I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. the solowing Unwavering Player

So youre telling me, doing previous DLC feats at current endgame DLC, makes grinding feats harder in the unclamped era?
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

3. Grim931 Committed Player

You realize your experience at 700+ skill points and maxed everything is completely different from a new player's experience, right?

Again, why gatekeep?

Congratulations on busting your balls over this game, but I refuse to. Maybe the Devs can get you a trophy or something...
    • Like x 2
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I keep reading here on the Forum that the clamped content is easier once clamped versus the way it was prior when it was 3 DLC's old, how is this possible? We are clamped to only a measly +15 CR above the NPCs with "full stat piercing" whatever that actually means.

Flashpoint: Min CR 322
    Death Metal Washington DC: my EG CR is 377

This is +55 CR ABOVE Flashpoint's starting CR of 322

Once Flashpoint goes into EEG I will only be CR335 when I enter it. There is no way that is going be easier for me than what it currently is right now.

I don't understand why I'm the only one who is upset that our stats are taken away like this & then told "it's ok, it's easier now anyway."

All of my hard work, effort, time, has been trivialized into micro-progression by stat piercing. Piercing... what is it piercing? The Clamp? My ear lobe? My naval? This is why I refuse to play any EEG content. It is insulting to me as a gamer for all the effort I put into making my character the strongest & best she can be. It is punishment for being successful.

EEG caters to the scaled-up undergeared players anyways. That's who they covet, not the EG player who has played for years and actually is successful in this game.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dene Devoted Player

The opinions stated by most on here are the perspective of how it affects just you as an individual.. I get that to a certain extent, who ele's perspective could you see it from??

The thing is the devs had to look at it from an "all player" perspective and further to that they would look at it from the perspective of longevity (people playing mean people engaging, people engaging mean people spend money) and they really needed to try and help new players too..

If we can all come up with a viable, non selfish, solution that is not just a solution of "stuff everyone else, make it good for just me/others in my stage of game/playstyle preference" then i'm sure the Devs would listen

No matter what is done a certain group will be made to adjust their perspective/playstyle - end gamers with all their bells and whistkles added to their clamped stats really are not as disadvantaged as some seem to make out

If your objective is a super quick, super easy game then DCUO is not for you - but to be honest, in my opinion, even with clamp, it really is not *that* difficult, especially for end gamers
    • Like x 3
  6. Dene Devoted Player

You have to remember that there are other factors.. your stats are clamoed but you still have all the other struff you added, like arts, allies, pets etc as well as better experience of the raid - that is a huge deal and will make it better than you imagine
    • Like x 2
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

It's still like a slap in the face to me. That's why I refuse to play any EEG. EEG is made for the upscaled undergeared players anyway. I remember the conversations being had at the time prior to Stat Clamp implementation where it was blatantly stated EEG was not for end gamers like myself with max CR. I have been offended by EEG ever since.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

So earn your progress then and improve your experience. I'm not gate keeping, you're gate keeping yourself through laziness.

• Like x 2
  9. Proxystar #Perception

How is it possible? Just look at Wonderverse, look at Legion... surely you remember what it was like the day before it was clamped even at max CR versus what it is like now.

It is demonstrably easier now clamped than it was the day before. the solo is quicker today than it was the day before it was clamped.

if an instance is 'harder' the day after its clamped then you should give feedback and report it to that effect and show it is. The next lot will be turning into clamped soon, so when they go to move it, hop on test, compare it to live, give feedback if anything feels off.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Again....IF your concern is accumulating marks, it's not my main concern. Got plenty of marks...don't need them above and beyond what EG or my few omni jounal runs would provide (and yes...I'd still run for those boxes...why not?). Go spam some FOS3s in the clamped run...get your 6 marks 100x over...have fun if that is what you call fun....not sure why having an unclamped run scares you guys so much but it sure does.

See this is where the great divide in the 2 camps always has been, and apparently always will be. The 'unclamped' camp doesn't care that you want to run how you want, but the 'clamped' camp cares A LOT about how other people run. Now those are facts...just read the last few pages if you doubt it. Never once have I said I don't want you to be able to have the clamp...enjoy omnis or run your spams. Can you say the same about the opposing viewpoint?
    • Like x 3
  11. Grim931 Committed Player

Not sure why you're assuming this is for me... I never once stated I needed this for myself. I'm saying new players are just as entitled to earning feats the way every one of us have pre-clamp.

My perspective is way more selfish. I just can't stand it. I can't see any benefits to me as a player with how it is now. Before, at least it was fun and I could enjoy content with friends and not be inhibited by others not knowing what to do. I was more inclined to help, now I can't even be bothered to play. Having more fun on the forum arguing over something that won't happen than anything I've tried in Omni.
    • Like x 4
  12. Proxystar #Perception

You're running unclamped for fun? Cool, then you can have zero reward and zero feats. ;) What's the problem then?
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, to be honest I was soloing COP the days before the clamp....I can no longer do that without a pretty good effort. So 'easier' is debatable....although the OW bosses are indeed nerfed beyond recognition....I think WV is the anomaly there. LLL Saturn Girl and Validus still put up a pretty good fight. Guess we'll see when Generals and DD hit with FP conversion.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

The point remains the same irrespective of whether or not it's you or anyone.

If you want a better experience in EEG then earn your growth, we all earned our growth within an MMO's because that's kind of the point, if you're not playing to progress in this game, why are you even playing?

You don't dumb down the game or insist the game remain dumb to prevent a players need for growth, that's just stupid.

The benefit you have from EEG now is unlimited loot and a more balanced experience that doesn't undermine and trivialize the content itself.

It's funny how you "virtue signal" on behalf of "new players" yet want to re-create the environment numerous 'new players" complain about for years when an overpowered player would come in and ruin their experience.

I don't buy it, this isn't about the "new players" experience, this about YOUR experience, at least own it, rather than trying to deflect it as something that it isn't. This is about your satisfaction, because you assert within your statement above as well, it's the driving force behind why "you", not "them" can't even be bothered to play.
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I already said many times I'd run someone through EEG it was for the feats. I'm perfectly fine with someone getting 'easy' feats...even if I got them at their hardest levels. I just want people to actually have to do SOMETHING for them. I don't need them to suffer as you seem to require. Guess I'm just not a sadist. Most of the time I'd help lower level leaguemates or friends who needed the feat and A) didn't have the time to grind or B) couldn't get a proper group together. Again...why does it offend you so that someone else can get the feat the same way you likely got some of them....Or if not you...99% of everyone else who was around before last Aug? I can remember in the month or 2 before the clamp LFG flooded with people knocking out some of the hardest feats. Hmmmm, that was probably just my imagination. Hurry, that creaky gate is swinging behind you....better attend to it.

No one is telling you or Diety or anyone they'd HAVE to run it....so why do you feel the need to tell anyone else how they (Theoretically again) run?

Honestly I'm not even sure why I'm arguing with you about it. The way you change your mind on these subjects, in a few months you'll have changed it again.:eek:
    • Like x 3
  16. Proxystar #Perception

You're struggling to solo COP? wait let me guess you're queuing in there with 3 of your other accounts and just having them stand still while you solo it, right, I mean I'm not wrong yea? You want to solo 4 man content.. I mean actually think about what you're saying for a moment.

As for the rest.

the WV and Legion OW bosses are already different, they were structured differently as world bosses compared to Generals and DD which are just open world 8 man bounties.

The OW bosses scaled based on players for example and the bounties do not, the OW bosses were therefore adjusted to suit the clamped system and you'll note the requirement to defeat all preceding WV bosses was removed to spawn Hydra.

I can already effortlessly solo every bounty in EEG and every bounty in EG, because I've built my character properly to do so and put in the effort to receive the ability to do so.

I am entirely, entirely confident that if it works as the others already do that I will be able to do the same with the Generals and DD even more effortlessly than I can today in the same fashion that I currently do in EEG.

It truly is not the games fault that people aren't prepared to actually play the game.
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Suffer, god damn you're acting like clamped content is critical elite - way to over sell the actual difficulty.

Perhaps this isn't your intent but it sounds to me like you now despise helping others because it now requires you to actually have to put in effort, that's not particularly virtuous now is it?

Also I'm not the one telling you, you have to run clamped, the devs changed the game, not me, really let that sink in. I might agree with the system in its current fashion, but stop pretending like I'm the one telling you to do it.

I'm not, I'm defending the new system, sure, but that's the extent of it. I'm not forcing you to do anything, the game is forcing you to play, the developers are forcing you to play.

Realistically I couldn't care less if the whole system reverted, I think it would just suck more, but I'd accept it - that's what makes me different from a lot of others in this thread (whether you accept that's partially you otherwise I don't really care)

I've accepted the changes made under the clamp, I actually support a lot of them because they're better for the health and integrity of the game when putting all feelings to one side. I have adapted and moved on. You lot are still wallowing around in this strange "denial" angry phase of the change-grief cycle still living this dream the developers will turn back the clock.

I honestly question when you'll see the futility of it all.

And for the record my position with respect to the clamp has been absolutely consistent since the launch of omnibus
    • Like x 2
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I earned my growth. EEG minimizes it. That is my whole point against EEG stat clamped content. I earned my growth and I can enjoy my growth in the last 3 DLCs.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You don't need to guess, that's 100% what I did. The point was prior to the clamp it was indeed easier to do (you do seem to miss the point a lot). It was a test. I tried it a few times to test myself and the change. I didn't change my toon...the content did, or the 'clamp' did....that's why I was testing. Honestly not sure I've done it again since the +5 CR difference was added....maybe I'll try that tonight. And yeah, I can put down most of the OW bounties just fine...but why? ThaT Is GrOuP ConTenT....why would you solo group content? Mayhaps to challenge yourself? Or do something you haven't done before that point? How dare you....now grab 3 or 4 other people and do those bounties as they were DESIGNED to be done. We'll have none of this 'doing it your own way' around here I tells ya.

And again...I'm not really talking about my ability to do something or yours Proxy....I'd say in general neither one of us is an average player. You are obviously WAAAAAAY above average (I'd guess top 1%....obviously) and I am just weird. MOST other casual or even slightly hardcore players aren't doing either of these things...you can't really use yourself as an example of the 'average' player.

And if this clamp was only to benefit the 'leete players like you....well, good for you I guess?
    • Like x 1
  20. Grim931 Committed Player

Seriously not good at the comprehension aspect, are you?

Do you just read the first sentence of someone's post and go off on a tirade?

Why the assumption that I haven't somehow grown as a player? I've done this content for years. I was on the demo on ps3 and still have the disc copy of the game. No need to be so condescending for literally no reason. I've never given any reason for you to suspect I'm new or not geared. You've never played with me so there's no way for you to assume where I'm at skill wise.

Said at the end of my post that it's more about fun factor for me.

Should I dumb it down more for you or what?

Tried to space things out to make it easier on you. Try to actually read this time.
    • Like x 1