you shouldn't ignore it.

Secondly Superman provides everyone with a shield it doesn't block damage but mitigates it, shields are cheese for a lot of encounters so this is something you want, especially if you're carrying your group breakout anyway.

I think you're atomic yeah, so you could easily incorporate your group breakout because it doubles as an immediate activator of your Qwark aura :)
    • Like x 2
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

You kinda missed the point.... AT NO POINT IS THIS A "2 + 2 = 4" ARGUMENT..

You can't presume that you have the right equation... because NOBODY does.

The fact that you think that it is, and that you have the right equation to this speaks volumes to your pathetic ego.
    • Like x 2
  6. ForumSuperhero Level 30

The adult line isnt an insult, its referencing 50 pages of you arguing with people. What I was implying is that adults respect each others opinions. You have clearly not respected anything I've said here. You immediately categorized me as some lazy new person with no patience.

Again, wanting to beat ONE tier 1 bounty is not asking for it all. It's one ten point feat IIRC. But more than that, it's a mission I want to complete to clear my journal...and now I'm 3 tiers past it. If no one is in that zone, it hurts no one for me to be my actual level, keep your stat clamp for que in content.

It's meant to be an 8 person mission in a zone that is a ghost town. Then I'm restricted from even forming a group. So, you say all people should pay right from the start, or what, just do solo missions in an MMO that is advertised as free?!? You do know what MMO stands for right?

You are very defensive over this stat clamp thing. I dont even care about it as a whole, I just wanted to understand how it applies to the earliest open worlds. You seem to be in the club that I should just pay, then wait, what, a year to do tier one stuff???? As you stated, the proper way is to get to EG then go back....dude, that makes zero sense in any game. So what, I get rewarded a teir 1 piece of gear when I'm like level 300???

You started this thing claiming I was taking it personal, but I'm just maintaining my viewpoint. I dont think you know what it's like to be in my shoes anymore. And now, it seems you are taking it all personal, when I dont want to argue. But I wont sit here and take some guy telling me I'm full of crap either, sorry.
    • Like x 2
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

Don't know if anybody is actually arguing that.... So.... possible strawman, there.

I will say - and I think most other people will as well - that clamped content is harder than what it would be if we weren't clamped.... You know, if we had the strength that we spent years to earn... and one of the actual arguments.

Is that a "4" or a "5" in your math book?
    • Like x 3
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just because you aren’t capable of doing so doesn’t mean others are. You speak of others egos while you are assuming that you not being able to do something means others can’t. Not sure how much more simpler I can put it for you to understand. Statistical values are measurable. There are base numbers that can be seen.

A player being scaled up being compared to a player being scaled down can be literally measured. Or are you incapable of doing so?
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Obviously it would be easier if we didn’t have a clamp. Not a single person has ever claimed otherwise.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it were unclamped, you wouldn't get paid. The purpose is to get paid. It's working as intended.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Already dropped my subs. Play less, won't spend another dime unless MAYBE for a major sale or next Jan wen the 'member' gift comes out...and then I'll sub for 1 month to the highest advantage.

Unfortunately unless you are a whale, stopping your spend won't matter. And most of the whales seem to like the clamp, so I doubt there will be much impact from my few 100 less bucks a year.
    • Like x 3
  12. The Con Dedicated Player

To be so sure of oneself... and be so wrong about oneself.

It would be so funny... If it weren't so sad.
    • Like x 1
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ok. Than what exactly are having a hard time understanding? You claim I’m wrong on something that can be measured easily lol. So what is it you’re having a hard time ti understand?
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

That's fine, it doesn't really bother me in any case, I wasn't really attempting to categorize you as anything it was merely a generalization because of what was being said with no intent to categorize anyone specific, You'll again note my apology to you for the misinterpretation, which should reinforce the fact I'm not here to insult you :)

Don't worry I'm certainly not taking any of this personally at all, I hold no grudges against anyone for anything ever said on here, however moving on any case.

If you're only 3 tiers above the content, then you have to expect that the content is going to remain harder for you still, you still have so much progress to go. It isn't that I don't understand what it's like to be in your shoes, its just that I don't accept that the game should be made easier simply because you haven't progressed yet, they key word there being yet.

If they make the game that easy so that you can destroy that content with ease at your level of progress, what do you think happens with a person of my progress? The clamp is all about making all content in the game as relevant as possible to all parties involved through compromise, your way offers no compromise.

It applies to open world content because that's still content, there's no real logical reason to make it exempt, funnily enough to actually the bulk of those flash encounters are in open world metro and gotham that remain unclamped? Is that your problem with these in reality? That you can't just easy peasy squash those two in Central City? Why don't you just come back and get them later when you're even more progressed?

This is what I mean by going for low hanging fruit first, you're stuck on this one feat, you can easily come back and get a bit later on when you're better prepared, it's not going anywhere.

And again as for your payment thing, the game is advertised as "free to play" and it is "free to play" but that doesn't mean its free of limitations, You're not surely expecting everything to be free, how did you suspect the game supported itself? Did you think it was a charity? At some point you are going to have to choose to pay, at least something.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Says the guy who, when presented with an argument, basically just says 'nuh uh' and blurbs a 1 line non reply....like right here. No rebuttal...no explanation...no...well anything. How was any of the above statement cherry picked? Doesn't matter anyway, just skip to the 'agenda' line.

Seriously...it's not even worth replying to you anymore. Broken record every time.
    • Like x 2
  16. The Con Dedicated Player

Okay.

The stat clamp sucks.

There.

Do math, Einstain.
    • Like x 3
  17. ForumSuperhero Level 30

I know I'm new here but I've been on other game forums and usually its...

Player 1 makes a comment/suggestion/complaint

Player 2 makes a comment/suggestion/complaint

So on and so forth...

Then the Devs read, and decide if it's a valid point of view, right or wrong, or even possible.

But here it's like some players act like they are devs, and try to dismiss everyone, and that's just crazy to me.
    • Like x 3
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So in other words you can’t have an intellectual conversation and end up just crying since you can’t back up your claims. Gotcha
    • Like x 1
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Which is literally what you just did right now lol. Weren’t you the one who said they weren’t really arguing for anything and at this point just wanted to see the page counter go up?
    • Like x 1
  20. The Con Dedicated Player

Dude..... Seriously?? We're 60+ pages into an argument.... If you haven't actually figured out what is being said....

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 3